350z vs s2000

k9l3

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the sounds of all that (bar the rear seats) you should have got a 370z Rich :p:lol:

nah i love my V8

i love my super charger

i love my auto tinting wing mirrors

i love my huge sofa arm chair seats

i love my adaptaive cuise control

i love my big 20" bbs split rim wheels

i love my giant 6 pot brembos and 355mm discs

i love my big boot

i love my badge

and all those things more than make up for the fact i have to replace the odd thing here and there :lol:

By the sounds of all that (bar the rear seats) you should have got a 370z Rich :p:lol:

nah i love my V8

i love my super charger

i love my auto tinting wing mirrors

i love my huge sofa arm chair seats

i love my adaptaive cuise control

i love my big 20" bbs split rim wheels

i love my giant 6 pot brembos and 355mm discs

i love my big boot

i love my badge

and all those things more than make up for the fact i have to replace the odd thing here and there :lol:

yeh you sound like some good guys the rx8 people when i went on there where aload of idiots, s2k worse on fuel then a manaro hmmm you sure you not drunk :) i think your wrong there mate thats just silly iknow if you rag the car its going to drink bad but normal driving has to be pretty good.

and as stated above with the s2k being a soft top that is also a added bonus as i know in the summer its lovely having a convertible.

yeh you sound like some good guys the rx8 people when i went on there where aload of idiots, s2k worse on fuel then a manaro hmmm you sure you not drunk :) i think your wrong there mate thats just silly iknow if you rag the car its going to drink bad but normal driving has to be pretty good.

and as stated above with the s2k being a soft top that is also a added bonus as i know in the summer its lovely having a convertible.

I heard recently that it is a 13 hour job to change the clutch on a S2k - if that is right it would be something to carefully check before buying one given what that would cost if not a DIY :scare:

I enjoyed a S2k test drive a few years back before I bought my first 350. But the mag testers who I respected at the time were all saying the 350 was THE choice and to get the best out of a 350 required bigger balls, something I had to see if I had :lol:

3 ZEDs later and I still have these :D when I get out on my favourite roads.

I heard recently that it is a 13 hour job to change the clutch on a S2k - if that is right it would be something to carefully check before buying one given what that would cost if not a DIY :scare:

I enjoyed a S2k test drive a few years back before I bought my first 350. But the mag testers who I respected at the time were all saying the 350 was THE choice and to get the best out of a 350 required bigger balls, something I had to see if I had :lol:

the S2k didn't seem to eat clutches like the zed does, having been on the S2k forum for a while there aren't many stories of having to replace the clutch. so i doubt its a 13 hour job. plpus the engine bay is quiet spacious, and everything very accessible on the underside of the car. should be about a 4 hour job

as for bigger balls to drive the zed i found it quiet forgiving, but the S2k is very balanced and communicative on the limit. but it seems to have a reputation as a widow maker because it has no TCS as standard where the Zed does.

it probably eaiser to light the zed wheels up becuase of the extra torque

the S2k didn't seem to eat clutches like the zed does, having been on the S2k forum for a while there aren't many stories of having to replace the clutch. so i doubt its a 13 hour job. plpus the engine bay is quiet spacious, and everything very accessible on the underside of the car. should be about a 4 hour job

as for bigger balls to drive the zed i found it quiet forgiving, but the S2k is very balanced and communicative on the limit. but it seems to have a reputation as a widow maker because it has no TCS as standard where the Zed does.

it probably eaiser to light the zed wheels up becuase of the extra torque

You'll find the S2k doesnt eat cluches as to eat a clutch you need some torque. S2k will have next to no low down torque where as the Zed does, so it transmits less power on takeoff than the Zed through the transmission ;)

you can eat a clutch through poor clutch control and riding the bite too much as well.

but seein ghow many zed clutches have had to be changed i don't think nissan put the best product in on launch. the zed gearbox is good and will happily cope with about 400 bhp, but the clutch is the weak link in the chain.

You'll find the S2k doesnt eat cluches as to eat a clutch you need some torque. S2k will have next to no low down torque where as the Zed does, so it transmits less power on takeoff than the Zed through the transmission ;)

you can eat a clutch through poor clutch control and riding the bite too much as well.

but seein ghow many zed clutches have had to be changed i don't think nissan put the best product in on launch. the zed gearbox is good and will happily cope with about 400 bhp, but the clutch is the weak link in the chain.

Yes but poor clutch control with sod all torque and it wont really eat it, just overheat it - look at granny mobiles. To really eat it you need torque (thus power) and poor clutch control - and in the S2k the power doesnt come in until high revs due to the low torque so you'll find you can ride them more and do less damage ;)

Yes but poor clutch control with sod all torque and it wont really eat it, just overheat it - look at granny mobiles. To really eat it you need torque (thus power) and poor clutch control - and in the S2k the power doesnt come in until high revs due to the low torque so you'll find you can ride them more and do less damage ;)

i don't disagree chris, but the zed isn't the highest torque car ever but it still destroys clutches.

there are other cars V8 V12 W16 all with more torque that aren't as destructive to clutches as the zed is.

once people fit the better after market clutches they are fine.

the biggest issue is not The torque that the zed puts out but the inferior clutch they fitted in the factory.

i don't disagree chris, but the zed isn't the highest torque car ever but it still destroys clutches.

there are other cars V8 V12 W16 all with more torque that aren't as destructive to clutches as the zed is.

once people fit the better after market clutches they are fine.

the biggest issue is not The torque that the zed puts out but the inferior clutch they fitted in the factory.

Sorry misread what you were saying. Yes it is the poor clutch too. I get the impression that quite a few bits of the Zed are built for the power/torque it has with no overhead. So if you dont drive it properly you can quickly wear things out :surrender:

Sorry misread what you were saying. Yes it is the poor clutch too. I get the impression that quite a few bits of the Zed are built for the power/torque it has with no overhead. So if you dont drive it properly you can quickly wear things out :surrender:

thats the issue with the nissan sports stuff is that they built a good car, but because of the badge they can only sell at a certain price, so in order to build it they've had to compromise on certain things in order to achieve it for its price of sale.

and its this concern that worries me about the GTR

thats the issue with the nissan sports stuff is that they built a good car, but because of the badge they can only sell at a certain price, so in order to build it they've had to compromise on certain things in order to achieve it for its price of sale.

and its this concern that worries me about the GTR