Balerion - The Black Dread - The Resurrection

rodgeevans

Project is looking great!

Mind me asking where you managed to source the LEDS from? I've been hunting for some for the kick plate-type size for ages and ages and lost all hope!!

Cheers, i will dig them out when i am home and get you the details, they are 10mm square LEDS but went into a dome cap like a std round dome cap LED so i sanded them down to remove the cap and give a perfectly flat 10mm square LED. just need to work out how to get them onto the lighting circuit now so they come on with the interior light as the car is unlocked or doors opened

LED's In use in the kick plates are these which i then file down to about half the size to remove the dome cap and just leave a square LED.

20130525_121134_zps59bf5cf8.jpg

Bit more needed to make them fit after this but i will detail this at a later time, as i have only done one side so far so ironing out the process and will document it for the passenger side.

Tried fitting some spacers

25mm rear and 20mm front but the rears are rubbing so will try the 20mm's on the rear see if that sorts it out plus it prob sticks a little to far out on 25mm

20130528_145756_zps1d844fa5.jpg

so 25mm will be up for grabs shortly and possibly the 20mm too

Edited by rodgeevans

I was considering it too but would be after white LED's and can only find red :( Looks good though.

I presume you could use some acetone or something and polish those up too to make them shiny again :)

• 3 months later...

Small update as a precursor to a major update this weekend or next.

few mods carried out since the last update.

This carried out over a couple of weekends, First job i decided to remove my spoiler as i was fixing some dents that had been in the car since i bought it and wanted to see what it looked like with out the spoiler. well who ever fitted the spoiler didn't do a great job and had drilled at least twice as many holes as there was fixing points so i went about plating and filling all those then next weekend i went over all the holes again whilst repairing the dents 3 in the boot and 1 in the rear bumper, whilst doing these i decided that i would smooth the tail gate at the same time so removed the badges and plated and filled the holes behind the Nissan badge.

i then gave everything a rough coat of paint out of a rattle can just so the car didnt have large body filler or primmer patches all over it.

20130802_191101_zps0b992322.jpg

20130802_191108_zps3733e2db.jpg

20130816_202856_zpse2147fe6.jpg

20130816_202918_zps581a9a4e.jpg

Only picture i took of the rear after the job but terrible quality unfortunately

20130820_140144_zps20b8ceaa.jpg

You may also notice i deleted the rear wiper at the same time.

Next was to remove all the side indicators and Z badges to install the 370z side indicators.

20130803_174750-1_zps564a699e.jpg

20130816_203005_zps52fbc98a.jpg

Now the car has been left at the sprayers missing it already but will be all worth while when i get it back.

Not driving the car daily as i usually do you really start to appreciate just how good a car it is to drive

So now just the patent wait to get her back hopefully in time for the show in a couple of weekends time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this weekend i was meant to be at JAE on the 350z-UK stand but unfortunately my car was not finished in time and in fact is still

missing a few little peices.

So this weekend instead of being at JAE i set about trying to get the car finished well as many will know its never finished.

So after fitting the side skirts and spats Thursday Evening Saturday i spent fitting the front bumper and retractable number plate bracket.

and here it is.

20130914_173304_zps514bb209.jpg

0366a774-a419-4fec-88fd-2c182a5e062f_zps33b84680.jpg

20130914_182505_zpsc1921bc9.jpg

20130914_173059_zps40981c3c.jpg

I have since sprayed the bracket holding the retractable plate black, Just need to buy/fit the Mesh and fit the nissan badge now.

Only just seen this build. Great progress dude, loving the yellow engine bay. Car looks great without the spoiler too :)

Cheers mate. yeah much prefer it without the spoiler glad i took it off was never keen on it but with it being bolted on i couldn't remove it till i was ready to go be painted.

Love it mate! good work! :)

Looks like you got the same retractable plate bracket as me, great little mod imo

Thanks taken a long time but pleased with the outcome.

Yeah its the Altec show'n'go had it about18 months perfect time to fit it.

Edited by rodgeevans

• 1 month later...

I like the comparison photos of the standard vs led rear lights. I often chuckle to myself when I brake im illuminating road signs 50m back on the other side of the road, they are VERY bright.

What modification did you make to the connector and why, out of interest?

Edited by cs2000

• 8 years later...

So after nearly 4 years operation restore has started. Had some helpers clean her, then as the brakes needed changing anyway have started the brembo conversion which i have had for over 10 years!, new uk 550cca battery fitted and terminals, front brembos now fitted and rears should be done over the next couple of evenings ready for a full service next week followed by mot and then another oil change already insured so can then tax the beast.

20220710_170445.jpg

20220710_192553.jpg

Edited by rodgeevans
  • Like 3

• rodgeevans changed the title to Balerion - The Black Dread - The Resurrection
  • 3 weeks later...

Small update on the resurrection. All brakes now changed, first service done, undersealed, had it checked over for a pre-mot just to see if anything major was required, but other than the brakes needed bleeding and the w-brace, although not gone yet should be changed as i don't think it will last another year. So purchased an ultra racing replacement. Will likely do the front one before next year too. So MOT is Tuesday and it will be back. Got a miltek and front wings to fit and a few other little bits before I move on to rear arches and refurbing the lmgt's and refreshing the ICE. Also started cleaning the engine bay which led to purchasing some cf battery brake covers.

20220726_205907.jpg

Edited by rodgeevans
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...