newbie question

john smith

do you see the roadster as a bit of a gay mobile

soory if any gays are offended. :blush:

im 46 , had all sorts of cars, mainly jap sports,

any way bout 6 months ago i decided to get a 2 seater, soft top, never had one before, mainly evos and scoobies, so mid life crisis an all that the urge took me.

any way after looking and trying sl 55 amg, and tuscans, and breifly toying with boxters :blush: i went for the 350 z.

and i feel like a pig in @*!#, :teeth:

pound for pound i cant beleive what a great car it is, ive spent £2500 allready on it without even lifting the bonnet :p

anyway, excuse an elderly zed owner whos had a beer or 5 :blush:

Not really but I prefer the coupe. I did seriously consider buying one of the last 350 Roadsters back in 2008 and TBH if they'd have offered me a decent P/X on my 2006 Zed I'd have gone for it, they wanted 10k plus my car, 9k was my limit. I should really have thought it through properly and bought it for cash and sold my Zed privately :doh:

Pete

I personally don't like any soft top convertibles. So I would have to agree with you.

I think once you get to supercar territory, then convertibles for men don't look feminine. But in any case if I was going to have a convertible, I'd always go for a hard top.

My last roadster was a MGC in a distant life without wife/kids etc.. I am 50+ (mid life crisis much? :lol: ) and was thinking of getting a Merc SLK. My 19 and 16 year old lads response when I told them this was: :yuck: massively old fart ghey! I ended up with a 2004 Z roadster in white and have heard from my missus that she overheard my older son tell his girlfriend while walking past the car that "Dad was just keeping it warm for him till he gets out of military service :lol: "

With my cred restored please move over Porkie while I roll in the Sh#te with you! Puts a smile on my face every day I've driven it for the past months and I find myself stopping when walking past, just to look at it. I've had young blokes come up to me in carparks to ask me what it is, who are driving far more "macho mobiles" and you can see the admiration for it almost daily when you drive down the street. It's quite rare here in HK where most convertibles are high end supercars, mercs or bimmers so the local lads drool over it. Enjoy!

Yes, i think anyone with a 350z roadster must be a bender. :lol:

Only kidding. I think the 350z roadster is one of those few roadsters which look like a blokes car. Maybe that and the Z4 convertible. Most other converibles tend to look like chick cars. My missus had a 206cc last year and that was definately a chick car. I felt embaressed every time i drove it.