got to love those north wales roads....

buster

just a couple of pics from our little honeymoonin trip.....

honeymooning070.jpg

honeymooning103.jpg

had Mrs Buster(Netti) map reading and by god did she fine some crackers

honeymooning014.jpg

honeymooning009.jpg

honeymooning008.jpg

honeymooning011.jpg

found a nice B @ B in Betws y coed

honeymooning018.jpg

took some of the scenic fav roads to Snowdon but after that she was on a winner

honeymooning050.jpg

honeymooning062.jpg

stop at a slate mine and back to the roads

honeymooning108.jpg

somewhere on top of the world

honeymooning144.jpg

honeymooning145.jpg

honeymooning146.jpg

honeymooning148.jpg

honeymooning158.jpg

honeymooning154.jpg

honeymooning162.jpg

honeymooning165.jpg

honeymooning169.jpg

honeymooning168.jpg

honeymooning171.jpg

honeymooning174.jpg

honeymooning182.jpg

honeymooning181.jpg

honeymooning177.jpg

honeymooning178.jpg

honeymooning179.jpg

honeymooning138.jpg

honeymooning140.jpg

There's a few shots I recognise there, you managed to get to some of my favourite roads. Although that narrow single track doesn't look familiar.

Great pics by the way, some really ace ones and it looks like you both had a great time.

So erm no excuse for May next year then for your name to be downnon the Wales run?

I've been bless to have lake vyrnwy on my door step my whole life, my friend in school's father managed the hotel for years as well so we were always up there. Have you been to Llanrhaeadr waterfall as well? Its another beauty spot!

Never get bored of those roads and the scenery, snowdonia is beautiful as well!

There's a few shots I recognise there, you managed to get to some of my favourite roads. Although that narrow single track doesn't look familiar.

That's the road that runs from Betwys-Coed through Penmachno and joins up with the Ffestiniog moors at Pic 15, the one where Bob looks to be sitting on top of a miniture house :) . Not for the faint hearted, narrow bumpy, loose sheep, blind bends and even worse blind brows. Not too many passing places either. :lol: The other single track road is a real stunner, runs from just outside Bala over the mountains to Lake Vyrnwy , not been over there in 20 years but it still looks just like I remember it.

Nice set of photos :thumbs:

Pete

Oyy you, get off my roads. :lol::lol:

You were only 10 mins away,I could have made you a brew.If you used the A5 Corwen to Betws y Coed you passed the house so 10 seconds away.

(hot,dry,sunny, today...................guess what I'm doing after lunch :teeth: )

Oyy you, get off my roads. :lol::lol:

You were only 10 mins away,I could have made you a brew.If you used the A5 Corwen to Betws y Coed you passed the house so 10 seconds away.

(hot,dry,sunny, today...................guess what I'm doing after lunch :teeth: )

toll fee will be in the post..... :lol::teeth: shame were back home today.we did spot a sunset zed in Blaenau FFestiniog

was it you ?

honeymooning074.jpg

honeymooning075.jpg

really enjoyed the break and can t wait to return... :teeth:

That's the road that runs from Betwys-Coed through Penmachno and joins up with the Ffestiniog moors at Pic 15, the one where Bob looks to be sitting on top of a miniture house :) . Not for the faint hearted, narrow bumpy, loose sheep, blind bends and even worse blind brows. Not too many passing places either. :lol: The other single track road is a real stunner, runs from just outside Bala over the mountains to Lake Vyrnwy , not been over there in 20 years but it still looks just like I remember it.

Pete

One of the few roads I have not tried in the area for the Wales drives. Would love to use the B4407 that runs roughly parallel to that road which is a corker for one or two Zeds, but unsuitable for a convoy of ZEDs unfortunately.

In fact the loop including B4407, then the evo triangle round onto the B4501, A4212, and B4391 (the latter two roads and the evo being familiar for those who have done the Wales drives) offers a great variety of great driving roads that I guarantee will offer a lot of :D 's for those who love the Welsh roads ;) In fact with this weather I am very tempted to take run up there just to enjoy that route again and of course my favourite 13 miler through the Elan Valley :teeth:

And as we all love pics:

A4241 towards Ffestiniog

P1070032.jpg

Evo Triangle

P1070052.jpg

In the Elan Valley

P1060991.jpg

P1060081.jpg

Across Lake Vyrnwy Dam

th_P1060045.jpg

Elan Valley - beginning of the 13 miler (2009 recce - excuse the ***** after air was taken as maintaining 60mph along here is a great challenge in a ZED :teeth: )

th_P1050613.jpg

that little conical topped building on the lake Im sure is their posh restaurant!

Awesome! :thumbs:

Wouldn't that be great, sadly its nothing more than a filtration tower. It's actually 150 feet tall which will give you some idea of just how deep the lake is. Great place to visit and if you want to run a fast half marathon time then that's the place to go :lol: .

Pete

Pete

One of the few roads I have not tried in the area for the Wales drives. Would love to use the B4407 that runs roughly parallel to that road which is a corker for one or two Zeds, but unsuitable for a convoy of ZEDs unfortunately.

In fact the loop including B4407, then the evo triangle round onto the B4501, A4212, and B4391 (the latter two roads and the evo being familiar for those who have done the Wales drives) offers a great variety of great driving roads that I guarantee will offer a lot of :D 's for those who love the Welsh roads ;) In fact with this weather I am very tempted to take run up there just to enjoy that route again and of course my favourite 13 miler through the Elan Valley :teeth:

And as we all love pics:

A4241 towards Ffestiniog

P1070032.jpg

Evo Triangle

P1070052.jpg

In the Elan Valley

P1060991.jpg

P1060081.jpg

Across Lake Vyrnwy Dam

th_P1060045.jpg

Elan Valley - beginning of the 13 miler (2009 recce - excuse the ***** after air was taken as maintaining 60mph along here is a great challenge in a ZED :teeth: )

th_P1050613.jpg

Yeah, the B4407 is a stunning drive, not much traffic and in most places good visibilty. However, as you say it's a bit narrow but it is in most places not that difficult to pass oncoming vehicles. For me there would be two main problems with using this road for a run, too many sheep :lol: and getting stuck behind slow moving traffic as there really is nowhere you can overtake until you reach the junction of the Penmachno road when the road widens to two lanes. Here's a video I found on youtube, the small building Bob was sitting on comes at around 3:40....I think its a shelter/trough for the sheep up there, it's a pretty desolate place in the winter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbIc7w0tgy0

Pete

the road we took to the little sheep house building i was sat on was the b4406.in the video(at 3.40) above you can clearly see it as the turning on the right....to be honest it was a little tight in places but never saw one car all the time we were on it.

awesome scenery and well worth it. :teeth:

Excellent pics there - recognise more places there than not - not sure if thats good or bad :lol:

No excuses for anyone to miss Wales in May - its the best meet we currently have :#1:

Maybe want to change that to best meet "in Wales" Chris ;):p

Buster your honeymoon looks fab :thumbs: