Balerion - The Black Dread - The Resurrection

rodgeevans

they do appear darker than they really are yes tints often do in photos in my experience.

I thought any tiny on the side windows is now illegal. The police are very keen on it here so I hope yours are more forgiving.

Once the wheels are on, it will transform the car :thumbs:

More info on your PG stuff :cloud9::cloud9:

What do you want to know, the sub is a phoenix gold titanium elite ti12d, front component set is phoenix gold titanium elite 6.5s which if you know about pg you will know were made by morel in isarael. The rears are phoenix gold octane-r 6.5 these are cheap phoenix gold compared to the other stuff but still cost over 150 when new, At the moment this is all powered by a 500.2 and a 600.4 PG tantrum amps but this is temporary whilst i sort the rest of the car out as i have 3 more 500.2 and a 1200.1 also. Other stuff yet or considering to be installed is phoenix gold split charge isolator used for splitting charge between two batteries, phoenix gold bass cube, and phoenix gold line driver trying to remember if that everything as im sure i forgetting things. this is all (bar the octanes) old classic PG stuff when it was all hand made quality stuff not that stuff that put out now.

Other stuff i have laying round as you seem interested in ICE a nakamichi mb-75 headunit and a cerwin vega 15D stroker original if you know your stuff and i can see you do then you will know this is one of the best old school subs ever made that i wish i could fit in the zed for shows at least but as it needs a monster box it is just not practical.

As you can most likely tell that collection cost me a fair whack of cash and thats not including the other stuff i have lying around the house :lol:

On the window tints to be honnest they came on the car when i bought it i have no idea on them but my neighbours are a pair of traffic cops. They have never said anything about them but did question the tyres when i purchased it as being close to the limit :shrug:

cant wait to get wheels but it just a waiting game at the moment, need to shift some of my old sets on and some other stuff from the garage before getting them as i running out of room. I have a set of ford fitament TSW fusions that are one of only three sets imported into the country as they were special black with hologram metal flake out the factory just cant bring my self to sell them.

• 1 month later...

Not much of an update in way of the build but just an update to the list of parts waiting to go on durring the winter carbon wrapped a few little peices thanks to wrap from RTBiscuit and added a Abbey Sticker also from RT.

20120924_171342.jpg

20121007_005426.jpg

Then on saturday went and picked up the beauties below thanks to "Steve 350Z"

i found my self just sitting staring at these for about 20mins after taking the photos so happy

:teeth::yahoo::DB):p

20121008_010129.jpg

20121008_010159.jpg

20121008_010304.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Now I have to work out do i go

A silver with diamond cut

B All Black

C Black with diamond cut

or

D anthacite with diamond cut

what are other peoples opinions and anyone decent with photoshop that could show me each option on a black v2 nismo 350Z would be most appreciated

At the moment im swaying towards black with diamond cut lip, also my mate has is a wheel refurbisher but now only powdercoats doesnt spray anymore i have read somewhere a few horror stories of powder coating rays is there any truth to this its hard getting any facts and not conjecture i noticed alex powder coats rays so makes me think it is safe to do so, but my question is do i powder coat or spray i been quoted 230 to powder coat and diamond cut the set.

RE the rare JDM cover i am a bit unsure on it myself, cant work out if i like it or not :shrug:

Thanks ddcboyle been watching yours with interest too it was your thread that actually made be go and buy some vinyl wrap.

Strut bar was thinking of polishing it to match the plenum which needs rehitting anyway.

Yeah cheers Tom been lurking a long time looking for the wheels The Wheels are the 19" Nismo LMGT4's prob wont put them on this side of winter as much as i would like to. I will get them refurbed and rubbered up ready for the spring and warmer weather would rather not subdue them to the snow grit and crap from the roads so soon after a refurb.

Small update, Other half got me a few bits for my b'day a cf cooling plate a steering bootle a catch can and a few other bits. fitted the cooling panel along with a custom yellow earthing kit i made myself as below.

DSC_4441.jpg

quick question about the catch can she got me she said it waas listed as a 350Z one but im unsure as it has a small connector at the bottom is this usaul and how would this be connected. i guess the top two go to the pcv line but unsure where the other goes.

DSC_4449.jpg

Both the powersteering resovior and header tank were made foe pre HR I belive by Weapon R

I just sold a new set and the pipes go on as they come off the old one:)

Small jubilee clips or spring clips were what the guy who bought them from me used.

They should indeed but it seems the earlier versions of the PS ressie had one wrong size outlet on them and was a common fault which has been rectified i believ on the later models, teach me for trying to get a bargin from the states no way to return without costing a fortune.

Small update, Other half got me a few bits for my b'day a cf cooling plate a steering bootle a catch can and a few other bits. fitted the cooling panel along with a custom yellow earthing kit i made myself as below.

DSC_4441.jpg

quick question about the catch can she got me she said it waas listed as a 350Z one but im unsure as it has a small connector at the bottom is this usaul and how would this be connected. i guess the top two go to the pcv line but unsure where the other goes.

DSC_4449.jpg

Both the powersteering resovior and header tank were made foe pre HR I belive by Weapon R

I just sold a new set and the pipes go on as they come off the old one:)

Small jubilee clips or spring clips were what the guy who bought them from me used.

Just an update. tarmac sell these items.

Anyway the guy that bought mine is called Chris and owns a garage called Brooklands kent 01322 616 716 http://www.brooklandskent.co.uk/

I think he put a wider pipe on but seemed to be happy with everything. Give him a call and I am sure he will tell you what he had to do.

:thumbs:

Just make those gold badges don't make another appearance :scare:

On the nismos I'd stick with all black as the diamond cut lips don't last well at all.

As for powder costing I've heard a few horror stories that do the rounds but it's common practise for wheel refurbers and my nismos were done so I really wouldn't worry at all.

• 1 month later...

Little up date as found this picture which shows how i fitted the PG sub in due to its depth over a foot and weighing in at 41lb

20121111_135924.jpg

Had a hold up on getting my wheels refurbed as my mates new lathe/diamond cutter has been delayed due to hurricane sandy so six week wait now.

the rest is my do to list for crossing off once back from my holiday.

Remove Spoiler and find a buyer ( :cloud9: )

Fit 370 side repeaters

fit front bumper + side skirts

Fit refurbed wheels

fit lowering springs

spray the beast

smile

Edited by rodgeevans

Yeah i had mine out for a while whilst picking up alloys and a small driving holiday so when fitting it back thought i would show how the bare box looks and when i came on here i saw what seemed like the dawn of a new ice age this month so i wasn't the only one wanting some bass back in there life. i incorporated the spare wheel nut into it so it holds it all secure and the box cant be removed without taking the sub out inconvienant for a quick removal but safer from theiving scum.

If you want any measurements or what just ask and i will provide.

oh if money is no object (which looking at your build threads i guess not) and you want best sound from your box use marine ply not mdf

Edited by rodgeevans

• 2 months later...

Samll update as the weather is still to cold for an major over haul.

More engine Bling fitted. New coolant and PAS tanks fitted replacing the old wepon-r PAS and OEM Coolant tanks.

Removed the Strut bar and took it to my mates wheel refurb shop where he allowed me play so i acid dipped it to strip all the layers of paint then shot blasted before experimenting with powder coat to get the finished article in the pictures.

20130112_161610.jpg

20130112_161541.jpg

Also bought a pair of handles for a very good price £30 and sprayed them black.

20130113_142259.jpg

Finally started work on my amp rack although pictures of that to follow at a later date.

• rodgeevans changed the title to Balerion - The Black Dread - The Resurrection