Go Pro videos from skiing this weekend :)

djtimo

Jess and I got back from a little 3 night trip to soll in Austria last night. Great few days with some very cold nights (-31) and lots of sun and beer too!

You know me..... The GoPro's came for the ride too

Going again in a few weeks so need to sort out a few more mounts (ski tip, new back pack pole etc! lol)

Thanks people! lol.. :)

Soll is my all time favourite, been going there on and off 22 years. Love the place. Been watching skiwelt.at and the claim of 2.7mtr's of snow :scare: although their top reading is actually in a ditch near the lift at Rigi. So they're slightly cheating.

Can't watch the vid for some reason on my iPhone but will pilut the laptop on later.

Where did you stay?

Soll is my all time favourite, been going there on and off 22 years. Love the place. Been watching skiwelt.at and the claim of 2.7mtr's of snow :scare: although their top reading is actually in a ditch near the lift at Rigi. So they're slightly cheating.

Can't watch the vid for some reason on my iPhone but will pilut the laptop on later.

Where did you stay?

Youtube blocked mobile users due to copywriter on the song! :angry::angry:

Well Soll is great! I have been ode before but Jess did here knee in on the 3rd day (ligaments went/ full leg cast :scare: ) We stayed in two hotels! The first night was in the miribel, we had a terrible room, broken shower and not clean! We moved hotels to the silaber just down the road! Cheaper and FAR FAR better! Both just in the centre of town.

As for cost the hotels were 64 Euro per night B&B and flights cost £109 our own transfers from munich airport were 50 Euro's there and back (mini bus with 6 others in our group).

Lifts were cheap so with food LOTS AND LOTS of beer and everything in I think Jess and i spent less than a grand! made up!

Ligaments are bad news with skiing, could take a very long time to repair.

Haha stayed in a few B&B's in Soll when I used to meet up with the reps on my own ;) heck they were the good old days.

Lift pass cheap :scare: it used to be £100 not that very long ago, but since they've spent a fortune with new lifts they've had to put the prices up.

Glad you had a cool time - we may pop over in March job depending :snack:

Mayrhoffens a thumbs up from me!!! im planning a big group trip out to Whistler for December/January over new years for the end of this year! should be crazy!!

Virgin do great deals especially heading over to the states! i was in Mammoth for 10 nights last year for £1100, inc lift pass, slop side hotel, and truck rental (6 of us). was amazing and would defo go back there. over 5 metres of snow!!! :scare:B)

I did 5 resorts in Colorado years ago, great mountains and superb snow, but Après ski is a tad boring and the price of equipment to purchase is a joke. As well as paying £45 a day for a lift pass made for expensive skiing.

Never done Mayrhoffen, but heard its pretty good :thumbs:

Chamomix and Val Thorens are extremly good :thumbs: oh and stupidly expensive :thumbdown:

just did a week in soll didnt rate it much bus service was a joke and apres was quiet. snow was amazing though but extremely cold temps (-20) westendorf was nice to ski real good wide quiet runs. although prefer kaprun/zell am see.

wicked video though have to get a cam for my helmet i think

I just got back from the French Alps , We had a week in Vallandry ( Les Arcs) , awesome amount of snow over our 2011 trip.

Yes it was cold , but you are on a snow based holiday and high up a mountain. We had -20 at 2000+ metres on a few days, had to wrap up worm and not take your gloves off.....

Resort isnt to expensive to eat during the day, Apres ski not bad either beer a little dear 6 Euro for a Leffe or Magners.

Might even slide back for a long weekend in March!!!!

I have a huge amount of Go Pro footage as well , will get on editting it down once I get over my long list of un answered emails.......

We was using a Go pro on a board using a suction mount with good results , the only trouble is the rubber freezes and the mount falls off. We always use a safety teather as well thou;

I think with some work you could make a nice mount up via the bindings, the video looking from a board is awesome , once my friend edits his video's I will post a link up for all to see,

Michelle did her knee (not a bad one) on the run down into sheffau about 5 years ago we actually ended up getting her a support in Soll ( where she then pretended her knee was fine) and I watched one of the champions league games in Soll as well. Considering doing a few days in early march its a toss up between 3/4 days sking or poss new front splitter,spoiler and skirts for the zed or possibly a magpul airsoft acr if I can persuade shell to let me :D .

Im tempted to go skiing and leave the zed as it is.......

Go skiing, will be more fun :thumbs:

Hopefully going out to the Alps next year with a mate whos parents have just bought a small place out there. No idea where its situated other than its in prime skiing/boarding teritory. Always wanted to try boarding, so should be good if I dont face plant too much :blackeye:

Sod the car, boarding (or skiing - not for me though :p ) FTW!!!

Nothing beats the rush of standing on top of a mountain above the clouds about to hoon it down!! In Mammoth we clocked over 70mph on my mates GPS! Sharp edges and strong legs required!!! :lol:

Think we need a boarding/skiing thread for pics, deals, recommendations etc!!! B)

Go pro mounted on a Board with a suction mount , it isnt me but a good friend while we was in Vallandry last week, I was at the rear on ski's with the Go pro on a chesty mount we will endeavour to edit a video with both views in soon.

But here you go to see what a Go Pro records when mounted on a Board.

Its whether I can convince that skiing is a good option for this year. If we do go just got to decide where to go. Soll does sound a good option though although I dont like its distant from the bottom of the mountain. Normally ski in Soldeu as it was my local resort for years (parents did live outside of toulouse) and I taught for a year between school and uni ( a long time ago now:P).

RM Knee's and general fitness plus only a week a year mean Im not quite so loony as I used to be still give it a good go though..Did a bit of off piste with ski gb guide last year which surprised me as I looked at some of the stuff and went "no way" got convinced to do it and loved it.

Will have to see if I can persuade shell and then work.

Id also say thats a v cool vid some nice powder as well.

If you stay in the Edinger it's slap bang in the middle of town and a 10 min walk, which I use to warm up the old legs. It's fairly cheap there, simple and very clean. Been staying there for the last 15 years and it's perfect. If you don't fancy walking the bus stop is 50 yards.

Also the Skiwelt is the largest ski circus in Austria. Challenge ski all 5 areas in one day. No Taxi's allowed except for getting to Westendorf and back.

There are two lock ups, one at the gondola and a second at the ski hire centre. Obviously the gondola is most ideal, but if you use the ski hire place it's cheaper and you get to ski half the walking distance from gondola to town :thumbs:

Maybe we should organise a forum ski meet without Zeds :lol: