Distance to Empty Indicator

moretto

I found my to actually be pretty accurate. I know this is at odds to most peoples experience with the Z though. Just get it down to almost zero, and fill the car up to the brim. Then you can at least make an educated guess.

i thought you just get dashed lines below 20 something im sure you cant even get it down to single digits

Considering that even when it shows the dashes I can only fill up at most 65-68 litres and the car has an 80 litre tank then I wouldn't be surprised if one can even do 50-60 miles more before it dies.

However, I never want to run the risk so I just fill up :lol:

The day I left the Lakes from my holiday last month the DTE indicator showed I had 84 miles of fuel left. The satnav said I was 92 miles from home, so I was definitely in need of a pit stop.

However, not only did I manage to get home without stopping, but the DTE when I arrived said I still had 72 miles of fuel left! :teeth:

The day I left the Lakes from my holiday last month the DTE indicator showed I had 84 miles of fuel left. The satnav said I was 92 miles from home, so I was definitely in need of a pit stop.

However, not only did I manage to get home without stopping, but the DTE when I arrived said I still had 72 miles of fuel left! :teeth:

Similar scenarios have happened to me like this plenty of times! I have for some bizarre reason saw my DTE go up 20 mile or so when i start crawling in traffic (probably getting about 6mpg) which completely baffles me. :shrug: