Football Thread

coldel

I didn't think it was fully over but it could easily have been given then Chelsea would be up in arms... :shrug:

I have to agree, I watched the replays last night, not 100% conclusive but it didn't look to be a goal. On the plus side at least we gave them a decent game in the last 30 minutes, shocking for the first hour of the game though :thumbdown:

Pete

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you had a goid day Pete, I was there 2 weeks back for the semi final, great atmosphere shame about the result.... I guess you will have the same thoughts.

How many more times will we have the goal line technology debate, just get it sorted!!!!!!!

I didn't think it was fully over but it could easily have been given then Chelsea would be up in arms... :shrug:

Yeah but look at the apparent 'goal' they scored against spurs in the semi;

Chelsea seem to be the luckiest team in the world at the moment. That goal was given for them but Carroll's wasn't even though it more over the line that their goal against spurs :bang:

The bottom line is that Carroll should have just buried it :wacko:

Yeah if Liverpools goal had been given it would have evened that up but my point was good or bad decision how can a ref and a lino make it in a split second :shrug: all the bull about spoling the game is crap, a minute or so and a replay are all thats needed. It was sooo obvious at wembley that the ref had fecked up because everything else was replayed, the replays were instant so the guy making that decision made it pretty quickly!!!

Goal line technology would have been in years ago if it wasn't for the corrupt Europeans running the game...everyone knows its the way forward, just too effin cowardly to do anything about it.

...and a wembley appearance for the Hammers, I might even have tickets for it if I am lucky :thumbs:

As a side note, as I read on BBC mobile the news, saw that Adam Holioake (yes the ex England cricketer) is now a cage fighter in Oz, and not a bad one either!

3 straight we've bottled it.

Our play off record is

1996/97 lost in semi to Northampton

2001/02 lost in semi to Stoke

2002/03 beat QPR in final

2009/10 lost in final to Blackpool

2010/11 lost in semi to Reading

2011/12 lost in semi to West Ham

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Is SMD around today?

:D

Didn't think we'd actually win today, especially without Becchio. Great result from the lads, sounds like it was well-deserved too.

Yep good game, we were awful at the back, thought I was watching Arsenal at times :surrender:

:lol:

• 2 months later...