nearly binned it

Dave172

on my normal drive to the garage to day went round a right hander and the abs kicked in 3 times in quick succession i nearly kaked me sell :lol: it has worn re050a on the front with 5 mm left it is not the first time it has done it and a @*!# me sell every time am just asking because my old Clio 182 seemed to have trouble at about the same speeds on the same corners is the 350 nowen to under steer or do i just need to learn to :drive1 ha

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis the mixed tyres matey. Lots of threads about it in the tyres sub forum. ;)

No it isnt. He was clearly driving wrong. Braking with abs kicking in round a bend? Mixed tyres or not thats trouble.

Maybe so, but sounds more like ESP kicking in rather than ABS. He did not mention breaking. :shrug:

EDIT only just read the post above.

Tis the mixed tyres matey. Lots of threads about it in the tyres sub forum. ;)

No it isnt. He was clearly driving wrong. Braking with abs kicking in round a bend? Mixed tyres or not thats trouble.

Maybe so, but sounds more like ESP kicking in rather than ABS. He did not mention breaking. :shrug:

+1 may be some slight confusion on this

a had me foot in it and backed off when it slid the car done the rest

you're clearly not driving to condition and I think its inevitable that your car will have a short life....

if a front wheel drive clio is sliding on this corner then why on earth would you push a rear wheel drive round it and expect it not to slide....

Start driving to suit the road conditions before you make somebody else, or yourself, another statistic

OK granddad a never said my Clio slid a said it never the clio was fine and a was flowing a land rover discovery at the time about 60 mph read the thing properly or **** off never crashed in 15 years

Dont tell me to f*ck off buddy.... see you around :thumbs:

OK granddad a never said my Clio slid a said it never the clio was fine and a was flowing a land rover discovery at the time about 60 mph read the thing properly or **** off never crashed in 15 years

At the end of the day mate, unless there is something wrong with your tyres or geometry, the back-end should not break away unprovoked. There is a deliberate 'warning understeer' dialled into the factory setup, and the only way you can get it to oversteer before feeling that understeer is by sticking your foot in. If you were sticking your foot in round a bend in a RWD car then why were you surprised the ESP kicked in?

Oh and this> , is a comma and this> . is a full stop, they are your friends.

DB

possibly not the best kind of response to a long term member.

Your posts are not the easiest to read in the first place. and if you're rude to people you'll tend to find many of members won't bother pitching in.

as for your predicament, ABS only kicks in under braking, so unless you applied the brake pedal ABS wouldn't have done anything.

most likely stability control kicked in. the car comes with both traction control and stability control. it would have been one of those.

without being in the car and seeing the corner its very hard to comment on a situation that someones written about.

the car is setup with more understeer to counter to much oversteer on the rear.

check your tyre pressures,

because my old Clio 182 seemed to have trouble at about the same speeds on the same corners is the 350 nowen to under steer or do i just need to learn to :drive1 ha

I thought that implied that the Clio had simlar problems at simlar speeds - as I think Neil did.

BTW that response was uncalled for IMO!

As others have said mixed tyres are not good on a Zed - RT says check your tyre pressures (good idea) - the car kills power when it kicks in but I don't think it actually breaks.

I assume there are no leaves, oil or any other things on this paticulat corener that could be causing it?

Could you perhaps expalin a little better what happened - if you were following a landrover at 60mph and he made the bend surely even if traction control kicked in it can't have been that mad? or are we all missing the point?

if he is such a good member he would have replied like you and not been a kn ob it must have been the stability control and i will cheek my tyre pressers thank you he presumed i was a boy racer he has never met me a was only rude after the insult

5mm of tread on the front is quite abit, certainly enough to not really make a massive difference on a corner from my limited experience of track days and kart racing, So I would say slow down the zed is very heavy however the falken will provide more grip on the rear which would mean the front may push on abit but again this is only in racing iv ever experienced this (ie going fast around a bend),if a clio pushes on in a bend the zed certainly will, and all the ESP is doing is sorting out your f**k up.

Turn it off and see how you get on..... Actually dont.

Liam

5mm of tread on the front is quite abit, certainly enough to not really make a massive difference on a corner from my limited experience of track days and kart racing, So I would say slow down the zed is very heavy however the falken will provide more grip on the rear which would mean the front may push on abit but again this is only in racing iv ever experienced this (ie going fast around a bend),if a clio pushes on in a bend the zed certainly will, and all the ESP is doing is sorting out your f**k up.

Liam

I actually find it safer with tcs off. The tcs in the 350 is rubbish. I didnt know how rubbish until I drove a low powered merc with it. Its tcs is so so much better. The 350 cuts all power but not safely and it doesnt really sense no grip and when it does which takes a while it doesnt help you.

The 350 wont bite your hand off it will give you a few warning before its going to bite, although the tcs flashing might be one of them.

Liam

I actually find it safer with tcs off. The tcs in the 350 is rubbish. I didnt know how rubbish until I drove a low powered merc with it. Its tcs is so so much better. The 350 cuts all power but not safely and it doesnt really sense no grip and when it does which takes a while it doesnt help you.

The 350 wont bite your hand off it will give you a few warning before its going to bite, although the tcs flashing might be one of them.

I agree it's really bad, However I'm not sure I wanted to give that advice :blackeye:

if he is such a good member he would have replied like you and not been a kn ob it must have been the stability control and i will cheek my tyre pressers thank you he presumed i was a boy racer he has never met me a was only rude after the insult

Your grammar and punctuation is appauling.

If i'm a knob by saying that your not driving to conditions then more fool you.

If you drive to conditions the car will not misbehave.

I would like to see you call me a knob to my face big man. As a new member I suggest you start taking advice and listening to people. You are bang out of order