Interior LEDs & Dials

spursmaddave

I don't mind the Tango effect to be honest but uf anyone had any idea of the bulb codes and where each one was would like to give this a try ;)

Its not quite as simple as just changing a few bulbs Im afraid, they are all surface mount led's , and its a lot of soldering, swearing and risk of damage to circuit boards before its done.

This thread gives some of the details, in addition to the LED's you also probably want the gauge faces that are from Blackcatcustoms

Im currently in discussion with Simon at EssentialMini who have been doing this kind of modification to Minis for several years, including the BlackCatCustom gauge faces, about trying this on a Z :thumbs: .

I don't mind the Tango effect to be honest but uf anyone had any idea of the bulb codes and where each one was would like to give this a try ;)

Its not quite as simple as just changing a few bulbs Im afraid, they are all surface mound led's , and its a lot of soldering, swearing and risk of damage to circuit boards before its done.

This thread gives some of the details, in addition to the LED's you also probably want the gauge faces that are from Blackcatcustoms

Blimey didn't know it was THAT involved! Looks good but I'll stick with the tango effect :)

• 2 months later...

They look spot on mate B) .

Would know a couple more zeds that would look great with a set of custom dials like that. ;)

What was the cost of doing it?

And you cant beat abit of manlove :lol:

The guy that did it John, charged me £350 which included the dial faces and all LED's etc.

I went to his place and it took all day from quite early to quite late :yawn: That was with me helping where I could i.e. taking apart the interior of my Zed.

To be honest John valued his time very cheaply, to get it done somewhere on a professional level I think you would be talking about a fair bit more. To my knowledge he only did his own Zed and mine although I am sure a couple of other members on here have done their own, it is not that big a job if you know what you are doing with a soldering iron but some of the LEDs particularly in places like the heated seat switches are very very small :surrender:

It is by far my favourite MOD to my Zed, it is something you just take for granted but believe me when you get back into a standard one it is a sea of orange :yuck: it makes the car interior look very dated imo :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...