Michelin Pilot Super Sports - Fitted

Jimmy P

After much deliberation (about 5 minutes :lol: ) I decided on the Pilot Super Sports all round. Having just completed a 200 mile journey I can state that they have completely transformed the feel of the Zed, to the point that they felt grippier and more composed in the wet (damp) today than the Bridgestone Potenzas did in the dry! Highly recommended! :)

Came 4th in the evo 2012 tyre test if anybody is looking for comparisons

Behind:

3- Goodyear Eagle F1A 2

2- Hankook Ventus S1

1 -Continental ContiSportContact 3

That was the Pilot Sport 3, not the Pilot Super Sport. The Super Sport would have won hands down I'm sure... :#1:

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree. End of November I put a set of Super Sports onto my newly-aquired 18" Rays and they are awesome.

I've been running Pilot Sport 2's on my M5 for three sets now, so I knew the Super Sports would suit me. I was previously running a set of Goodyear Eagle F1s (GS-D3s) on the 350Z and I'd say the Super Sports are slightly better, but it's close. Only shame is that due to the rounded profile the Michelins look quite small on the wheel, despite actually being a wider set (245 rears) than the much "squarer" Goodyears (which were on 17" JDM wheels and so 235 rears).

Unfortunately I am on my winter Kumhos now, which I will be glad of if it gets icy but are nowhere near as good as either of the above.

Ian

• 1 month later...

I happened to be in CostCo today and had some time to kill so wandered into the tyre dept to check a few prices. The Pilot Super Sports there were £248 inc VAT & fitting (225/45/18) each. Is that a good price?

S.

I happened to be in CostCo today and had some time to kill so wandered into the tyre dept to check a few prices. The Pilot Super Sports there were £248 inc VAT & fitting (225/45/18) each. Is that a good price?

S.

:scare:

A grand on tyres? Why buy a 350z and pay 911 consumables prices?!

S.

Where's Ekona...... :snack::lol:

S.

Why buy a 350Z when you can buy a Hyundai Getz?

S.

Why buy a 350Z when you can buy a Hyundai Getz?

:lol:

• 1 month later...

About £215 fitted at camskill, so no.

Not on their site anymore. But I just bought two for £229.33 each. Tesco-direct aka Blackcircles.

really good. running them on the rear of my z... MUCH better than the Potenza 50a's

I can't believe there are different opinions on the matter :surrender:

Pilot super sports are up there and then there is the rest of them. As much as I hate Michelin and their price policy I can't deny that the super sports are by far the best. They are hard wearing too...much more than the ps2s. They feel even better with nitrogen and personally I prefer 36 psi at the front 34 rear. Personal preference on 19 inch rims.

Ps I had pre ordered them before they even started being imported officially. Never went back to 050As and ps2s. On my second set fronts and 3rd rears now :ninja:

I can't believe there are different opinions on the matter :surrender:

Pilot super sports are up there and then there is the rest of them. As much as I hate Michelin and their price policy I can't deny that the super sports are by far the best. They are hard wearing too...much more than the ps2s. They feel even better with nitrogen and personally I prefer 36 psi at the front 34 rear. Personal preference on 19 inch rims.

Ps I had pre ordered them before they even started being imported officially. Never went back to 050As and ps2s. On my second set fronts and 3rd rears now :ninja:

You have too much money :lol:

I prefer 36 psi at the front 34 rear. Personal preference on 19 inch rims.

Interesting I've found 37 front and 38 rear as ideal for me.

I think we know from these psi's who is, er, getting more heat in their rear tyres ;)

I prefer 36 psi at the front 34 rear. Personal preference on 19 inch rims.

Interesting I've found 37 front and 38 rear as ideal for me.

I think we know from these psi's who is, er, getting more heat in their rear tyres ;)

lol I think we knew that before he even posted lol