Dealership lurking

Fred020

Hi,

I am looking for a nearly new 370z. 'Been lurking round the dealers. There seem to be a lot of "10" plate cars around with very low mileage, eg. 2500, 3000 miles. These are often 370z GT "connect premium". They seem over priced compared to brand new cars, usually they are within 2k of the brand new list price :wacko:.

Sigh. I suppose the stealer has to make a profit somehow. But what's with that low mileage? Are people buying 370s and selling them after 3 months ? And are the cars then just sitting around for 8 months ?

Jim.

A demo eh ? Okay-dokey. I wonder if that means it has been driven hard.

Eg. they are asking £27,995 for a "10" plate / 3000 mile GT Coupe (without connect premium but with satnav). At the same time, they are selling a brand new GT Coupe (connect premium) for just £200 more.

I guess the "10" plate car must have been made before Nissan made "connect premium" part of the GT package.

Eg. they are asking £27,995 for a "10" plate / 3000 mile GT Coupe (without connect premium but with satnav). At the same time, they are selling a brand new GT Coupe (connect premium) for just £200 more.

I guess the "10" plate car must have been made before Nissan made "connect premium" part of the GT package.

One will be MY2009 and the other will be MY2010. They could both be on 10 plates but they are different model years. Connect Premium was brought in with MY2010 and normal satnav was before this in MY2009. The price increase for Connect Premium over satnav was £200 IIRC, so there should be less of a difference than that on 2 second hand cars. Quite how they have a brand new car for £200 more I dont know, the RRP on them is now £35k+

If it's any help at all. I have an 11 Plate pre reg (delivery mileage only reg'ed 27/05/2011) GT pack WITH Connect for £27,549 in Storm Grey. :shrug:

Hi

One will be MY2009 and the other will be MY2010. They could both be on 10 plates but they are different model years. Connect Premium was brought in with MY2010 and normal satnav was before this in MY2009. The price increase for Connect Premium over satnav was £200 IIRC, so there should be less of a difference than that on 2 second hand cars. Quite how they have a brand new car for £200 more I dont know, the RRP on them is now £35k+

That info will be a big help with my browsing Chris I. However, I was mixed up. It is the "10" plate £27,995 used car that has the Connect Premium. Brand new prices are £29,750 (connect premium), or £28,200 without it. So Nissan are asking £1,550 for connect premium. Meanwhile the dealer is offering a year-old car for only £1755 less than the same car brand new :wacko:. Ouch. On the other hand, I can, for virtually the same cash, have a brand new car without NC or a "10" plate with it. What would you choose?

As Stew has suggested, a lot of so called high value demo's are usually cars driven by someone senior in the dealership usually the sales manager. I doubt very much that they would give a brand new 370Z to a salesman to thrash to death :shrug: , that was certainly the case at The Nissan dealer close to me.

Pete

Yeah, dont forget the showroom tax either, if your buying new...£700 on a 370 I think.... :lol:

When I got mine it was ~£400 for the first years tax and ~£400 showroom tax. This should be included on the OTR price though.

If it's any help at all. I have an 11 Plate pre reg (delivery mileage only reg'ed 27/05/2011) GT pack WITH Connect for £27,549 in Storm Grey. :shrug:

That's a good deal Fred, go buy it, not thrashed, brand new, all the bells and whistles :thumbs:

have a look at these nissan dealers, they all belong to the nissan High Performance Centres and mainly deal with nissans top cars; so the GTR's and zed cars,

http://www.nissan-dealer-hpc.co.uk/home ... dukpsgg002

they should have a good selection of performance nissan cars, and a good stock list hopefully in what your looking for.

That's a good deal Fred, go buy it, not thrashed, brand new, all the bells and whistles :thumbs:

If Marshalls can really sell the brand new coupe for 2.2k cheaper than the discounted price elsewhere, then I'm all ears. I suspect Martin's car will be a roadster, whereas I am after a coupe. Nissan are currently doing about 7k discount on roadsters, making the OTR price about 28,750 for the GT. Nice if you're a soft top fan.

My Z was definitely thrashed! After we bought it from a local approved dealer I was watching a vid of the Top Gear review of 370Z and I realised that the white one which appears right at the end of the video being driven round their track by the Stig is our car! :drive1

Still, at least she came with new tyres!