Tax dollars at its most useful

EH 370z

Hilariously, this work of art is supposed to represent a “Corn fieldâ€

Fantastic, for a town which is synonymous with the steel and petro-chemical industry.

Still it will give the scally’s some scrap metal to sell on the black market for a bit of extra pocket money – no seriously they will…. :blush:

Recently Aberdeen City Council spent about £60m restoring n old building. In my opinion it was worth every penny and the best tax pounds spent in my lifetime locally. The finished building looks absolutely stunning!

Marchial College in Aberdeen. Awesome! The £120k statue outside is ace too! :teeth:

Recently Aberdeen City Council spent about £60m restoring n old building. In my opinion it was worth every penny and the best tax pounds spent in my lifetime locally. The finished building looks absolutely stunning!

Marchial College in Aberdeen. Awesome! The £120k statue outside is ace too! :teeth:

Fair enough, but this is sh!t... :shrug:

that is fair enough, its a building that has a purpose and will be used by many people over many years. a piece of history!!!!!

but not some load of SH!T that has been made just to spend the budget.

my local council spent nigh on 600k on a frigging bus shelter!!! it was crap and leaked all over the place!!!

Hilariously, this work of art is supposed to represent a “Corn fieldâ€

Fantastic, for a town which is synonymous with the steel and petro-chemical industry.

Still it will give the scally’s some scrap metal to sell on the black market for a bit of extra pocket money – no seriously they will…. :blush:

I'm already looking into hiring a flatbed.

Why should the scallies get first bash?

I reckon I'd be doing everyone a favour.

Having one of these did no harm to the Italian town of Piza......

We have this:

310921_52499126.jpg

Its apparently the worlds first laser lit sculpture on a roundabout ........ except the lasers stopped working after about 6 months and havent been fixed. Most locals now refer to it as "The Bog Roll" :D

Cost? £100K. :scare:

We have this:

Its apparently the worlds first laser lit sculpture on a roundabout ........ except the lasers stopped working after about 6 months and havent been fixed. Most locals now refer to it as "The Bog Roll" :D

Cost? £100K. :scare:

i know that round about its just outside haverhill; always thought it was a bit crap to be honest; like they forgot to put good foundations in. :thumbdown:

we have this in ipswich 2433543991_458ea8850e.jpg

i really like it; been here since before i moved this way, don't know how much it cost; but it makes me smile

this on the other hand i have no idea

001-1.JPG

but we also have

A088-04129_Sculpture_in_Ravenswood_Housing_estate_Ipswich_UK.jpg

A088-04145_Wind_Sculpture_at_Ravenswood_Housing_Estate_Ipswich_UK.jpg

cravenwood-angels.jpg

20100826_1.jpg

At least these look like something, as far as I can see our new addition has just made the roundabout slight more dangerous to get around as now you can’t see what you will drive into.

As a small foot note, this round about was fine. Then some years ago some idiot covered it in traffic lights are prioritised it, now there is one accident per week on it!