Daily drive, 2nd car or toy?

14N

daily drive and commute. I do about 50 miles a day, mainly motorways so the fuel economy isnt too bad if i dont rush and use the cruise control. bit boring but gives everyone else time to admire my lovely car instead of rushing past them. hahaha

gets driven more like a toy at the weekends.

it was my daily for a month when I first got it, then noticed mileage vs fuel meant i was out of pocked (shock) when driving around the country for the work I do.. and now I have the ultimate road hogs

VW Polo (N Reg) 1.4 lol this is my daily, man its a beast and a old Cherokee 4.0 ltr for towing .. Z for fun, maybe if I sold all three I could get something that did it all maybe? lol.

Second car for me although my daughter seems to have pinched my other car when my back's been turned :thumbdown:

at least she didnt pinch the zed... better to be driving ur second car as your first that have someone else driving it whilst ur driving something more sensible :)

Mine has been my daily commuter for the last 12 months, doing nearly 2000 miles a month in it. But, the with the fuel costing around £450 a month just to get to work and back, ive started to use a diesel shed this last 2 months for the weekly commute - keeping the zed for fun a couple of times a week. The Diesel shed saves me around £300 a month I reckon, maybe even more when you consider things like the tyres on the zed lasting longer due to less miles. With the shed costing me around £120 a month all in to keep on the road, its a no brainer for me.

Ive also found that now when I do drive the zed I enjoy it a lot more. This last weekend for example, I did about 200 miles in it over 2 days and it was fantastic. Really enjoyed the handling, the performance, I even enjoyed the sound of the K1 exhaust. Really made me think that I will maybe keep this car another 12 months. Whereas, when I was using it for the daily commute - trundling along at 50mph in traffic watching the fuel gauge go down, I couldnt help but wonder if I was mad or not.

Seven years old and 14000 miles! Work is 50 miles away so use my Passat CC.

Zed,s for art.. Passat,s for luxury.

New tyres on both today... the economy should start to improve now!

Mine is my daily driver and I commute over 30 miles each way, each and every day :headhurt:

Watching the petrol guage drain, expecially as 20 miles of the 60 is through the heart of Norwich, crawling at a snails pace. I never fill her up past half full as don't want to carry the excess weight......only issue is the stop at the garage every other day for more fuel.

Wouldn't change her for the world though....I love the feeling everyday when I leave work, walk out of the door and there she is......my baby just waiting for me to take her home! Stresses of work now all gone!

There you have it....."a Zed is good for your health!" :yahoo::lol::#1:

....I love the feeling everyday when I leave work, walk out of the door and there she is......my baby just waiting for me to take her home! Stresses of work now all gone!

Amen to that feeling :teeth:

I've had mine a month now (so still in the honeymoon phase I guess). I still look over my shoulder for one last glance as I park her up for the day aswell :lol:

Daily toy :lol: Only do about 70km a day and mostly highway getting through about STG80 in petrol weekly. I live in a hot and usually sunny climate so top down to and from work. Brings a smile to my face when i drop my son off at school (and am allowed to actually drop him off at the gates now as I have a cool car B) ) then enjoy the morning sun on my way into work on a very clear highway as I "counter-flow" commute. At the end of the day its top down always and sometimes taking the B-roads home. Either way its more smiles/mile than anything I've driven before incl. my Saab 900S turbo convertible or MGC or MGB. It's a keeper for me for sure and will never go back to hard top commuting! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: