Possible New 350z owner......

Hi all, just signed up this morning and popped in to introduce myself.

I've been tempted to get a 350z from the moment I took my Nissan Navara in for a service about 5 months ago. While my Nav was having its work done I spotted a 2007 350z GT in orange on the forecourt. Instantly I took it out for a test drive and loved every second of it :)

Believe me at that point I would quite happy traded in my 2008 Navara for it there and then! But I was being good and decided to go away and have a think about it.

The Nissan dealer gave me his usual spiel about it saying that it wont be here for long, got someone coming to look at it tomorrow etc etc....

But it wasn't something I was going to rush into buying as I had only had my Navara for a year. I told the dealer how interested I was, but I would go away and have a think about it and possibly see if I could sell my nav privately (As its paid outright, no finance)

Did some research, insurance cost, mpg, running costs ect. To be honest I only get 24mpg out of my 2.5 TDi Navara, so the low MPG I can deal with :) But the tax is a bit of a shocker at £460 per year!

Still both me and my wife love the 350Z and both decided that maybe we should leave it for a bit and possibly look around for a older one.

Anyway..............dealer rang me back up yesterday and said that the 350 was still for sale.........so much for "It wont be here for long" and its now been reduced by £2000.

here the advert and I would love you input as to what you all think on the price etc? Sorry to waffle on :blush:

http://www.kapmotorgroup.co.uk/nissan/used-cars/view/506939/Nissan-350-Z-GT-Coupe

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

The ZED is Temper Orange, rather than "Russo" red :lol: (Rosso). Another Nissan dealer who do not know much about ZEDs. :doh:

The reduced price is not bad and there must be room for negotiation there as the market is very slow ;)

Hi there.

I would say thats getting to the right sort of money for a main dealer 313 car now, way too expensive before. I have been researching prices in this last week so have a pretty good feel at the minute.

+1 on the colour by the way.

I am however "aware" of a 2007 07 GT 296 available for considerably less: :teeth:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3277059.htm

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

The ZED is Temper Orange, rather than "Russo" red :lol: (Rosso). Another Nissan dealer who do not know much about ZEDs. :doh:

The reduced price is not bad and there must be room for negotiation there as the market is very slow ;)

Looks brilliant in that colour. Has to be one of my fav colours. That would really stand out and get peoples attention.

Price wise, i wouldnt bet on the dealer being flexible. When I bought mine they wouldnt drop the price by a penny. I tried every trick in the book and they just refused. I even walked away from one dealer and they still wouldnt drop. They would rather not sell the car and have to drop the price themselves than do a deal it seems. I did manage to get 6months tax thrown in on mine, but ended up having to pay full window price on it.

Thanks for all you comments guys. Can someone tell me what year the higher road tax started on these cars please? Would I be looking at pre 2006 for the lower tax bracket?

Also one thing I did notice about that Orange 350 was at closer inspection, it looks like the front lower lip part of the bumper has had a re-spray. Reason I say that is because you can see where "they" have masked off the lip the finished paint line is a bit rough. Plus slight orange peel affect to the finish too. Only slight...but it still looks like someone has had it redone by the looks of it. When I questioned this to the dealer, he didn't really say much apart from "I don't know, not as far as I know"....

Its at a good price - I'd be checking out the usual service history etc but if that was in order I'd be straight in there :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum BTW :wave:

Thanks, If I remember correctly, its had 1 owner from new, plus FSH.

Tax has just run out so that £460 which I would expect the dealer to pay.

Im 27, 5 years NCB. Plus wife as 2nd driver. £678 with Admiral :thumbs: Not far off the same to insure as my current 1996 Toyota Celica GT4!!!

Only thing putting me off it the high road tax cost, if it was the lower tax I would be there now signing the paperwork.

Just checked the DVLA for when the road tax is due, its just about to expire today, but they say the colour is Red?

Only thing putting me off it the high road tax cost, if it was the lower tax I would be there now signing the paperwork.

I dont like the fact the additional tax is effectively dead money, but its only an extra couple of hundered quid.

In the grand scheme of things on a car like the zed its buttons - its a couple of tanks of fuel (which doesnt last long). If you were unlucky enough to get a puncture on the way home it would end up costing you more than that to replace the tyre etc

Get it bought!

Welcome to the forum. So would the Celica go in favour of the proposed Z? The Temper was also a limited run colour, 2007 only. ;)

Looks more like a sort of pumpkin orange than the standard orange colour maybe its the light?

It's definitely Temper Orange. Few subtleties.

Welcome to the forum. So would the Celica go in favour of the proposed Z? The Temper was also a limited run colour, 2007 only. ;)

Looks more like a sort of pumpkin orange than the standard orange colour maybe its the light?

It's definitely Temper Orange. Few subtleties.

Hi Bronzee, no my 2008 Nissan Navara would go in favour for a 350z.