When guns met rosie

Will370z

Big thanks for Colin (ebized) for helping out and providing advice on my first big purchase for rosie.

Ive been looking at exhausts and narrowed it down to 2, a stillen or an invidia gemini. Ive always loved the look and sound of guns (one of the reasons i bought rosie). Went to meet up at the owl for an impromtu meet to listen to guns and the stillen. Sounded amazing. Following you home sounded even better, colin you really should hear your car from behind its amazing and all those downchanges with the synchro rev :cloud9:

All i can say is when i got home i placed my order :yahoo:

Beautiful day too, roof down all the way.

Good to see graham who popped along too for a quick coffee. :thumbs: thanks for the advice on the stillen, you were absolutely right. Hope you got the tax disk installed ;):lol:

Couple of photos to follow when uploaded.

Keep that shopping list open cos you really need to drop that suspension and spacers.

Looking forward to hearing Rosie with a Stillen, and seeing your Cheshire grin :teeth:

(is it me or does the 350 look like a toy car in terms of size against the 370?) (or is the 370 a friggin great ship :lol: )

Black rose comes to life with the sun... B)

It has a lovely fleck to it when the sun is low - bit like the UY, you dont really notice it until the sun is in the right position, then it looks amazing B)

So you joining the Stillen club then Will? :teeth:

I think Colin must have followed me at some point so he knows how good his car sounds :bose:

Pleased to help Will - two years on and I am still loving the noise the Stillen makes and it farts nicely on the overun now it has aged - rather like its owner :D:blush:

A few more pics of the day

Pride of place

P1010760.jpg

P1010763.jpg

You look kinda pleased Will

P1010761.jpg

And Graham is clearly impressed

P1010766.jpg

Nice shine B)

P1010765.jpg

And the business end

P1010764.jpg

Keep that shopping list open cos you really need to drop that suspension and spacers.

Looking forward to hearing Rosie with a Stillen, and seeing your Cheshire grin :teeth:

(is it me or does the 350 look like a toy car in terms of size against the 370?) (or is the 370 a friggin great ship :lol: )

Lol i have a few plans B) And i will definitely be grinning

Great photos guys.

Will, I must ask, how do you cope in the Roadster being so, hmmmm, lanky :p . I'm a heady 5'8" and my seat is pressed up against the back to such an extent the leather creaks as it rubs against it - I've now pulled my seat forwards a fraction but I'd prefer it back a touch. Are your knees by your ears or something ;) .

Good choice with the Stillen though. Hasn't Guns got HFCs too. I've not and am perfectly happy with my level of noise. I'd suggest the exhaust first and see how your get on.

Great photos guys.

Will, I must ask, how do you cope in the Roadster being so, hmmmm, lanky :p . I'm a heady 5'8" and my seat is pressed up against the back to such an extent the leather creaks as it rubs against it - I've now pulled my seat forwards a fraction but I'd prefer it back a touch. Are your knees by your ears or something ;) .

Good choice with the Stillen though. Hasn't Guns got HFCs too. I've not and am perfectly happy with my level of noise. I'd suggest the exhaust first and see how your get on.

Funny you should ask, i had a long chat with colin today about the seating. Im 6ft7 so its a little tight. It seems there is less room in the 370 vs the 350 and comparing guns to rosie there is slightly less length in the cain of the roadster to the coupe. I have the seat as far back as i can without rubbing behind the seats and my knees dont touch the dash nor my head the roof. Seems like i am an inch perfect fit just. if not i just have to have the roof down all the time B)

Guns doesnt have the hfcs and its still awesome. I had the milltek and berks hfc in the 350z and it was great but the stillen should do the trick.

Guns doesnt have the hfcs and its still awesome. I had the milltek and berks hfc in the 350z and it was great but the stillen should do the trick.

Colin needs a nudge to get some though. We're fighting over who will try them first to make sure they are bearable for a good GT car as we both like to travel in relative comfort and dont want to destroy the Zeds great GT qualities.

The hfcs do make a glorious noise but reading on the usa sites it seems they trigger the ecu light like the 350z, dont really want to be doing that again as it got annoying. Also ive heard from some you get more droning from them in the coupe but its not a problem with the roadster.

I will stick tothe stillen first and then may upgrade as i did with the berks B)

I'd imagine Mark can turn off the EML with UpRev so that wont be a problem. The sticking point for me would be the droning. Dont want to go adding drone on the motorway for the sake of 10HP more - especially when I already have ~350HP. Hence waiting for Colin to get some. But I think he's waiting for me to get some :lol:

I'd imagine Mark can turn off the EML with UpRev so that wont be a problem. The sticking point for me would be the droning. Dont want to go adding drone on the motorway for the sake of 10HP more - especially when I already have ~350HP. Hence waiting for Colin to get some. But I think he's waiting for me to get some :lol:

:lol: tell you want give me the money and i will test them out foryou :teeth: