Go Pro videos from skiing this weekend :)

djtimo

Great video, amazing stability on that camera. Just had a look on Ebay, what exact model Go Pro is this, best place to pick one up ? I really want one of these :thumbs:

Just got back from Meribel, seriously cold but had a amazing time. Did some filming but had to hold my camera :wacko: came ok but nothing like yours.

Leeroy - there's not a great deal of off-piste in Soll or the entire Skiwelt I'm afraid. There are a few selected spots, such as the back side off Hohe Salve (Soll) or the main bowl in Westendorf. You'd do best speaking with the ski guide there for the off piste snow conditions.

Après - straight after skiing you've got the Salven Stadle at the cross roads, which is a great meeting point. Also used in the evenings with good music and lively atmosphere. Can't think of the name of next place but as you walk into town it's on your left opposite the bank. A bit more upper market than Salven. You've then got the Postwirt Hotel in front of you which plays live music in the evenings. Expect to pay a little more on drinks as this is one of the more expensive hotels.

Turn left for Whiskey Muhle which starts as a bar then nightclub. Turn right and you have the Hotel Austria about 100 yards on your right. Good for the occasional live (small) band. Great atmosphere when busy and Maggie who works on the bar has done so since I started skiing there 22 years ago.

Food - opposite the Austria is THE best restaurant called Dorf Stubn - great for meat, although can be expensive, very traditional.

Then there's Giovanni's opposite the Salven Stadle back up on the main road. FANTASTIC Italian, again run by the same people since going there in the beginning. For something trendy I think it's called Auf Muhle upstairs from Whiskey Muhle.

Ooh I forgot - you've got Buffalos bar and late night drinking which is downstairs from Giovanni's.

Whilst you're there in the Tirol, grab yourself a mountain Tiroler Grostle. It's like bubble and squeak but a million times better. The best one is at the restaurant in Scheffau just down from the main lift plateau.

If you need any further info just pm as I've totally hijacked this thread :blush:

[Whilst you're there in the Tirol, grab yourself a mountain Tiroler Grostle.] dont forget gulasche soup and proper schnitzel as well whilst your there. I do miss grostle though :thumbs:

Wasso assuming we are still in the uk next year a zed ski trip sounds like a great idea :thumbs: maybe we should start a thread to see who would be interested and where, what sort of budget duration i.e short break or week etc? What do you reckon?

Schnitzels don't do it for me I'm afraid. The Gulasch has now been beaten, since my parents mOved to Hungary, The Hungarian Goulash absolutely kicks ass.

I'm sure. SkiZ trip could be organised. Even better how about a ski drive with the Zeds :lol:

It wouldn't hurt to pencil in a separate thread for next season. For me unless I'm desperate for skiing I avoid the weekend trips as they are as expensive as a full week. I'll maybe throw some ideas into the pass.

Schnitzels don't do it for me I'm afraid. The Gulasch has now been beaten, since my parents mOved to Hungary, The Hungarian Goulash absolutely kicks ass.

I'm sure. SkiZ trip could be organised. Even better how about a ski drive with the Zeds :lol:

For me unless I'm desperate for skiing I avoid the weekend trips as they are as expensive as a full week. I'll maybe throw some ideas into the pass.

I'm partial to the Gulasche still, been to Innsbruck twice (was there the weekend before last) and the Picante Gulasche is a nice slope lunch. With a Weizenbier of course ;)

My latest trip was for a weekend and you're right it's an expensive way to do it, but it's hard to get a couple of trips in otherwise. Innsbruck can't be beaten for transfer times when you're pushed for time.

leeroy where did you ski axams? Havent been there since I was 7 lol.

reckon a week trip would be the most sensible option personally Im happy for cheap and cheerful but Id say either the skiwelt or soldeu as suggestions as there both good well balanced areas and not too dear. Most of france is expensive once your there but if there quite a few of us france does become a bit cheaper etc in terms of accomodation.

:thumbs: Great video adn well edited too.

I've been looking to get one for a while, but need to save some pennies.

Off to Val Thorens in just over a week and a half, so probably get one for next years trip.

Nice looking skis, are they kung Fujas?

leeroy where did you ski axams? Havent been there since I was 7 lol.

We stayed in Igls, near Innsbruck and explored the nearby Patscherkofel ski area. We went up for a day on the Stubai Glacier too which was awesome.

Looking forward to checking Soll out in a couple of weeks :thumbs:

:thumbs: Great video adn well edited too.

I've been looking to get one for a while, but need to save some pennies.

Off to Val Thorens in just over a week and a half, so probably get one for next years trip.

Yeah mate there K2 Kung Fujas 189cm beasts! Still learning with them as my last skis were 178cm so these feel HUGE!

link to a site selling all Go pro stuff;http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/GoPro_Hero_Range

I buy my stuff from the US as I travel to the US on business quite often.

If it is a little cheaper, you get a better deal then can you give me a heads up when you are going next. Had a look on Ebay and £225 seems to be price but the go pro seems to have a couple of different names ie motorsport, outdoors ect..... :wacko: what model to pick.

cheers

Different models just denotes what mounts it comes with. I think they have a "naked" which comes without mounts, theres "motorsport" which has mounts for the car, "outdoors" has helmet mounts and "surf" has a suction mount for the board.

Yeah mate there K2 Kung Fujas 189cm beasts! Still learning with them as my last skis were 178cm so these feel HUGE!

Wow they are huge!!

I'm on 174 Line Prophet 90's.

But have been tempted by something wider and with some rocker/early rise.

May have to test a pair or two out on this years trip.