I sold my 370...

Storm White

I loved my 370, but after just 6 months I decided it wasn't for me I'm afraid...

I never really got to use the power of it, I hardly drove it, I found it hard to park (being a woman!) - and I decided I didn't love it enough to fork out for 4 new tyres in one go. And road tax. Even on my tiny mileage, £100 to fill the tank HURT! I did know about the running costs before I bought one, but decided I'd rather spend my cash on holidays instead.

So I'm now the proud owner of this:

2012-02-26114040.jpg

It's an Abarth 500 Esseesse. Cheap to run, quick, so easy to park and SUCH fun to drive!

The 370 was awesome but now I'll just admire them from afar...thanks for the help and advice on here :)

2011-10-09115621.jpg

Yes Dave, I had a Fiat once, brand new, and it was the worssssssssssssssst build quality I have ever had in a car, 2 days after ownership the drivers door(external)handle fell off the car whilst I was driving, wen round a corner, drivers door swung open :scare:

Took it back to SGM Fiat in Park-gate, and was told to tie the door shut..... :rant: Needless to say, I am a person of few words, :blush: and I wasnt a happy bunny!

Somehow, I lost control of the car, god knows how, it was only a 1.4cc, but it happened ;) and the car was written off, that was 3 weeks after ownership.

Insurance paid out quite well considering i didnt put a claim in for whiplash and all that. :lol:

And you point being?

What a come down, sorry to be negative, but ...............a fiat :scare:

As apposed to a Datsun :dry:

Shame the Zed didn't work out for you, it did look stunning, but then again the 500 looks the bollocks too and certainly delivers a lot of bang for your buck.

As a matter of interest, how did the Zed sale go, did it go privately (where did you advertise/which advert attracted the sale), did you get a decent price (do you mind disclosing the figure). Just interested in people's experience in selling a car such as a Zed.

Sounds like someone didn't do enough research really............

:lol: You can always count on Sarnie

Its true though.

Tax, tyres and petrol haven't really changed in price recently.

Nor has the size of the 370's petrol tank or engine.

;)

Sorry to see it go, but appears the small city car suits you better for the OP given the "problems" with the car.

Sounds like someone didn't do enough research really............

:lol: You can always count on Sarnie

Its true though.

Tax, tyres and petrol haven't really changed in price recently.

Nor has the size of the 370's petrol tank or engine.

;)

Afraid I have to agee. The Zed is not a good town car, it will drink fuel like mad if you are constantly stop/starting it. Its desgned as a mile muncher, cruise across Europe and you'll see what its really for. We loved taking our to the South of France, it was brilliant and got about 30MPG across the whole trip. However when its at home and pottering around town the MPG is scary low. Its a big heavy car with big thirsty engine, cant expect it to be light on consumables unfortunately.

Hey, we all buy things with our hearts instead of our heads, hell, do you really think me buying a Maserati was a head decision :bangin: . Think you're being a little harsh on Miss Storm, at least she hasn't traded it in for a Micra or something, and got a great little pocket-rocket ;) .

Hey, we all buy things with our hearts instead of our heads, hell, do you really think me buying a Maserati was a head decision :bangin: . Think you're being a little harsh on Miss Storm, at least she hasn't traded it in for a Micra or something, and got a great little pocket-rocket ;) .

Yarda Yarda Yarda. :lol:

Sorry miss storm, you must be well happy with your fiat 500 ;)

Nice car, least it's not a micra or something. Congrats on your purchase, hell I even bought a merc slk, :surrender:

Odd swap like but all the best.

Seems a bit like buying a 4 bed detached (with whirlpool bath AND wetroom) then deciding to buy a studio flat because you couldn't afford the running costs like but each to their own.

Odd swap like but all the best.

Seems a bit like buying a 4 bed detached (with whirlpool bath AND wetroom) then deciding to buy a studio flat because you couldn't afford the running costs like but each to their own.

I've often had to make some :headhurt: car changes -the most recent having to pass up on my second Scooby Turbo for a Smart in order to help win a lucrative contract that required a high proportion of 'green' boxes to be ticked :doh: but very happy when I was able to move on and get my first ZED in 2005. :D

Would it be fair to say that you have to drive a car like the Z quite a bit to really get to grips with it and appreciate it?

Bit hard for me to say as it's the only car I've owned and only the second I've ever driven (the other being the Fiesta I took my lessons in :headhurt: ). My other half has been driving for years and on quite long commutes in a variety of cars e.g. Corrado, Calibra, but she still found the Z quite a handful to begin with.

I don't drive to work but when I was new to driving I forced myself to get out and drive the Z as often as I could to get used to it. Now I love it :teeth:

I find the Zed dead easy to drive. Its a bit big feeling (and hard to see out of at times) but in terms of power delivery its nice and smooth and does what you tell it via the throttle. Unlike a lot of turbo cars which give you nothing then suddenly take off down the road! You just need to have control of your right foot :drive1