WALES 2012 DISCUSS + *OFFICIAL LIST on P1*

Ebized

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to agree with everything ian wrote and i definitely encourage all those who have that weekend free to come along its great fun.

I bought my zed 1 and a half years ago and soon after joined the autumn welsh run. It tipped down for most of it but i had a great weekend. Met lots of other zed owners and we have stayed in touch through the forum or at local meets.

Wales was just the start, the following may i went along to the next welsh run (lots of sun this time so it was roof down and wind through my hair time, and time to work on the tan:) )Even brought my dad along and we were both made very welcome. Great company, great roads and an excellent social weekend. From meeting members at events like this ive since been off to the ring (cheers bennet) to brands hatch, off to scotland, activity days, detailing workshops and loads of local meets

Owning a zed is a lot of fun but its only a part of the whole zed experience, the community here is a big part of it. So much so that ive had the chance and thought to upgrade my zed now things are going well but a big part of me doesnt want to as i know it means i will miss out on things like this.

I say sign up, come along, make some new friends and see what roads it takes you on. I have and never looked back.

I have to agree with everything ian wrote and i definitely encourage all those who have that weekend free to come along its great fun.

I bought my zed 1 and a half years ago and soon after joined the autumn welsh run. It tipped down for most of it but i had a great weekend. Met lots of other zed owners and we have stayed in touch through the forum or at local meets.

Wales was just the start, the following may i went along to the next welsh run (lots of sun this time so it was roof down and wind through my hair time, and time to work on the tan:) )Even brought my dad along and we were both made very welcome. Great company, great roads and an excellent social weekend. From meeting members at events like this ive since been off to the ring (cheers bennet) to brands hatch, off to scotland, activity days, detailing workshops and loads of local meets

Owning a zed is a lot of fun but its only a part of the whole zed experience, the community here is a big part of it. So much so that ive had the chance and thought to upgrade my zed now things are going well but a big part of me doesnt want to as i know it means i will miss out on things like this.

I say sign up, come along, make some new friends and see what roads it takes you on. I have and never looked back.

Really encouraging to read so many postive comments about how good these yearly big events are. Will be seeing my other half in middle of week to confirm if this is a green light for both of us as Im an eager beaver to attend this one. Done a couple of meets so far which has been a pleasure and a joy meeting some folks but a whole weekend away with a whole bunch of strangers is something that we are both a little bit unsure of so to speak.

^^^^ that's what I thought first time, but you blend in just like a normal meet and it's a great laugh. Just look out for me and Jayne and Darren and Steph at the bar and you'll be havin a whale of a time. If Beavis comes along just remember to be quiet in the evening ;) as he likes his beauty sleep.

Seriously it's a great weekend, hence the majority are staying Fri to Mon it's THAT good :thumbs:

a whole weekend away with a whole bunch of strangers is something that we are both a little bit unsure of so to speak.

Everyone attending any meet was a stranger to others once. :) I doubt you will be the only first timers at Wales. Not everyone knows each other and its a great way to make some new friends knowing you already have something in common.

The runs to Wales, Scotland and the other regional meets, shows and events are a great way to enjoy the zed. Im sure there will be people who attended for the first time last year that will have positive things to say :) Hope you can join us in May :)

Im honoured to count many of the people that Ive met thanks to this club over the last 6 years amongst my closest friends. :)

*sigh* I was going to give this one a go this year. Like with Japfest I can't commit, I start a new job at the end of this month and have no idea what my shift pattern will be until March/April time. It really does look like fun. Anyone thinking about going should just go for it!

....Really encouraging to read so many postive comments about how good these yearly big events are. Will be seeing my other half in middle of week to confirm if this is a green light for both of us as Im an eager beaver to attend this one. Done a couple of meets so far which has been a pleasure and a joy meeting some folks but a whole weekend away with a whole bunch of strangers is something that we are both a little bit unsure of so to speak.

Totally understand your reservation, it's just a natural reaction to something uncertain. :)

The better half and I attended our first meet in 2010, having been to a couple of the local meets in Bristol, we were equally unsure what to expect. All I can say is when we first got to Moreton and parked the car no sooner had we grabbed a drink and got outside to see 'what was what' that Neil (Lincolnbaggie) saw us said "Hello, nice Zed.. :) " and just started chatting away. It was so nice being made welcome straight away and it really helped us relax, sure the beer might have contributed as well mind :lol:

Once we'd checked in with Ebized and Beavis letting them know we had arrived the rest of the evening followed on in the same vein. Plenty of really nice people who were happy to gas and chat away, it was really friendly. I remember we nattered away with Shire and his better half for a good while, with James showing me round his car, and me being very envious of how shiney everything under his bonnet was.

Those first few hours really set the tempo and atmosphere for the rest of the weekend. Friendly company, a great opportunity to go up to people and say "How do you get this to work / What wheels are those / Can I change this?" etc. More than that though it was really nice to chat to whole load of people who were genuinly friendly and interested in not only your car but where you'd come from, what you did, where you'd been to, what you were looking forward to for the weekend and beyond, it was great.

Then came the roads, which I have to say really take some beating. The routes that Colin, Dave, Chris and others put together are something else. Perfect for enjoying the Zed in an environment it was meant to be driven in. You really will get to put your car through its paces and you will also see some of the most stunning scenery ever. Don't worry about it being some mad mass race with everyone going hell for leather like a mad bunch or petrol head fiends, it's not like that at all. Indeed that sort of attituide is actively discouraged, it's actually quite a relaxed affair.

