do you have to be over 21 or 25 to drive 350z?

shooter89

Guess the insurance companies just don't to insure young drivers on the Z!! I remember I couldn't even get a quote for a Impreza STI when I was 20 so had to buy a peug 106 1.1 instead :yuck: ....I would just accept the fact the Z is it of reach at the moment, save up for a few years and get a 370z :thumbs:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im afraid you made the schoolboy error of using a comparison website. The cheapers i got was 5k and when i went directly i got my insurance at 21 years old with a 5k crash 1 month previous for 1300 with all mods declared

I think whats even more interesting about this is that we know that insurance companies look into forums, like Sky Insurance for example, so the OP better have a spoofed IP address, lol

Being honest, I dont give a monkeys and do not 'investigate' behind the scenes. If the chap wants to drive with insurance not worth the paper it is written on, that is his look out.

I'm on this forum representing Sky Insurance , not the industry as a whole.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Without trying to state the bleedin' obvious again as I think most people have already done here, this thread can pretty much be summed up with one sentence:

You can't afford a 350Z right now.

There's a difference between able to buy a car and being able to run a car, and it looks like you can't afford to do the latter in this case.

Without trying to state the bleedin' obvious again as I think most people have already done here, this thread can pretty much be summed up with one sentence:

You can't afford a 350Z right now.

There's a difference between able to buy a car and being able to run a car, and it looks like you can't afford to do the latter in this case.

+1 The older zeds have become part of the hothatch priceband recently. Although they are getting cheaper the upkeep is still the same, if not more, than what they were when they were new.

I can't wait till the younguns of today get there hands on them and destroy them as it will start to make mines regain some value as they become rarer. :lol:

It's quite evident that you should hang on to your hot hatch until you can afford legit insurance and a bit more maturity about the whole idea.

If you have dodgy insurance and have an accident they will look into it. If you crash into someone, like a young mum with a child in her car and you kill that child you will find yourself in jail getting your wrongun pounded for a very long time i'm afraid

Whatever happened to the days of buying an absolute shitter of a car and driving that until you could afford to insure something decent?? :shrug:

I had a 1.1 Mk1 Fiesta, then a 1.2 Nova, then a 1.6 Orion, then a 1.8 Sierra before I got anything Id want to mention in public :D

Whatever happened to the days of buying an absolute shitter of a car and driving that until you could afford to insure something decent?? :shrug:

I had a 1.1 Mk1 Fiesta, then a 1.2 Nova, then a 1.6 Orion, then a 1.8 Sierra before I got anything Id want to mention in public :D

haha those days are gone lol.

My first was a saxo vtr and 6months later a a new c2 vts then a cooper s jcw (that was between the ages of 17 and 19) :lol:

The smallest engine i've ever owned was a 1.6 8v lol

two things:

CREDIT

RICH PARENTS

two things:

CREDIT

RICH PARENTS

Or the obvious one, work hard in a decent paid job.

two things:

CREDIT

RICH PARENTS

+1

two things:

CREDIT

RICH PARENTS

I did, I had to buy and insure all those cars myself and worked my arse off for it. If you can afford £7K+ for the car and then £3K+ a year on insurance at 19/20 you either dont have any kind of life, or are getting money elsewhere. ;)

two things:

CREDIT

RICH PARENTS

I did, I had to buy and insure all those cars myself and worked my arse off for it. If you can afford £7K+ for the car and then £3K+ a year on insurance at 19/20 you either dont have any kind of life, or are getting money elsewhere. ;)

I had a great life. At 17 years old i was in a well paid job and working my arse of for extra cash wherever I could. My parents havent got alot of money and I dont live in a huge multi million pound house. My saxo cost me 5k and insurance was pricey. The c2 i bought when i was 18 cost me 12.5k and my mini cooper s jcw cost me around 18k when i was 19. I worked for every penny to afford these vehicles and people are too quick to assume that young people dont earn alot of cash. I'm not gonna boast about how much I earn but I worked my balls off to earn the money to afford my cars and my lifestyle. I bought my zed at 21 and it wasnt a cheap one like some youngsters are buying. Even now at 23 I'm still knocking my pan in and I will be very quick to defend myself when people say stuff like the rich parents/credit stuff.

