Ferrari 458 spider

Will370z

Thinking about it, where does this leave the 458 coupe? Almost in no man's land really........surely only the complete Berlinetta hardcore will go for that now?

I'm sure the coupe will still be lighter and therefore marginally quicker but I'm sure that will be negligible.......

Same with the 430 - the coupe and spider will probably exactly the same in performance. I think in the 430 the coupe is better loking than the spider, but in the 458 the spider is better loking than the coupe - but would be nice to see it with the top up. Though it will probably never be taken out on days when you would have the top up anyway :lol:

However, the Aventador would be my choice right now. The distinct problem with the Aventador however is that its in a whole new price bracket, even from the 458.

The thing is that in time the 458 will just become one of the family - 348, 355, 360 430, 458, xxx, xxx etc etc.... The small lamborghinis are now going this way too, and its only if you go for the big brother Lambos that you get an "iconic" car regardless of its age - Countach, Diablo, Murci, LP640, Aventador. They are all iconic cars in their own right and dont blend into a line of cars. We may start to see some 458 coupes being part-ex'd now.

Either way, with just having got our planning applications approved, chopping in the 430 as part ex for anything other than bricks, cement and roof tiles right now is not going to happen. That and the fact the price difference from the 430 to an Aventador or 458 spider requires a lottery win :lol:

That and the fact the price difference from the 430 to an Aventador or 458 spider requires a lottery win :lol:

Ain't that the truth!

It seems only a few years ago when list prices for Gallardo's & 430's was £140k - £150k or so. Now your looking at £300k for an Aventador and circa £250k for a 458 Spider.

Don't they know there's a recession on!!! :lol:

That and the fact the price difference from the 430 to an Aventador or 458 spider requires a lottery win :lol:

TBF the jump from a 355/360 to a 430 is just as big, relatively speaking. The bastards :D

When I visited Maranello to discuss some business I got a tour of the road car factory - we went downstairs first, and as the 458 had literally just been released I was drooling, didnt even really register the 430 spiders on the same production line :D

My contact then said to me "Now we go see something special", stepped into a lift and we came out upstairs - according to him the only true Ferraris are the V12's, which are all made upstairs. It was pretty cool, it has to be said ......... but would you take a 599 over a 458?? ;)