Neuton tyres

fastfu

I just thought i'd let people know about neuton tyres as ive just put a pair on the front of my zed and they are fantastic

they get great reviews:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Neuton/NT5000.htm

They are made by yokohama as part of a bugdet range

http://www.neuton-tyres.co.uk/?page_id=22

Neo brothers are the uk stockists

http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/index.php

I bought a pair of 245/35/19's for £200 including delivery

check em out

The sort of people who would consider purchasing unknown budget tyres for their sports car tend to be the sort of people for whom the sole satisfaction factor is the price of said tyre hence why there are only positive reviews. I honestly struggle to believe that any manufacturer is able to produce anything even remotely reasonable for half the price of other budget tyres in the same size - it's not magic. In my humble opinion if you choose to run non-standard wheel sizes, you should only do so if you are able to afford to put proper rubber on them as otherwise it is a pretty pointless decision.

The sort of people who would consider purchasing unknown budget tyres for their sports car tend to be the sort of people for whom the sole satisfaction factor is the price of said tyre hence why there are only positive reviews. I honestly struggle to believe that any manufacturer is able to produce anything even remotely reasonable for half the price of other budget tyres in the same size - it's not magic. In my humble opinion if you choose to run non-standard wheel sizes, you should only do so if you are able to afford to put proper rubber on them as otherwise it is a pretty pointless decision.

Yep but my opinion was formed by actually using the tyres and not just assuming with no experience whatsoever.

"the proof on the pudding is in the driving"

The JDM Allstars drift team use neuton tyres

“Initially I was surprised to get the call inviting me to the team. I had previously run the Neuton tyres and knew how much potential they had, specifically the grip levels! My only hope is that I can do the team proud!†– Ian “Bizz†Phillips (semi-pro winner)

“The tyres are good, simple. I definitely rate them amongst the best out there, but with the added benefit of lasting much longer. They have a strong sidewall, like a track tyre, so the response is amazing. As for being in the team, I’ve had a grin on my face since Mitto called me!†– Jon Calvert (stage one winner)

Yep but my opinion was formed by actually using the tyres and not just assuming with no experience whatsoever.

"the proof on the pudding is in the driving"

You said that you have "just" put them on. I'd give them a little bit of time and see how well they perform when you have to do an emergency stop coming round a sharp bend at speed during strong rain. Some racing team might be using "Neuton" tyres in a drift series, but I'd bet that they aren't going to be the same tyre that they're selling at £80 a pop online.

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but I've heard about a new budget tyre that is better than anything else on the market at half the price of the cheapest reasonable option before and somehow they didn't quite catch on. In a huge market like tyres, unless there has been some ground-breaking innovation, you generally get what you pay for as if there was a way to manufacture great tyres at that price, I am sure somebody else would have lowered theirs too.

Tyres that grip the road? Hug the curves? Rip the miles? HOT DAMN SIGN ME UP BOYS :yahoo:

Ahem.

Do they do them in the right sizes for the Beetle?

:snack:

Sadly not. I died a little inside when I found that out. :(

Each to their own. If the OP is happy, I'm happy. There's enough posts on here where I give my opinion, no need to add to them if the OP has already read them and decided that Neuton tyres are for him. :)

I just bought a new tyre to replace a terrible Nexen one I had at the front. Thankfully that is me back to Toyo T1Rs all round for when she comes back on the road more often! :yahoo:

As this is a discontinued tyre, I really had trouble sourcing another so when they are done I will make a move to a new tyre. For those of you interested I got it at Oponeo at the bargain price of £166 delivered. First time getting tyres online and I can't fault them at all! Top stuff!

