Newbie with a question

Rscut

Evening all! I am in the process of buying a 350z. I have agreed in principle to buy a car on Saturday but just wanted some advise before I hand over my hard earned cash. The car I have looked at is as follows;

2005(54) 350z Gt in red, rays wheels, 2 previous owners, full service history (not Nissan), 38k, tax 05.12, mot 11.12, 10 month rac cover, new pads (all round) and rear tires. The car has a toyosports cat back and a jwt pop charger.

Car looked and drove really well and I have agreed a fee of £8100 for the car. Does this sound about right? I'm in no push so I'm wanting a nice one and you don't see many red ones.

Reg is [mod edit: No reg numbers please. Lexx]

Cheers

Ryan

I'd say that is a pretty good price :thumbs:

+1

not many red cars about at good prices.

Toyosports exhaust is a budget system but a few people have them with no complaints once fitted. Sounds like it has standardised items of cars which have been on here. The jwt popcharger is very popular for noise.

If you can find out previous owners names etc have a search up top right and it might throw some stuff up about them.

All in all it sounds like a good price.

Jesus you guys are quick! I'm going to like it on here!

I'm probably being really dumb but how would I find the history. I know the reg and the guy I'm buying it from a performance garage in Nottingham. He will put the standard exhaust on and give me the car for 8k but not sure on the condition as it will be 7 years old

What are your opinions on the colour red on the zed?

Last question on this (2 actually!) the guy selling the car reckons the car is closer to 300bhp as its a 2005 engine. Is this true? It said 276bhp on insurance site. Also, the guy has outstanding finance worth more than the car. What's the best way to deal with this?

Cheers

You'll probably find it isn't running anywhere near 276 especially with mods and no remap.

These cars don't like mods without a retune. There's only 3 places in uk who can tune these cars.

The only way to find out is to have it dyno'd

Welcome to the forum :)

I personally like the Red ones. :thumbs:

Also, the guy has outstanding finance worth more than the car. What's the best way to deal with this?

Hmm, tricky. He needs to clear the finance and show you the documentation before you hand over any money. You should speak to the seller and see what he proposes first though.

Pete

Welcome to the forum :)

I personally like the Red ones. :thumbs:

Also, the guy has outstanding finance worth more than the car. What's the best way to deal with this?

Hmm, tricky. He needs to clear the finance and show you the documentation before you hand over any money. You should speak to the seller and see what he proposes first though.

Pete

What the guy suggested is that i give him the money and then he will pay it off.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm no!

I thought maybe if we both pay the finance company together at the same time or he puts the extra money in my account and i pay it all off. There is no way i am handing over 8k on trust alone!

Im in Leeds and believe there is a remap company nearby? How much does it cost?

Cheers

I thought maybe if we both pay the finance company together at the same time or he puts the extra money in my account and i pay it all off. There is no way i am handing over 8k on trust alone!

Either of those options should be O.K. How much negative equity is there on the car?

Pete

Either of those options should be O.K. How much negative equity is there on the car?

Pete

He has 800quid outstanding.I think i just need to pay the finance company my 8k and he pays the 800 at the same time.

You said your buying from a performance garage. Surely a garage shouldn't have negative equity sitting on a car in there possession ?

The performance garage was in reference to where the guy i am buying the car off bought the car from. Its a private sale.

Find out who the finance is outstanding with.

Some finance companies allow another person to pay of outstanding finance.

So you pay it off over the phone in the guys presence and pay him the difference in cash.

Once done, you get the keys and drive away.

If the car is in good condition, then £8100 is a good price for that car. The old OEM exhaust is gonna be of no use to him, so you should get him to throw that in for the price.

Your going to laugh at this, but check the front wiper arms, not the blades. They are aluminium and have a tendency to rust, yes aluminium does rust but its called oxydisation. They are very difficult to obtain through dealers who will charge huge amounts if you can get them and I couldn't, so you will have to clean them up yourself. Not a problem to do, but by God they look rough as a badgers arse without a respray.Seems to be a inherit issue with Z's,

Jeff