350z vs s2000

k9l3

Hi all i looking at getting a s2000 or 350z maybe i also like the z4 3.0i but its not japanese and would like to still goto the jap shows especially as my dad still has his gto. i changing from a supra so i know none of these cars will compare in performance even mine was standard.

but i like all 3 but only driven a 2006 350z which didnt excite me too much but was very nice

to drive i must say. so i know most will be biased on here agaist the others but would like to

see what people think or if have driven all 3.

what is the most reliable and best performance? Please

photo0338k.jpg

photo0380s.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all i looking at getting a s2000 or 350z maybe i also like the z4 3.0i but its not japanese and would like to still goto the jap shows especially as my dad still has his gto. i changing from a supra so i know none of these cars will compare in performance even mine was standard.

but i like all 3 but only driven a 2006 350z which didnt excite me too much but was very nice

to drive i must say. so i know most will be biased on here agaist the others but would like to

see what people think or if have driven all 3.

what is the most reliable and best performance? Please

photo0338k.jpg

photo0380s.jpg

In a slightly more helpful post, if you didn't get excited by driving the 350Z I suspect that it's not the car for you. Nothing wrong with that, but any debate over the merits of said Zed against an S2000 and a Z4 is going to be a bit pointless if you don't get excited by one.

In short, all great cars, but I'd pick the Zed over the others for the handling, the S2K over the others for the screaming engine, and the Z4 if I didn't want people to think I was a chav.

In a slightly more helpful post, if you didn't get excited by driving the 350Z I suspect that it's not the car for you. Nothing wrong with that, but any debate over the merits of said Zed against an S2000 and a Z4 is going to be a bit pointless if you don't get excited by one.

In short, all great cars, but I'd pick the Zed over the others for the handling, the S2K over the others for the screaming engine, and the Z4 if I didn't want people to think I was a chav.

i have owned both the 350Z first and then swapped it in for an S2000

in short i much preffered the S2000 to drive,

both are good cars, but i found my self smiling more in the S2k but in the 350Z i had to push extremely hard to find any enjoyment in it.

but its horses for courses, whats good for me might be pants for someoen else. both are very different car, one is more torquey than the other, but one is lighter than the other. they are both compromises, but for different aspects, so it depends on what you're looking for.

both can be had quiet cheaply now, and both are good cars.

try them both and see what you like.

i have owned both the 350Z first and then swapped it in for an S2000

in short i much preffered the S2000 to drive,

both are good cars, but i found my self smiling more in the S2k but in the 350Z i had to push extremely hard to find any enjoyment in it.

but its horses for courses, whats good for me might be pants for someoen else. both are very different car, one is more torquey than the other, but one is lighter than the other. they are both compromises, but for different aspects, so it depends on what you're looking for.

both can be had quiet cheaply now, and both are good cars.

try them both and see what you like.

Depends what your view on exciting is - if its performance then all three will not compare to the Supra.

I think the 350z stands out a bit more than the others, certainly not as common as a Z4. It was a toss up between the s2000 and Zed for me but the s2000 well, looks a bit, girly. 350z is all flared arches and aggression, I quite liked the look of it really. :thumbs:

Depends what your view on exciting is - if its performance then all three will not compare to the Supra.

I think the 350z stands out a bit more than the others, certainly not as common as a Z4. It was a toss up between the s2000 and Zed for me but the s2000 well, looks a bit, girly. 350z is all flared arches and aggression, I quite liked the look of it really. :thumbs:

You calling us chavs? Goldies arent exempt from bans you know :p:lol:

I'd go drive an S2K and BMW and see which you prefer. The Zed has very linear torque which feels very odd and can be very deceptive of how fast you are really going. It only really gets exciting in the twisties. If you want that straight line excitement, you need something with a turbo, not a whopping great NA engine. I'd say the S2K is likely to be more exciting, but not as good as a day to day car, from my experience of them anyway. BMW will handle like cack if its on runflats so make sure you try one without them.

At the end of the day all 3 are good at different things so it depends what you want really.

You calling us chavs? Goldies arent exempt from bans you know :p:lol:

I'd go drive an S2K and BMW and see which you prefer. The Zed has very linear torque which feels very odd and can be very deceptive of how fast you are really going. It only really gets exciting in the twisties. If you want that straight line excitement, you need something with a turbo, not a whopping great NA engine. I'd say the S2K is likely to be more exciting, but not as good as a day to day car, from my experience of them anyway. BMW will handle like cack if its on runflats so make sure you try one without them.

At the end of the day all 3 are good at different things so it depends what you want really.

Apples , pears and Sausage roll comparison comes to mind! :) Welcome to the club btw :thumbs:

They are all good in their own way, personally (although I have never driven one) the BMW is probably a superb car on all fronts but for me ...... anything with a BMW badge and I just cant help but... :yawn:

Why not throw the RX8 in the mix also (here we go !) 4 seats, boot and you get the high reving fun of the the S2000.

The Zed is more a lazy mans sporting carriage , it just does everything well with no drama until you look at the speedo then realise you might be doing more than toddling!! Try the later 2007 engine also to compare although I think the early engine is much more revvy (technical term)

I will go back under my stone now. :blush:

Apples , pears and Sausage roll comparison comes to mind! :) Welcome to the club btw :thumbs:

They are all good in their own way, personally (although I have never driven one) the BMW is probably a superb car on all fronts but for me ...... anything with a BMW badge and I just cant help but... :yawn:

Why not throw the RX8 in the mix also (here we go !) 4 seats, boot and you get the high reving fun of the the S2000.

The Zed is more a lazy mans sporting carriage , it just does everything well with no drama until you look at the speedo then realise you might be doing more than toddling!! Try the later 2007 engine also to compare although I think the early engine is much more revvy (technical term)

I will go back under my stone now. :blush:

Owned both and had a Supra TT as well. To be honest I found the Supra is as dull as dishwater, yes it was quick but it didn't feel involved in anyway shape for form to me.

The S2000 is absolutely fabulous, I loved mine and sold it only because I was relocating south and needed extra cash for a bit, I would have another tomorrow. Pro's over the Z - cheaper to run, better mpg, cheaper servicing, lovely 9.5k red line, amazing gearbox. Cons - Noisier, not much torque if you're not in the mood to boot it and can catch you out in the wet if you're not concentrating.

The 350z, is also fabulous and more refined than the S2000, in my opinion it handles nowhere near as well due to the weight, but its more civilised, the engine and gearbox beautiful. Pro's - smooth power, lots of torque, quieter, more sophisticated, more lazy. Cons - none for me but mpg is less (well its a 3.5 V6)

If I could afford both, I would have both. If you're going to track a lot it then for me, the S2000 is the car, if only doing the occasional one and you need a bit more boot room at the back then 350 just edges it.

With either motor, you'll have a great car!