Help Please!

liam42whu

Hey guys and girls,

I'm haveing a bit of a head F**K sorting out what to get suspension wise, i'm doing this purely for looks, although im expecting the handling to get at least a bit better.

so my problem, after a very long time searching on here and other sites i still cant decide to go for just springs or coilovers, if so which ones.

im looking for about a 40mm drop on the rear little less on the front, my budget is up £700 TOP!

Heres a pic so you guys can get a idea:

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

What size wheels are these ? :thumbs: yes the rear/car needs to be a little lower imo.

Mine has been lowered 30mm to get look you maybe after. As Ian has mentioned his coilovers will do a perfect job for you :thumbs:

_DSC0300.jpg

If you just want a drop, then springs are the perfect way to go. They are simply a plug and play solution.

As well as providing a drop, they will stiffen the car, slightly improving handling.

a 40mm drop is excessive in my opinion, and will be detrimental to the cars handling.

Not to mention, the near impossibility of driving on any road that isn't perfectly flat.

I had a 35mm drop at the front, and couldn't go anywhere with steep inclines!

If you just want a drop, then springs are the perfect way to go. They are simply a plug and play solution.

As well as providing a drop, they will stiffen the car, slightly improving handling.

a 40mm drop is excessive in my opinion, and will be detrimental to the cars handling.

Not to mention, the near impossibility of driving on any road that isn't perfectly flat.

I had a 35mm drop at the front, and couldn't go anywhere with steep inclines!

Couple of knowledgeable people saying 30mm drop, so I think that what I'm gonna go for I like the idea of springs because they are alot cheaper so I will go for that I think :thumbs:

i was dropped slighlty more than 30mm and my car scraped on slightly worn roads etc. The eibach springs are brilliant. I had them for a while. Just dont expect to get over every speed bump(big square in center of lane are a no-no) and mutlistorey carparks are a no go also

I would also go for springs anyday. I had the same dilema on my old mk4 golf and opted for a set of coil overs. Waste of money really as once I set the height up, i never ever adjusted them again. Then, within about 12 months they were seriously coroded and one of the front had already started to leak.

I threw them away and replaced them with some koni struts and springs.

If you lower the car any more than 30mm your standard shocks may not like it as you are restricting their range. I also personally wouldnt be going any more than 30mm, else you will have serious ground clearance issues.

I would also go for springs anyday. I had the same dilema on my old mk4 golf and opted for a set of coil overs. Waste of money really as once I set the height up, i never ever adjusted them again. Then, within about 12 months they were seriously coroded and one of the front had already started to leak.

I threw them away and replaced them with some koni struts and springs.

If you lower the car any more than 30mm your standard shocks may not like it as you are restricting their range. I also personally wouldnt be going any more than 30mm, else you will have serious ground clearance issues.

The main problem with lowering 30mm+ is that all the wheel allignment goes wonky. You will need to fit adjustable a-arms to get the camber back to where it should be. The drop links, ball joints and control arms etc all go out of allignment and can cause excessive wear.

• 2 weeks later...