It is for the front wheel on my zed. Pretty big at 265/30/19. You should see the rears - 285/3019 :scare::lol:

photo-17.jpg

cragus you do know you should replace across the axle even if you put the same tyre on you now have 1 new tyre and worm worn tyre. the grip levels are going to be different.

as for the neuton tyre the reviews on there only have 18 people so far, not saying that this ,ales them rubbish, but i'd want to see more mileage and reviews on them, or see them appear in a mag tyre test like EVO befoe i looked at them.

one thing i will say is just becuase they are new doesn;t make them rubbish,

Toyo came from no where, basically droping the price on them, and pushing them on the car enthusiast world, falken appeared in a similiar manner and to be honest so did vredestein.

they;ve got to start somewhere, i think the big thing is time will tell,

Before owning my zed I owned subaru's. My last Subaru was bought from a fastidious fellow who was driving the car on 19's. When I went to view/buy, I wasn't fussed on the 19's choosing to get some cash off the car and use the standard wheels, which had just been refurbed by seller & fitted with new Neutons. Now I wasn't that keen on the Neutons but as they were new I thought I may as well run them for a while and probably blitz them with the 330bhp of teh Impreza. Well, after several journeys over several months to and from South Wales to Staffordshire, in all sorts of conditions, I was surprised by just how good the tyres were....so good in fact, I didn't rush and put my falken shod OZ's on the car.

Conclusion from me is that they are one of the better budget tyres BUT would I buy them to put on my Zed when the Bridgestone RE050's need changing...errr no, I'll be buying some more RE050's. The Neutons are good but not a match for a premium tyre IMHO. :thumbs:

cragus you do know you should replace across the axle even if you put the same tyre on you now have 1 new tyre and worm worn tyre. the grip levels are going to be different.

as for the neuton tyre the reviews on there only have 18 people so far, not saying that this ,ales them rubbish, but i'd want to see more mileage and reviews on them, or see them appear in a mag tyre test like EVO befoe i looked at them.

one thing i will say is just becuase they are new doesn;t make them rubbish,

Toyo came from no where, basically droping the price on them, and pushing them on the car enthusiast world, falken appeared in a similiar manner and to be honest so did vredestein.

they;ve got to start somewhere, i think the big thing is time will tell,

Yeah other front is relatively new too Biscuit. :blush::D

The JDM Allstars drift team use neuton tyres

No, the Neuton drift team in JDM are supplied Neuton tyres as part of their sponsorship. Theres a couple of pretty major differences there ;)

That said, a fair amount of "normal" drifters have used them as road tyres and feedback has been very positive, particularly in the wet. Id certainly consider using them :)

Neuton are a brand of YHI International, an Asian distributor of Yokohama, Pirelli, Enkei, OZ. They also supplied wheels to the Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 team. The tyres are almost certainly made by Yokohama in Indonesia.

I love how many above automatically trashed them as a budget brand... On the other hand Vredestein are praised to the skies when they're owned by Indian budget tyre maker Apollo.

Vredestein got trashed too when they first came out, until people tried them and realised that the VUS were actually great in terms of feel, but still only average in terms of grip. Most budget tyres fall down on both of those, so to find one that didn't is the exception rather than the rule.

Vredestein got trashed too when they first came out, until people tried them and realised that the VUS were actually great in terms of feel, but still only average in terms of grip. Most budget tyres fall down on both of those, so to find one that didn't is the exception rather than the rule.

:scare: You mean they arent the best choice of tyre? :scare:

I thought everyone on here loved them - had them on mine and really didnt rate them at all, you are the first person other than me who has said anything negative I think ;)

I remember when the garage side of the filling station I worked in many moons ago started selling a new budget tyre with a name that was hard to pronounce.... Vredenstein.

Every manufacturer has to start somewhere. To get them on cars they have to price low and sell in volume.

I'm not saying they are good or bad as I haven't used them.

:scare: You mean they arent the best choice of tyre? :scare:

I thought everyone on here loved them - had them on mine and really didnt rate them at all, you are the first person other than me who has said anything negative I think ;)

Don't get me wrong, if I was after cheaper tyres for a Zed then the lowest I'd be prepared to go would be the VUS, however it has to be said that the feel from them is amongst the best tyres I've ever used (second only to S1 Elise Neovas) and that goes a long way towards balancing up what they lack in outright grip. Far, far better than any Falken/Toyo non-motorsport tyre.