Any Scooby experts on here.

martinmac

I had one from new, kept it 6 weeks, drank fuel like no-ones business, 30 lts to travel 18 miles, and that was driving normally. :scare:

Took it back to Subaru for a check over, was told "its fixed, it was a Subaru issue, nothing the customer needs to know" Sir!

Took it home and the fuel was even worse. I was told by subaru tec, If you use any other fuel other than super at any stage, you will feck up the ECU and it WILL need a new one.

Got shot of it toot sweet. :rant:

Worst car I ever owned, and really didn't know what the appeal was, blinded by power i suppose :wacko:

I was told, as I will tell you, by a WRX owner, please don't buy one. :surrender:

Thats all... :thumbs:

My mum has had one for about 18 months (albeit the newer 2.5 version) and she loves it. Its not hugely bad on fuel, its comfortable and is good in the snow.

I've driven it quite a bit while I was without a car and tbh its pretty good, I actually preferred it to my Z :blush:

The problem was that I didnt really know what I wanted so it was a price band search on autotrader. The main contender was something which I couldnt justify as it would be parked next to a cement factory for weeks which wouldnt have worked. No 370z hence this was a compromise.

That's the same year as our one Mart, except it's a WRX not an STi.

One thing I will say is don't under-estimate how thirsty the cars can be on fuel. Granted ours has the PPP so will be a bit thirstier than normal, but Jo sees 26-28mpg on a motorway run, and I get sub-20mpg when I drive it (much to her displeasure!). Aside from that they're fairly simple cars, interior is awful but usable, gearbox on a WRX is more fragile than the much stronger STi 'box, turbos can and do get worn so check for blue smoke on start up but don't forget because it's a flat-4 there will be more smoke than on an in-line or vee lump. Other than that, they're a sound buy and (whisper it) more fun to drive than a Zed is.

Had 3 including my sprint car till last november (may she rest in pieces RIP). If you need any pointers MArtin im around as well mate. :thumbs:. If I was to buy a new age it wouldnt be a wrx make sure its and sti as a minimum mate tbh.

In reasonably standard form Scoobs are very strong its only when you start upping the power and/or racing/tracking them they go south.