£3000

taffyjason

thanks guys, all advice appreciated,

My present course is to get the basics sorted, then looking at FI, i think Supercharger as i'd like instant power, my best friend has a Supra with 20k of mods and is running at 550bhp, .....im not trying to match him, but just to be able to have loads of in-gear power, i do like the power and sound i have now, but it somtimes takes a few cog drops to match a bloody TDi ...which have surprising in gear whoomph,

The only basics you need to sort are big bollocks and big brakes. :thumbs:

If you are prepared to drive on the limit, you'll be able to keep up with most of the M3s, 911s, Caymans. You might even catch up with £40k GT2s and overtake a 370Z..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f222otgpbw&list=UU4DDF1Q6InWXkVKscz1ij7w&index=2&feature=plcp

Have a look at below to see what you're going to get for your money. My car has had £2k spent on it to get 30 extra horses. Keyser's car at the time was nearer £10k spent on it to get 350hp ish (Chris, correct me if I'm wrong)

Pick what you prefer.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm01EKqxanc&feature=related

No hes absolutley spot on :)

This comes back to what Neil was saying about drivers and in this case I think fair to say track knowledge.

Captain was quicker than me in an N/A Zed V my S/C Zed

I won't even try to justify it by saying it was my first time on track in my new (to me) Zed and only my 2nd time at Castle Coomb (OK I will then :lol:)

But I will also say given that Captain's is also an auto :scare: hes flipin quick!

Re match this summer mate ?

(I won't post the vid of me passing you ;) )

Looking forward to it bud.............. :teeth: I think you might have to be gentle with me this time. The old lady is close to retirement............ :byebye:

Post away with your vid. Not sure I've seen it :lol::lol::lol:

I will be there for this too, well see how chris's 500hp(ish) will stand against my 400 and very lightened car lol :thumbs:

Looking forward to it bud.............. :teeth: I think you might have to be gentle with me this time. The old lady is close to retirement............ :byebye:

Yes but hows the Zed :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmL96bx2RoI

4 mins and 4 secs in :thumbs

I will be there for this too, well see how chris's 500hp(ish) will stand against my 400 and very lightened car lol :thumbs:

O No another :boxing: coming :lol

Be a great day out though :thumbs:

reminder - wmpty Niels NOS tank and borrow his CF Boot :ninja:

Having seen how "well" the Japspeed exhausts fit, I sure as hell wouldn't trust their headers :scare:

their not that bad, but if your going through the expensive of getting them fitted just get better ones. If fitting yourself then japspeed or the likes will be fine. You will notice though they cheaper ones arent ceramic finished usually stainless or chrome. The insides of the cheaper ones are more rough at welds and joins. They dont feel like they will fall apart but the more expensive ones are nicer and smoother. You cant use OEM heat sheilds. It makes no real difference to the sound of your exhaust. :thumbs:

ok plan is, headers from japspeed unless anyone suggests better

then Be(unless anyone suggests better )

then Rev-up

plus new head unit cos skipping stock unit ruins everthing

First off, buy the best brakes you can afford. £1k should do it. Then, if you get faster than the brakes, make the car faster.

Having seen how "well" the Japspeed exhausts fit, I sure as hell wouldn't trust their headers :scare:

i wouldn't be putting any money japspeeds way, just on their customer service alone, and seeing the fitment of their exhaust i don't want to have to take the engine out again to fix a blown weld.

as for competing with M3's etc if it floats your boat then crack on, but you could end up spending a lot of money to create something faster and end up with a car that you either don't like or don't enjoy because you've changed it from what it was originally aimed for. the zed is after all a GT cruiser not an out and out track weapon (it can be turned in to a capable machine but lots of £ needs to be spent to do it.)

as has been said before driving ability counts for a lot if someone knows a set of back roads well they can often demolish someone following who doesn;t.

if your going to do it, go FI, if your going for headers, don't go japspeed, or save your money have a holiday and enjoy the zed for what it is.

i bought this to deal with most things

Jfinish9.jpg

with the supercharged V8 in a straight line there isn't alot that tends to bother me, and if i felt it wasn't quicker enough i could boost the power from 370 to 450-500 for about 2 grand. its no lotus in the corners but for sheer straight line pulling its hilariously good fun. and before anyone pipes up its now running on all 8 cylinders with new cam gaskets fitted its not even leaking oil anymore either :lol:

I think this thread has more of Ricey's pointless questions than any I have seen for a while :snack:

For once I agree with you :surrender:

Please dont bother doing cheap headers, I mean what is the point, really?! The make next to no difference on NA engine and if you go FI, they may well just blow apart :scare:

If you want to be hassling M3's then seriously you need to be trading in for one, or just be a better drive than the M3 you're trying to take on. The Zed has a very torquey engine, which is great as you can cruise at low revs, but if you want quick acceleration you need to be well up the rev range in anticipation.

M3's only use a 3.4, i have a 3.5 why isnt it better? lol....bloody french engines :D if only it had a VTEC type arrangement, that would stuff those M3's

The VQ isnt a french engine. The M3 is a 3.2. It produces more power than the NISSAN VQ35DE/HR because it runs individual throttle bodies compared to the VQ's 1 or 2, Vanos system and a higher compression ratio, amongst other things.

Hope this helps

If the aim is just to beat M3's in a straight line on motorways (however childish it is to me personally),

Just install nitrous and be done with it, then you could destroy at a flick of a switch and feel so much more like Brian O'Connor.

And get a buddy to sit next to you and say "Smoke 'Em".

Just saying you know, why do you feel like you have to beat them?

Why feel bad when they "beat" you?

Do you know them personally?

Does it matter that much?

Does it take away from the enjoyment of the Zed?

with the supercharged V8 in a straight line there isn't alot that tends to bother me

:wave:;)

I had no idea this thread had turned into a "I want my car to be quicker than an M3 innit" type of thread else I'd have been here pages ago, we haven't had one for ages and I do enjoy them so very much :evil:

As has already been said though, enjoy the Zed for what it is and don't try and make it into something it isn't as you'll end up disappointed. It's a cracking car that deserves to stand on its own two feet :thumbs: