Looking to become a 350z owner....

Hey guys,

I am new to 350z world - previously i have only really had elises / exiges etc, but now with a dog I need a fun weekend car with a boot. I was looking at Z4 coupes but ended up deciding on the Zed.

I have a German motorway muncher as the daily drive and as such my budget is c.£8k and the imports look pretty tasty, i have seen a few low mileage cars and the fact that tax is cheaper make me feel a lot happier...... is it only the Jap cars which are in the £200 bracket?

I was also wondering about the auto - whats the general consensus?

My mates is setting his silver 02 car - its a base model with fabric seats, but he has owned it since 2005 when it came into the Uk and its only done 22k. I hate to fickle but its sliver and im just not a fan....

Cheers for any info.

Mark

im not sure how comfy the dog would be in the boot...not great amounts of room...and welcome :wave: id go for manual all the way but thats just my opinion seems more fun to me....all cars registered before april 2006 will be in the £200 tax bracket

Sorry, to clarify, are he pre 06 uk cars also £200 per year tax??

It's in the £240 region - about £246 I think it was so more like £250 I guess. (I paid in July)

I am new to 350z world - previously i have only really had elises / exiges etc

Ha! Can't wait to show this to my Exige fanboy snob chum :lol::lol:

If he will take £5k it could be worth doing - wrap it in black, nismo rear spoiler and some staggered rays......

If you really want the Nismo spoiler (well worth it!) then you're probs best waiting to get a car with one already on - there's quite a few posts on this forum from folks wanting to track one down and finding them hard to source.

But yes get one! You'll have no regrets :)

S.

It's in the £240 region - about £246 I think it was so more like £250 I guess. (I paid in July)

This tax thing is confusing me - the emissions are 276 and according to the dvla it should be top bracket? Are the 350's wrongly classified?

im not sure how comfy the dog would be in the boot...not great amounts of room...and welcome :wave: id go for manual all the way but thats just my opinion seems more fun to me....all cars registered before april 2006 will be in the £200 tax bracket

Early 2006 registered cars are also in the lower tax bracket. I can't remember the actual cut off for the lower tax date but its somewhere around March 20th 2006. There obviously won't be that many about on 06 plates as the facelift went on sale on April 1st and only a few prefacelifts were sold in March 2006. They may well have sold more of the prefacelifts they had in stock but the decision to keep the tax at the lower rate was made retrospectively.

Pete