Can an exhaust be too LOUD! I think my combo is.

notfub

Well after removing the standard system and cats and replacing with a 2nd hand DC Sports + Berks HFC combo, I was shocked at how LOUD! the difference was. :scare:

The DC sports system uses a duel pipe system (no y pipe) from the berks back to the DC Back box. The Back box has two inlets so I'm not sure if it's a full duel but bugger me it's loud. Now I'm 42 and I've done the loud exhaust thing back in the day and this combo verges into chav territory it's that loud. Now don't get me wrong, the combo certainly let's the motor sing but it may be a little bit too Sid Vicious and not Pavorotti so to speak ;)

Will the Berks get a little quieter when they soot up? If not, I'm thinking I should get some new mid pipes made up with extra silencers (the DC sports system has no silencers at all - should have sussed out it would be loud eh). Or, remove and sell on the DC Sports and get a Miltek instead.

Anyone else surprised with the change from a standard system and what did you do if you...well....thought it was too loud?

No bungs with the system I bought....hmmmm, certainly needs them though. Ah well, got to see the funny side of things even if it makes me deaf.

Might be worth trying to get some bungs if you can fit them. There are normally some holes in the tail pipe if you can :thumbs:

If you do want to take it off, you will probably not have any issues selling it on here :thumbs:

You should be able to contact any DC dealer in the UK and get the bungs supplied :thumbs:

I think Tarmac is a dealer actually, or maybe it was Mitz at CS.

Drop them both a PM and go from there :thumbs:

Thanks for the tip Lexx :thumbs:

There are normally some holes in the tail pipe if you can :thumbs:

If you do want to take it off, you will probably not have any issues selling it on here :thumbs:

Yes, there are small holes at the base of both tailpipes :D Time to start PM'ing.

HI BUFTON, HOWS IT GOING :lol:

DC is not a brand I deal in, I can recommend the Invidia Gemini and Berks combo if you want it a bit more refined.

All I will say is I had a loud set up and it did end up doing my head in after a while :surrender:

Hello Chris, hope that's a sympathetic laugh mate ;) Thanks for supplying the Berks by the way, quality bit of kit to be fair :teeth:

Would bungs sap the power (as well as the noise)?

This morning's commute from South Wales to Swindon was interesting. On cruise, the sound was fine but even just a slight prod on the throttle and there was some droning coming into the cabin.

Sounds like I'm driving a 12 litre V16 :lol:

You should swing by Swansea docks some time and let me have a listen. I'll soon tell you if it's too loud or not :lol:

You're a hooligan though..... I remember when you had that run in with that police orrifice about your exhaust! :lol::lol::lol:

You should swing by Swansea docks some time and let me have a listen. I'll soon tell you if it's too loud or not :lol:

You're a hooligan though..... I remember when you had that run in with that police orrifice about your exhaust! :lol::lol::lol:

:blush:

Big Phil never let me forget that! He referred to me as "Chav" everytime I walked into ESR! :lol:

Of course exhausts can be "too loud" although its very much down to personal preference and how understanding your neighbours are.

I remember having a straight through exhaust on a mini I had once and a work colleague followed me into work one day. She complained that my car was so loud she couldnt hear her stereo in her car behind me!

My zed is rudely loud atm with its K1. Im still considering swapping it out for a scorpian system. It would be fine just for w/end use, but when im doing 90mile comute every day its a bit too much.

Of course exhausts can be "too loud" although its very much down to personal preference and how understanding your neighbours are.

I remember having a straight through exhaust on a mini I had once and a work colleague followed me into work one day. She complained that my car was so loud she couldnt hear her stereo in her car behind me!

My zed is rudely loud atm with its K1. Im still considering swapping it out for a scorpian system. It would be fine just for w/end use, but when im doing 90mile comute every day its a bit too much.

I find that the K1 with bungs in it is a lot more manageable. I suppose the roadster will be louder though anyway.

I do tend to leave them out but then my commute doesn't involve anything over 40mph, they always go in if I'm going onto a motorway.

I find that the K1 with bungs in it is a lot more manageable. I suppose the roadster will be louder though anyway.

I do tend to leave them out but then my commute doesn't involve anything over 40mph, they always go in if I'm going onto a motorway.

Ive never taken them out yet. The db inside the car is 110db with the roof up. But the roadster has nearly zero sound deadening in the roof - if im parked up I can hear people talking as they walk past.

Still, good fun when you boot it. It never fails to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. The sheer sound is incredible.

Update

Well I bought some 4 inch bungs but they are slightly too large for the 4 inch pipes on the DC :rant: Didn't fit.

So, I've been to see an exhaust fabrication company, Pro-speed exhausts in Cardiff, and they will be fabricating a new mid section for me, with resonator/baffe/silencer in there. Charlie the owner said it would remove the drone I currently get and give a more pleasing sound (for my delicate ears ;) ). Bonus is that I will still have the original pipes so that if I do fancy a change in the future, I can sell the DC with both original and/or extra pipes. :thumbs:

My car is booked in on 14th Feb so bear with me and pics etc will follow. :)