If you go and don't enjoy it, at least you've given it a go. If you don't go however, how will you ever know how much fun it's going to be? :D

Strange, i thought i added myself to the list already. Ho hum, added now.

NAME & if with +1...DAYS ATTENDING.......NIGHTS BOOKED AT MORETON

1. Ebized+1.............sat & sun................18/19/20 May (Fri, Sat, Sun)

2. Wasso+1.............Sat & Sun ...............Fri, Sat, Sun

3. Maccaman...........(Sat & Sun)..............18/19/20 May

4. ChrisS+1..............Sat & sun...............staying at own 5* accommodation

5. Ken....................Sat & Sun...............18/19 May

6. Chesterfield+2......Sat & Sun...............18/19/20 May

7. glrnet+1..............sat & sun................18/19/20 May

8. Bockaaarck+1.......Sat & Sun...............18/19 May

9. JetSet...........}....Sat & Sun...............No accommodation needed

10. 350ZCaroline.}....Sat & Sun...............No accommodation and Sunday drive only

11. Will 350z+1 ........Sat & sun...............18/19/20 May

12. Blacky+ 1...........Sun.......................19th May

13. Andyvvc+1.........Sat & Sun...............18,19 and 20th May

14. Madmarky...........Sat & Sun ..............Fri, Sat, Sun

15. Lincolnbaggie.......Sat & Sun..............18/19/20 May

16. octet(+Leti)........Sat, Sun................18/19/20 May

17. choptop+1..........Sat & Sun...............Booking still to be confirmed

18. Darren-b.. .........Sat & sun................18/19/20 May

19. Shire350z........... Sat & Sun ............. 18/19/20 may

20. Ricey & Carla........Sat..................Chez Moi

21. M13KYF................Sat........................No Accom required

22. Marzman...............Sat........................No Accom required

23. ...

Don't think we will be making the trip this year, as we are hopefully going to have a nice big trip to Aus :yahoo:

Will hopefully make the Lakez meet as I have a sister in Newcastle so can combine that with a sibling visit and some sightseeing around the Lakez as not been before :thumbs:

Have fun one and all :drunk:

Don't think we will be making the trip this year, as we are hopefully going to have a nice big trip to Aus :yahoo:

Will hopefully make the Lakez meet as I have a sister in Newcastle so can combine that with a sibling visit and some sightseeing around the Lakez as not been before :thumbs:

:cry:

Noooooooooooooooo :(

Strange, i thought i added myself to the list already. Ho hum, added now.

NAME & if with +1...DAYS ATTENDING.......NIGHTS BOOKED AT MORETON

1. Ebized+1.............sat & sun................18/19/20 May (Fri, Sat, Sun)

2. Wasso+1.............Sat & Sun ...............Fri, Sat, Sun

3. Maccaman...........(Sat & Sun)..............18/19/20 May

4. ChrisS+1..............Sat & sun...............staying at own 5* accommodation

5. Ken....................Sat & Sun...............18/19 May

6. Chesterfield+2......Sat & Sun...............18/19/20 May

7. glrnet+1..............sat & sun................18/19/20 May

8. Bockaaarck+1.......Sat & Sun...............18/19 May

9. JetSet...........}....Sat & Sun...............No accommodation needed

10. 350ZCaroline.}....Sat & Sun...............No accommodation and Sunday drive only

11. Will 350z+1 ........Sat & sun...............18/19/20 May

12. Blacky+ 1...........Sun.......................19th May

13. Andyvvc+1.........Sat & Sun...............18,19 and 20th May

14. Madmarky...........Sat & Sun ..............Fri, Sat, Sun

15. Lincolnbaggie.......Sat & Sun..............18/19/20 May

16. octet(+Leti)........Sat, Sun................18/19/20 May

17. choptop+1..........Sat & Sun...............Booking still to be confirmed

18. Darren-b.. .........Sat & sun................18/19/20 May

19. Shire350z........... Sat & Sun ............. 18/19/20 may

20. Ricey & Carla........Sat..................Chez Moi

21. M13KYF................Sat........................No Accom required

22. Marzman...............Sat........................No Accom required

23. RC182+1...............Sat........................ 18/19, to be provionally booked tomorrow

24. ...

Green light :thumbs: Would of liked to of done both drives that weekend but needing to drive back home on that Sunday. Both looking forward to it :teeth:

Good stuff :thumbs:

We can't do the full drive on the Sunday I don't think. In the past there has been a 'stop off' halfway through the day and we've said cheerio to folks then and headed home.

The same provision will be available this year. ;)

Although we do recommend for anyone having a way to go home (and can get the time off from work on the Monday) to stay over on the Sunday night at Moreton to really finish off the weekend :drunk: whilst re-living the weekend highlights looking at the pics on a large screen etc :D

Good stuff :thumbs:

We can't do the full drive on the Sunday I don't think. In the past there has been a 'stop off' halfway through the day and we've said cheerio to folks then and headed home.

The same provision will be available this year. ;)

Although we do recommend for anyone having a way to go home (and can get the time off from work on the Monday) to stay over on the Sunday night at Moreton to really finish off the weekend :drunk: whilst re-living the weekend highlights looking at the pics on a large screen etc :D

Might double check with the better if she wants stay the extra evening on that Sunday if she is able to get time off on Monday. Im so easily persuaded when it involves a few extra :drunk::lol: If not then might do the half drive on the Sunday then drive back home.