Am I the only 0ne

wesmin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if I was the only one who actually prefers the 2006 facelift 350Zs in standard form with out all the go faster plastic side skirts and horrendous spoilers B)

Why just the 2006 zed? why not pre 2006? But for sure i agree with you i generally prefer the cars as they are but i will make an exception for the factory fitted Nismo V1 kit. :)

I must admit I didn't fall in love with the zed at first sight on release.

However, after seeing some with just a mild drop and spacers opened my eyes.

On seeing a Nismo V1 kitted zed in EVO magazine I just had to have one.

SO IN THIS CASE I WOULD HAVE TO DISAGREE.

Visually the zed does look better with a little fettling even if just spacers and a drop ;) IMHO

I prefer the standard and factory fit Nismo v1 cars to most other kits. I think a front lip of some kind makes it look a lot better (Varis or Nismo v1). Dont like massive skirts, spoilers or bumpers with bits cut out though.

Nope mate, your not alone. I prefer them as classy lookin' as possible (banner tag hint B) ) When I get mine, it'll get a stubby, rear and 3/4' windows tinted and thats it!. Possible black wrap front splitter thing for a meaner mouth. Not a fan of bodykits etc. and dare I say it on here.... *crouches and hides*, the standard nismo rear spoiler for the Zed... I absoloutely hate it :blush::sorry: lol.

I'm not a fan of massive kits but every car individual. I don't like veilside but absolutely love Davy chans with the veilside kit. Some nismo kitted zeds (aftermarket) don't look right.

This is the way a factory kitted zed should look like and in my opinion it's still the best looking kit on the market.

carrun002.jpg

I live in the country where you have pheasants, rabbits , foxes and what have you running out into your path frequently so a front lip wouldn't last too long, but its interesting to hear all the differing views.

So do I. I stay in a small village in Scotland. Can't get more country than that :lol:

The lip doesn't sit more than a few mm lower than the oem bumper. I have however lowered it on kw variant 3's but in this pic above it was eibach springs.

I live in the country where you have pheasants, rabbits , foxes and what have you running out into your path frequently so a front lip wouldn't last too long, but its interesting to hear all the differing views.

So do I. I stay in a small village in Scotland. Can't get more country than that :lol:

The lip doesn't sit more than a few mm lower than the oem bumper. I have however lowered it on kw variant 3's but in this pic above it was eibach springs.

+1 - and if the lip is made of carbon it will fair a lot better against small animals than the stock bumper ;):lol:

As much as I love the nismo kit I just wouldn't have it. Agree with Neil it shouldve came like that as standard but that's the reason I wouldn't have it. I like my cars unique but I was brought up in generation max power :lol:

I hope never to have a standard car unless it's an italian supercar :cloud9:

As much as I love the nismo kit I just wouldn't have it. Agree with Neil it shouldve came like that as standard but that's the reason I wouldn't have it. I like my cars unique but I was brought up in generation max power :lol:

+100

Would that be a Punto your hoping for :lol:

I was wondering if I was the only one who actually prefers the 2006 facelift 350Zs in standard form with out all the go faster plastic side skirts and horrendous spoilers B)

I'm with you 100%, regardless of what model 350z i'm not a fan of aftermerket kits or spoilers, I can't think of a kit on any marque of car that enhances it...for a 350z add a stubby and a decent set of rims and that's job done.

Before:

pic2.jpg

After:

photo2-12.jpg

Mods for the win! I agree the nismo should of been how the car came as standard also.

I can't help but disagree, the top shot of the car as standard looks beautiful, side by side personally I'd take the keys for that one all day long.

+1 I think those mods would have drastically reduced the resale value of that car

1. Drastically reduced the resale value - for you perhaps. I've made my car look the way I like it to look. I obviously prefer it over the stock look and prefer driving a car that's a little different from most other zeds out there. There are dozen of modded zeds on here I would have over a stock car - fnor example wassos that has been put up for sale recently. Again this is down to personal taste.

2. My car is completely paid off and I have no intention of selling it. However if I did, nearly everything is easily reversible.

3. Here is some clearer pics - I'm interested to know which mods you think drastically lower the resale price? Maybe lower the number of interest parties as it's to my taste but I think you're wrong about values.

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

+1 I think those mods would have drastically reduced the resale value of that car

Who cares about resale value? I bought the car for me, I modded it to my tastes. Why should I care what the next owner will think of it?

Who cares about resale value? I bought the car for me, I modded it to my tastes. Why should I care what the next owner will think of it?

Just dont try to PX it like I did :headhurt: I will definately only be doing reversible (or at least ones you cant see if not) mods from now on, that way I can have it how I like it and then put it back to how others will like it when I come to sell :thumbs:

I just think that it would be difficult to trade in a modded 350 and thats the only reason I made that statement, its a bit like colour, white is now probably the favourite but lots of owners like their black, silver, red or whatever colour. Its all down to being free to do whatever you like to your own car.

I think its an aging thing too as I can remember (just about) when I drove cars which I thought were the bee's balls and now I would describe them as more noise than speed, then as i matured I got to like the more stock look where I could side at traffic lights beside a hatchback diguised as a F1 car and proceed to leave it for dead when the lights turned green. A bit like the story of the young bull and the more mature bull walking down the road when they noticed a field full of cows and the young bull said will we run in there and do one of those cows and the older bull replied NO WE WILL SNEAK IN AND DO THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM. B):dry::yahoo:

Just dont try to PX it like I did :headhurt: I will definately only be doing reversible (or at least ones you cant see if not) mods from now on, that way I can have it how I like it and then put it back to how others will like it when I come to sell :thumbs:

Every mod is reversible, just depends how patient you are ;)

My car sold completley standard bar a set of headers

Thats true Ian. In my case it would have meant buying a whole new rear interior, new seats to replace the Recaro's (my originals were shot to @*!# after trying to recondition them) and having my front bumper sprayed - which would have been a bit of an expense :blush:

I just think that it would be difficult to trade in a modded 350 and thats the only reason I made that statement, its a bit like colour, white is now probably the favourite but lots of owners like their black, silver, red or whatever colour. Its all down to being free to do whatever you like to your own car.

I think its an aging thing too as I can remember (just about) when I drove cars which I thought were the bee's balls and now I would describe them as more noise than speed, then as i matured I got to like the more stock look where I could side at traffic lights beside a hatchback diguised as a F1 car and proceed to leave it for dead when the lights turned green. A bit like the story of the young bull and the more mature bull walking down the road when they noticed a field full of cows and the young bull said will we run in there and do one of those cows and the older bull replied NO WE WILL SNEAK IN AND DO THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM. B):dry::yahoo:

What's the moral of that story? Missed it completely.

I agree with Craig. My cars modified to my taste to reflect what i want in a car.

I will never sell it and Im prepared to wreck it at the track. It's a toy, not a work horse. Everytime my car is out I drive it the way it was built to drive and have yet to have anything to go wrong... People use them as work horses and never have the full enjoyment of it.

No matter what anyone says views will always be biased as people with kits will say they love them and people without will say they hate them.

Very bad thread in my opinion. Love your car and that is all that matters. If people have similar taste to you and like your car then that's good. All this thread is doing is stirring up another girly feminine handbag match.

Time to lock. This place is a joke with these sort of bitch debates. Accept the fact not everyone likes everybody's car. Love your own and that's all that matters.