I'm such an idiot!

SparksCW

I can't believe I've actually done this and can only blame it on the man flu but on my doomed trip to tesco to get flu tablets I've driven my 350 into a pylon when leaving a parking space. The rear left panel is beyond saving and the door has some slight damage mostly to handle.

I'm waiting for my mum to bring hammer and crow bar lol how embarasing.

Guess I'll be calling Alex soon for a rear left Panel although I'll be surprised if I can afford it. I really can't believe I've done this after years of trouble free motoring. I'll post pictures later so you can all laugh at my (temporary) incompetence :-(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. Im curious but how the hell did you do it that badly?! You must have been going at some pace!

Were you trying to get into the parking space using a handbrake turn?

I was leaving the parking space and wasn't going quick or being silly, I really don't understand how it got that damaged I really dont, just my luck I guess! I think it's because the post had a hand rail around it and this is what dug into the car. If it was just a normal post it would prob have been okay.

Bloody hell! All I can say is unlcuky mate and hope you get it back to its best asap!

When I bought my new Reno 182 I drove it back home and thought lets have a look underneath the hood. Once finshed I closed the bonnet how I use to do with my Astra.... It left a big hand print dent on the bonnet :bang: Wasnt best pleased!

that is a bad one i must admit it (I know it wont help) this wont help either but shouldnt you stop when you hit something..looks like you gone right along it!!...it wil get fixed mate in time its still driveable thats all that matters just park it drivers door out...i binned my z last xmas and messed the door up ive got new one...on my coffee table!!! will go on after this xmas!!till then park drivers door out :thumbs:

that is a bad one i must admit it (I know it wont help) this wont help either but shouldnt you stop when you hit something..looks like you gone right along it!!...it wil get fixed mate in time its still driveable thats all that matters just park it drivers door out...i binned my z last xmas and messed the door up ive got new one...on my coffee table!!! will go on after this xmas!!till then park drivers door out :thumbs:

I'll be honest, that's what's annoying me the most, if I was "with it" I would have stopped, reversed up and the damage would have been a bit less, although I didnt really power through it as such I just can't believe how much damage it did.

And yeah youre right, it's driveable, I have a friend who runs a bodyshop who said he will take a look and see if it's fixable or not, I think he is my best bet right now. But when it comes down to it, it's still driveable!

exactly i get a lot of people saying how nice my car is and try and prevent them from walking to the pssenger side :lol::lol:

but at the end of the day theres nothing wrong with the 3.5 v6 under the bonnet and thats all im interested in and matters really, this stuff happens i was so angry when i did mine but a year on im not too fussed it will get done and il be happier the day its all perfect again..drive on and just tell people you binned it in an underground drifting championships :lol::lol::lol: