£1550 later...

andyvvc

....car is finally fully sorted for her 50,000th mile anniversary lol

Big thanks to Jez and Kyle at Horsham Developments for sorting out the full BIG P3 service last week (slight issue with the sparks, but not the end of the world) :lol: I've also just had 4x new Falken 452 19" tyres fitted to the LMGT4s. Coupled with the new compression arm bushes and alignment that Horsham fitted last week, the car now drives arrow-straight and feels a lot sharper than it did running on the worn out OEM bushes. I get a lot more steering feel and inputs seem more precise :thumbs:

Total lot done:

Horsham: (£650)

Full P3 service (minus sparks) :blush:

Belt check

Coolant change

Diff oil change

Brake fluid change

Oil and filter change

New compression arm bushes

Full four wheel geo-alignment

Ni$$an Main stealer: (£200)

6x new Platinum sparks + fitting

Notts Laser Alignment: (£700)

4x Falken 452 tyres (245x35x19 and 275x35x19)

Total spend £1550. Turns out that the main 50k service AND tyres AND worn bushes all needing doing in the same month can be quite pricey lol ! Big thanks to Horsham for the decent quote - easily 300 quid cheaper than the Main Stealer, and i know the work has been done by people who know what the Zed is :thumbs:

There is now a cluck coming from the front of the car when i go over sleeping policemen etc. The tyre fitters had it on the ramp and i asked them to check the arms and anti rollbar etc. They didnt find any play in them. Having said that, neither did Ni$$an when the drop links on the anti rollbar went on my last Zed...play was miniscule and they missed it...noise was quite clunky tho. I'm gonna get a second look at the drop link ends/roll bars in a week or so. Pretty sure one of them is on the way out...probably worn before but masked by the worn compression bushes.

Im now skint. Donations will be gratefully received :teeth:

Makes me feel better as I've just had my BIG P3 service done too (current mileage is 47k, slightly early)!! At least I ain't the only one that's skint :lol:

My list is as follows:

- Four-wheel laser alignment

- Iridium spark plugs changed (Denso Iridium)

- Belts changed (Gates belts)

- Engine oil and filter change (Motul and OEM Nissan filter)

- Coolant change (OEM Nissan fluid)

- Brake fluid change (OEM Nissan fluid)

- Diff oil change (OEM Nissan oil)

- Gearbox oil change + Molyslip (OEM Nissan oil)

- Handbrake adjusted

- EBC Yellowstuff brake pads all round

- Rear EBC Ultimax brake discs

- Front discs were recently changed to DBA 5000 rotors

Thanks to CS for supplying me with parts and carrying out the work!! :#1: Once again, AWESOME SERVICE!!!!

PS - I'm in need of donations too! :lol::lol:

why did you go for platinum spark plugs, and why did jez not do them. Should have ordered iridium from zmanalex.

fair price from jez for all that work though.

Jez was going to do them, but unfortunately only had DE sparks in stock. They tried some local suppliers but couldn't get more than 4 Platinum-spec HR plugs on the day. I agree the price is good. They supplied all the fluids too....compression arm bushes plus fitting and Geo should have been nearly 300 quid alone, so a great price all-in :thumbs:

£200 for some spark plugs... thats mental. The ones on my missus`s old car cost me £10 for 4 and took about 10mins to fit. Im hoping I will sell my zed before I need new plugs!

Plus fitting too which is about 1-2 hours. Plus it's not super 4's. The V makes it a pain to change.

My dad did the sparks on his own in under an hour, and he's 60 years old!

Denso iridiums from Alex for me - in fact, as a note, well worth in advance letting the traders on here know you need stuff I used Alex and he gave me a little advice and packaged it all up and had it to me within 48 hours :thumbs: Certainly better than finding stuff on the day.

£200 for some spark plugs... thats mental. The ones on my missus`s old car cost me £10 for 4 and took about 10mins to fit. Im hoping I will sell my zed before I need new plugs!

Plus fitting too which is about 1-2 hours. Plus it's not super 4's. The V makes it a pain to change.

Changing the plugs on a HR is dead easy though.

good to see stealer ripped you off for a spark plug change

According to Ni$$an the sparks cost 26 quid each :lol: Having said that, traders on here sell them for 100 quid for all 6, so the 100 quid extra from a main dealer wasn't too unexpected (book time of 1 hour apparently, plus VAT). As i have no decent tools and the mechanical ability of a drunken monkey, the cost wasnt too terrible. It's done now. Receipt from Ni$$an tucked away in the service folder and hopefully 50000 more miles until *anything* major needs doing again. Except the drop links on the front ARB of course :headhurt:

Changing the plugs on a HR is dead easy though.

