Whats the budget for a 350z these days?

Nutisbak2

I'm looking at getting another car and have been deliberating over a 350z or the RX8.... RX8's can be picked up around the 2500 mark with a bit of looking... however I've been hearing scary stories regards the RX8.

I was wondering what a 350z would set me back?

Also what should I be aware/wary of... are there any models which are more desirable or hold there price better than others? Are any models more reliable than others?

Are some models more spec'd up than others out there?

Any help and information would be great...

Unfortunately as I'm getting back on my feet at the moment I've got around £2500 to spend, plus my car a p plate mx-6 which won't make much as well as a fair few semi desirable parts from the JSPEC version of that car, I've no idea what I'd get for in all in total.

cheapest I have seen a Z go for recently was about £4250 for one that wasn't written off, it did however need a bit of work

in all honesty for your budget I'd sit tight for another 12 months and get it up to the 4 grand mark or try and borrow the difference over 12 months or something to get a half decent one.. I doubt you will ever find a Zed for £2500 and even if you get an RX8 you are going to have to throw some serious notes at it!

Wow. Do some research man. Even finding a zed fOr £6k would make me wonder what's wrong with it. Main problem with rx8s is they need an engine rebuild after a certain mileage so that's why they are so cheap.

Research into different zed models yourself, you'll appreciate it more if you do it yourself. :thumbs:

£2500? You`ll be struggling to get a set of wheels and a few bits for that.

You do see very early high mileage coupe`s for 7k sometimes and thats about as low as it gets. If you want anything better you pay a lot more than that. I paid over double that for my car.

The RX8 is cheap for a reason and that main reason being is the fact they drink petrol like no tomorrow. Really not many people can afford to run them at all these days due to the cost of fuel.

If you really want a zed I think you will have to get a loan or save up some more. And dont just factor in the cost of the car, you need to think about servicing and keeping it on the road. I just spent 250quid on a set of brake pads, 500quid on a set of tyres, 460quid (less for older cars) on road tax and 700quid on insurance this month. Granted, I dont spend that every month, but thats an example of the sort of prices you`ll get. Also factor in your mileage. I put £600 of fuel in mine a month which is nearly as much as my mortgage.

Good luck!

Take £2.5K

Put it on Red

Buy Z for £5K

:thumbs:

*Disclaimer: If it lands on black or green, I am not responsible*

:p

you would still be lucky getting one for 5 k- and even if you did it would need money spending on it soon.... personally I wouldn't look at one for under 10 -15, but maybe i'm just a n00b!! haha :lol:

Take £2.5K

Put it on Red

Buy Z for £5K

you would still be lucky getting one for 5 k- and even if you did it would need money spending on it soon.... personally I wouldn't look at one for under 10 -15, but maybe i'm just a n00b!! haha :lol:

Yup :p

There are plenty of decent cars out there at £6kish. Advertised price and sale price are 2 completley different things ;)

If you rule out anything under 10K then your ruling out the far better DE engined cars :p

Take £2.5K

Put it on Red

Buy Z for £5K

Yup :p

There are plenty of decent cars out there at £6kish. Advertised price and sale price are 2 completley different things ;)

If you rule out anything under 10K then your ruling out the far better DE engined cars :p

Ian!! what a joker :lol::ban: ,

HR all the way! :drive1:clap:

price for a zed these days is about 6-6 k and a pack of worthers originals.

lots to choose from and its a buyers market.

The DE engines have more torque and the DE cars weigh less, they also generally fall in to the lower tax bank.

apart from the newer interior in the newer ones on the track there is bug all between them. the newer ones might have more power but they weigh more and have less torque.

my advice go for the best you can afford; and where possible buy from a club member as generally they are better cared for, although not always,

The DE engines have more torque and the DE cars weigh less, they also generally fall in to the lower tax bank.

apart from the newer interior in the newer ones on the track there is bug all between them. the newer ones might have more power but they weigh more and have less torque.

my advice go for the best you can afford; and where possible buy from a club member as generally they are better cared for, although not always,

so how much do you think a 58 plate with 15k on the clock is worth?

8K, 2 packs of werthers & a packet of pickled onion monster munch :p

Will depend on colour, but I'd say between 12 & 14K

About £11k max, based on this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

8K, 2 packs of werthers & a packet of pickled onion monster munch :p

Will depend on colour, but I'd say between 12 & 14K

I do like werthers! haha I paid just over that for mine 3 months ago, I think when (IF) the price if fuel drops, it will drive more demand for the cars. If i had to run a Z daily I would NEVER be able to afford it due to fuel.... shame! :thumbdown:

I do like werthers! haha I paid just over that for mine 3 months ago, I think when (IF) the price if fuel drops, it will drive more demand for the cars. If i had to run a Z daily I would NEVER be able to afford it due to fuel.... shame! :thumbdown:

It does cost a fair bit to run daily.

Also the prices of zeds does seem to be seasonal. Its coming up to the snowy cold season so you`ll find prices will drop a bit, and the prices of things like range rovers & 4x4s tend to go up a bit. Come spring the prices will be a bit stronger for zeds.

sarnie beat me too it, but yes about 11-12k max and thats only if buyers will pay that much.

you can put it up for what ever you like but unless people are willing to pay it you won;t get that price.

the price of anything with a big engine is going only 1 way and thats down. with the cost of fuel and the fact peoples living costs are being squeezed no one is buying them and if they are they aren't paying anything near what they would have done for a big engined car.

i think its brilliant as i've been picking up cars like my jag for a lot less than i would have paid 2 years ago. and it will mean i will have a great selection of big engined cars to pick from in a couple of years time.

With a budget of £2500 the only Z you will get is one that has been mangled in a car crash. As for RX8's, I think they look crap and the running costs arent worth the performance you get back, hence their market value.

For £2500 how about a Mk2 MR2 T-Bar Turbo? Fairly reliable, mid engined and faster than a zed off the line... should be a fun car for your price range, I'm not sure what the resale value would be in a couple of years but I doubt it will change that much as long as the car is kept in good condition.

For £2500 how about a Mk2 MR2 T-Bar Turbo? Fairly reliable, mid engined and faster than a zed off the line... should be a fun car for your price range, I'm not sure what the resale value would be in a couple of years but I doubt it will change that much as long as the car is kept in good condition.

My mate had a 1991 one of them, and sold it for 2 grand about 7 years ago! Cracking cars.

My mate had a 1991 one of them, and sold it for 2 grand about 7 years ago! Cracking cars.

I had a '93, think I'd aim for a '94+ these days though as the Rev 3 (or was it 4?) looks a bit tidier with some better colour coded parts. I also had a '94 UK NA and a Mk1 Surpercharger (that was an awesome car as well, like a go kart on steroids!).