thought Bose was supposed to be the dogs *******

bobmac

only picked it up saturday and been at work since, anyway to get a CD in you press load and all six discs start to flash you select by pressing button cd1-6, it then whirls a bit and then turns off, what am i doing wrong, BTW when i picked it up i eventually got three CDs out of it, after about 20 minutes messing, judging by the CD titles the last owner was about 15 :lol: also what the hell does the elongated thin box attached to the windscreen above the rear view mirror do and in the centre console there is an oblong box with two wires coming out the rear end (oh er matron) sorry about the probabaly obvious questions but as you can see my descriptive powers are pretty poor

To load all 6 CD's you just press and hold the load button till it tells you to start loading. You do not need to press any other button or it thinks you are trying to load a CD thats already in that slot and overrides the full load sequence.

BOSE systems are generally rebranded. In this case it's a Clarion system you have.

The elongated bar on windscreen is to do with your cars handfree. Which is also what the connection with wires is in your center cubby. A bluetooth adapter fits in there.

Do you not have a manual for the car? All these questions would have been answered in the space of 5 mins by consulting it :thumbs:

i didnt get a manual with the car, and thought i'd get some help from the fonts of all knowledge, thanks for the help and anyway, its appreciated, just tried the way you guys suggested and no matter how long i press the CD button it just sits and looks at me, i remember having a similar system in my RX7 and got rid as it was s**t to be honest

If you mentioned you didn't have a manual and that you did a google search for it (where you can find it on page 1 of the search results as it happens) and turned up nothing then I am sure Lexx would not have referred you to reading it and the subsequent unnecessary sarcasm :shrug:

The OP did receive a sarcastic initial reply and then gets slapped down for his own?!?

Anyway the temperamental head unit is actually made by Clarion with only the external amp and speakers being made by Bose. If your handy with a screwdriver you could try stripping it down with the help of this guide:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21318

As far as I thought, the 'Bose' unit is made by clarion. And as for Bose being the dogs, my sound dock in my kitchen is the best gadget I own, well, apart from my iPhone of course! Our Bose unit in the zed is less use than a one legged man in an arse kicking contest. It won't play CDs, at all, and will let me listen to my iPhone/iPod using the tape on a wire, but only through one side of the cars speaker setup. The radio works, but only if I'm in the open as my bee sting ariel(sp) sucks but I persevere with that because it looks nice :lol:

My advice is to save some pennies and get a new head unit mate, then take the 'Bose' and use it for target practice. This is exactly what I'll be doing when I get some coin together.

As for your other probs, sorry I'll be of no help!

thanks for the tips and help guys, gonna think about changing head unit but it will have to wait as i sort of overspent when i bought the new toy, but might as well keep it could use it as a wheel chock perhaps when working with car ramps :teeth: didnt realise that ther plug in blue tooth unit were so dear ? not right up on bluetooth but i have a works mobile and my own can i pair two phones ?

no idea what the rectangular flapped opening is on it... do i slot my ipod in it? :dry:

In a manner of speaking...yes.

Do the 'Bose ipod hack' and the tape function becomes mp3/ipod. Works very well. Iirc there is something you can do about the skipping cd's as well (besides the smack to the knee pad) would be worth doing whilst inside the unit perhaps. :thumbs:

Skipping CD is apparently caused by condensation, so obviously its worse in the winter months. I've stuck a number of silica gel bags around the cockpit which helps a bit, I certainly don't get that much condensation on the windows any more. Also,it might just be my imagination, but the skipping seems worse on my home made CD's, in fact I still get the odd skip when the CD player has "warmed up".

You could always of course use one of these on your CD Player :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Hairdryer ... 547wt_1396

Pete