Phew!

There is now a cluck coming from the front of the car when i go over sleeping policemen etc. The tyre fitters had it on the ramp and i asked them to check the arms and anti rollbar etc

The noise will be coming from the ball joints in the compression arms, these aren't replaceable I am afraid;

good to see stealer ripped you off for a spark plug change

According to Ni$$an the sparks cost 26 quid each :lol: Having said that, traders on here sell them for 100 quid for all 6, so the 100 quid extra from a main dealer wasn't too unexpected (book time of 1 hour apparently, plus VAT). As i have no decent tools and the mechanical ability of a drunken monkey, the cost wasnt too terrible. It's done now. Receipt from Ni$$an tucked away in the service folder and hopefully 50000 more miles until *anything* major needs doing again. Except the drop links on the front ARB of course :headhurt:

6 Denso Iridiums from Alex £50? Not £100.

You will never (ok maybe odd occasion) get a cheaper deal at stealers than with traders on here.

There is now a cluck coming from the front of the car when i go over sleeping policemen etc. The tyre fitters had it on the ramp and i asked them to check the arms and anti rollbar etc

The noise will be coming from the ball joints in the compression arms, these aren't replaceable I am afraid;

Ar$e! Does this mean new banana arms/compression arms? I assumed that replacing the worn OEM compression bushes with the new ones was a straightforward fit. Or are you saying that the ball joints themselves are also probably worn and in need of replacing?

The obvious concern now is that this might cause an alignment/tracking issue if it isnt fixed soon...? Am i right?

And in reply to a few others - i thought the plugs for the HR model were twice the cost of the DE ones? Alex has them up for 100 quid for a set of 6 iirc?

And in reply to a few others - i thought the plugs for the HR model were twice the cost of the DE ones?

They are for some reason - the 350Z HR takes Denso FXE22HR-11 (the 370Z takes FXE24HR-11) and unless anyone knows better there's not an alternative.

Andy, sorry we didn't have them in stock when you were over - we're getting some in soon :)

Ar$e! Does this mean new banana arms/compression arms? I assumed that replacing the worn OEM compression bushes with the new ones was a straightforward fit. Or are you saying that the ball joints themselves are also probably worn and in need of replacing?

ball joint is in the compression arm and cant be replaced , the new arms come with the rear bush fitted so your no need for your newly replaced bushes. I doubt the tracking will change to be honest , you cant feel the play in the ball joint but you can hear the knocking.

It's all relative, I know very little so have to trust a garage but there are other things that I would never dream of paying for where other people would happily cough up...

It's also peace of mind, if I attempted something myself or someone helped me and it went pear shaped then nothing I could do, but if an Indy or Dealer did it I could at least argue the case...

sod that paying for things i do with my eyes shut. plus im quite ocd with my cars, so when im doing something i make sure its done properly. i worked in a dealership for 6 years and the 'that'll do' attitude is VERY common. aswel as claiming for work they dont do, not fitting parts etc etc. i will never take any of my cars to a dealership. Ive been to a few Independants though (because i didnt have the time to do it myself :lol: ) and standing there by your car whilst their working on it is fine, as you know the guys have a passion for what their doing.

But, for me, the driveway is full of win!! get it up high and smash the work out. I done all the work on my Evo on the driveway - turbo, gearbox swap, clutch, timing belt, ayc bleed, suspension rebuild from knocking coilies + all servicing with only the best parts used), and my Type R - engine out, strip down, headgasket, stripped cylinder head, valve stem seals, all mods, all servicing etc. dont miss the general dealership work, but love working on my own and my mates cars. :thumbs:

sod that paying for things i do with my eyes shut. plus im quite ocd with my cars, so when im doing something i make sure its done properly. i worked in a dealership for 6 years and the 'that'll do' attitude is VERY common. aswel as claiming for work they dont do, not fitting parts etc etc. i will never take any of my cars to a dealership. Ive been to a few Independants though (because i didnt have the time to do it myself :lol: ) and standing there by your car whilst their working on it is fine, as you know the guys have a passion for what their doing.

But, for me, the driveway is full of win!! get it up high and smash the work out. I done all the work on my Evo on the driveway - turbo, gearbox swap, clutch, timing belt, ayc bleed, suspension rebuild from knocking coilies + all servicing with only the best parts used), and my Type R - engine out, strip down, headgasket, stripped cylinder head, valve stem seals, all mods, all servicing etc. dont miss the general dealership work, but love working on my own and my mates cars. :thumbs:

:clap:

I check the oil now and again :blush:

But seeing as my Zed didn't use a drop in 12 months even that doesn't require any work....