And you think our forum has idiots....

Lexx

While posts on a forum cant be used directly for prosecution (at a guess), I'd imagine they can be used as evidence to form a character profile of a defendant. If they are freqently admitting to driving stupidly then I guess a judge/jury would look very dimly when the defendant stands up in court to say they couldnt have avoided said accident.

Of course doing 90 down a motorway most of the time is no problem, but it is illegal and shouldnt be condoned on an open forum.

What I dont get is why people want to post how fast they have gone? In cars such as those with large engines with plenty of power, especially with modern chasis, it really isnt more than a case of holding your foot down for a matter of seconds before you can do silly speeds. No skill required. I dont get what there is to show off about :shrug:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so true 99% of the time, the amount of times I have been in moderately busy motorway traffic, someone steams past me at 90mph only for me to catch them up in 5 minutes due to general traffic flow.

I remember some years ago I used to buy loads of motoring magazines including Motor, Autocar, etc. Although the exact details escape me I do recall an article in one of them in which 2 identical cars were driven across France, one was given the brief to drive sensibly, stick to the speed limits, etc, the other one was to drive in a spirited manner. Over 300 or so miles only 15 minutes separated them at their destination. At the Wales II meet last year, together with Darren who was acting as rear gunner, I got stuck behind 2 slowish moving vehicles while the other Zed's roared away into the distance, I didn't see any of them after mile one till I arrived back at the hotel, they'd been there for a whopping 2 minutes and TBH I just plodded along for 60 miles or so. Colin was leading the main bunch so they wouldn't have been hanging around :lol:

Pete

What I dont get is why people want to post how fast they have gone? In cars such as those with large engines with plenty of power, especially with modern chasis, it really isnt more than a case of holding your foot down for a matter of seconds before you can do silly speeds. No skill required. I dont get what there is to show off about :shrug:

The number of complete tards Ive seen on video, showing their faces and numberplates while exceeding the speed limit massively/drifting/street racing is unbelievable. :bangin:

It's so true 99% of the time, the amount of times I have been in moderately busy motorway traffic, someone steams past me at 90mph only for me to catch them up in 5 minutes due to general traffic flow.

I remember some years ago I used to buy loads of motoring magazines including Motor, Autocar, etc. Although the exact details escape me I do recall an article in one of them in which 2 identical cars were driven across France, one was given the brief to drive sensibly, stick to the speed limits, etc, the other one was to drive in a spirited manner. Over 300 or so miles only 15 minutes separated them at their destination. At the Wales II meet last year, together with Darren who was acting as rear gunner, I got stuck behind 2 slowish moving vehicles while the other Zed's roared away into the distance, I didn't see any of them after mile one till I arrived back at the hotel, they'd been there for a whopping 2 minutes and TBH I just plodded along for 60 miles or so. Colin was leading the main bunch so they wouldn't have been hanging around :lol:

Pete

I don't think speed in this context is about getting from A to B quicker. I didn't buy a reasonably powerful sports car just so I could save 2 minutes on my journey to Tesco - it's a crying shame if people own cars like ours and don't enjoy the performance and speed (not necessarily 'speeding' :surrender: ) is part of that.

Boasting about it on a public forum is childish though, the fella obviously feels he has something to prove......