Enough bullshit from everyone I think and yes it is possible for young people to afford cars much better than these.

Another member on here had his nearly new zed at 18, and then an r35 gtr @ 21, he is a good friend of mine and has also burst his arse to get the fancy things he wants.

two things:

CREDIT

RICH PARENTS

So did you buy your cars outright then Neil? Thats quite an achievement at that age! I still get mine on credit :blush::lol:

Guess the insurance companies just don't to insure young drivers on the Z!! I remember I couldn't even get a quote for a Impreza STI when I was 20 so had to buy a peug 106 1.1 instead :yuck: ....I would just accept the fact the Z is it of reach at the moment, save up for a few years and get a 370z :thumbs:

I`ll second that. I couldnt afford to insure a flash car when i was that age, so drove about in a crappy old mini which cost me £20 to buy. Insurance was still £400 mind you.

two things:

CREDIT

RICH PARENTS

+1

:lol: sorry jay but you can;t plus one that.

as for docwra's original post i agree,

i bought all my cars outright for cash; paidd for by me, my parents never helped out; if i wanted a car i funded it might self, and even mananged to do it in my last 2 years at uni.

i sometimes think its why we see so many crashes, i worked my way up through the cars, built my experience and my skill through time and worked my way up. without being rude, i don't tend to take much notice of the very young drivers on forums giving their driving "advice". i tend to listen to those with experience or the background for it. yes there are some exceptions for instance lewis hamilton is younger than me, and i would take his advice quiet happily. but the local barry boy in his boo-yaka-shaa corsa with resistor mod and drilled holes in his exhaust can jog on. (i'm sure most people if they are really bothered can work out for them sleves where they fall on that scale :lol: )

OP - at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious have you tried adding an experienced driver (ie one of the folks) to see how much it brings your premiums down? To be fair it'll probs still be a shocker but might take a few quid off.

S.

i bought my zed at 21 without any no claims and the insurance was only 1k, which i find as cheap as i payed more on a 1.8 celica. i work hard for what i have and hate being called a daddy's boy as iv payed for every car iv owned

i bought my zed at 21 without any no claims and the insurance was only 1k, which i find as cheap as i payed more on a 1.8 celica. i work hard for what i have and hate being called a daddy's boy as iv payed for every car iv owned

you may have, but not every does ;)

Enough bullshit from everyone I think and yes it is possible for young people to afford cars much better than these.

Another member on here had his nearly new zed at 18, and then an r35 gtr @ 21, he is a good friend of mine and has also burst his arse to get the fancy things he wants.

Ummmm. Sorry mate, no-one gets a GTR at 21 without some luck featuring in there. I worked 70+ hours from the age of 18 (when I left college), I cant accept that there would be any way I could afford a £20K car at 18 and then insure it regardless of what I did for a living.

I now own a company that turns over 5m a year and I cant afford a GTR ........ sure, I could sell my house and buy somewhere much smaller, but to do that at 21?? :blink:

Fair play to you and your mate, always good to see someone grafting for what theyve got, but you cant tell me that anyone, anywhere could have a GTR at 21 if they worked hard, I cant accept that. :)

Ummmm. Sorry mate, no-one gets a GTR at 21 without some luck featuring in there. I worked 70+ hours from the age of 18 (when I left college), I cant accept that there would be any way I could afford a £20K car at 18 and then insure it regardless of what I did for a living.

I now own a company that turns over 5m a year and I cant afford a GTR ........ sure, I could sell my house and buy somewhere much smaller, but to do that at 21?? :blink:

Fair play to you and your mate, always good to see someone grafting for what theyve got, but you cant tell me that anyone, anywhere could have a GTR at 21 if they worked hard, I cant accept that. :)

is he a drug dealer neil?

thats the only way at that age i can think that someone can make enough money to buy a GTR; or working for the family business.

not saying either job isn;t hard work :lol: