'Hose about that then?'

Squee

Sorry for the crap post title - can you tell I used to write newspaper headlines hahaha?!?

Anyway, I'm after a good quality anti-kink hosepipe as my Zed is so mucky it's a disgrace (I try telling people it's a new kind of vinyl wrap but people don't believe me!) as my stnadrd garden hose has perished over the winter even though it's been really mild. Also I don't have the patience to un-kink it every two minutes when I'm cleaning the car.

I've seen Hozelock do a 'flexi pro' range which looks pretty good - any other recommendations?

S.

Sorry for the crap post title - can you tell I used to write newspaper headlines hahaha?!?

Anyway, I'm after a good quality anti-kink hosepipe as my Zed is so mucky it's a disgrace (I try telling people it's a new kind of vinyl wrap but people don't believe me!) as my stnadrd garden hose has perished over the winter even though it's been really mild. Also I don't have the patience to un-kink it every two minutes when I'm cleaning the car.

I've seen Hozelock do a 'flexi pro' range which looks pretty good - any other recommendations?

S.

I was given a wall mounted Hozelock reel as a birthday present about 8 years ago - and it's absolutely great.

Ready whenever you want it, none of this messing about rummaging in the shed - pull the nozzle to where you need it, turn the water on (It's best if you have an outside tap, put a hozelock connector on that) and away you go.

post-5330-135011917196_thumb.jpg

It's come with me when I moved about 6 years ago, and I'd hate to be without it, now.

It may seem a tad expensive, but the convenience of washing the car whenever you need with no hassle - worth every penny.

Linky for amazon shop:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-40-Wal ... 364&sr=8-1

I was given a wall mounted Hozelock reel as a birthday present about 8 years ago - and it's absolutely great.

Ready whenever you want it, none of this messing about rummaging in the shed - pull the nozzle to where you need it, turn the water on (It's best if you have an outside tap, put a hozelock connector on that) and away you go.

[attachment=0]Hozelock reel.jpg[/attachment]

It's come with me when I moved about 6 years ago, and I'd hate to be without it, now.

It may seem a tad expensive, but the convenience of washing the car whenever you need with no hassle - worth every penny.

Linky for amazon shop:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-40-Wal ... 364&sr=8-1

Cheers for the replies - sounds like the Hozelock owners are pretty impressed so perhaps I'll give one of them bad boys a go :thumbs:

I can't be doing with cack hoses.... the poor old Zed hasn't been bathed sinced September after I had a temper tantrum with a kinky hose (ohh err!) and is really looking pretty grim now!

S.

Cheers for the replies - sounds like the Hozelock owners are pretty impressed so perhaps I'll give one of them bad boys a go :thumbs:

I can't be doing with cack hoses.... the poor old Zed hasn't been bathed sinced September after I had a temper tantrum with a kinky hose (ohh err!) and is really looking pretty grim now!

S.

• 2 months later...

I don't know about where you are but we're on a hosepipe ban from 5 April

Bit of a bugger that, having recently treated myself to 30metres of Hoselock flexipro @ £40 from B & Q - but have to say this grey with 4 yellow edges hose does 'as it says on the can' and simply will not kink :thumbs:

you can still use a pressure washer, just have a short section of hose that goes into a bucket. pressure washer will pull from the bucket instead.

or be really cheeky and just fill a wheelie bin with water and plonk the hose in that.

Or wash from a commercial premises like I'm going to do :D

Take car to work, use as much hosepipe as I want, sorted. Best bit is that I can still wash the truck at home with a hose as it's not a privately owned vehicle, so you can all keep cleaning your company cars as much as you like.