Female Comedians

370nel

Watched some of the Comedy Garla on C4 the other night. Thought 50% of the male Stand ups were quite good, but the women :thumbdown:

A black women goin on about how black people dont build snow men, becuase its building a white person :doh:

Some blonde bird going on about big Knickers and periods, or something like that,

I think there was another called Shappi who was as bad........

Not a fan of female Stand-ups :thumbdown:

The only time I see several comedians in one go is at festivals, but I must admit I have found the same in my limited experience. Don't mind Shappi so much, she was ok on Question Time once.

Maybe it makes more sense to the ladies? :shrug:

Shappi Khorsandi is very funny. I'm also a fan of Jo Brand as she is so crass. I also have seen Sarah Millican at Jongleurs before and she was pretty good. Generally though, I must say I'm not a huge fan of female comediennes.

I've never seen a female comedian that's actually made me laugh! That Sarah Millican you're on about Al is awful IMO and as for that Shappi burd :surrender:

Both of them are a one line act, none of them are original and just plain unfunny. Sorry girls but they're shite, more of a laugh to be had with any female in normal conversation.

Just my opinion :thumbs:

I've never seen a female comedian that's actually made me laugh! That Sarah Millican you're on about Al is awful IMO and as for that Shappi burd :surrender:

Both of them are a one line act, none of them are original and just plain unfunny. Sorry girls but they're shite, more of a laugh to be had with any female in normal conversation.

Just my opinion :thumbs:

lol shappi is one of the funniest but in no terms nearly as good as other male comedians.

Saw Jo Brand once (friends bought tickets) and it was excrutiating in its laziness, arrogance and "take the money and run" attitude.

I was in the front row and lasted about 40 minutes and left to go to the bar. As I was leaving she said "going for a ****?". She got some laughs so when they died down I shouted back over my shoulder as I walked back up the centre aisle, "yeah - but the trouble is I'll be thinking of you so I'll be bloody ages". Got a bigger laugh and my friends who saw her reaction said she looked really pi**ed off. :teeth:

On the wider subject. You're right. I can't think of a single female stand-up with any "act" at all. Victoria Wood is talented but not a stand-up. A lot of so-called female comedians seem to have been picked for their colour and/or sex to fill quotas rather than their ability to make us laugh.

male comedian jokes range over any subject, female comedian jokes range over three things; periods, the male organ and men in general. yawn 95% of the time.

This is absolutely the reason. I have to say I'm glad I've found someone others who agree with me on this! It was only last night a friends and I were watching something on Dave and we were both saying it.

It's the same for comedians with different ethnic backgrounds, ALL they make jokes about are their race/country. Russell Peters is funny the first time you watch him, but eventually his jokes about his Asian father get boring. It's the same with Stephen K Amos and that woman who's always on Mock the Week making jokes about Nigerians. Frankie Boyle is pretty bad too. I mean the first time you watch him it's really funny, but then it ends up getting old. When he's not being obscenely vulgar he just makes EVERYTHING into a joke about Scotland. :dry:

Yup, never found female comedians funny, nothing sexist, their jokes just don't appeal to my sense of humour.

Also its like there "Delivery" and timing is on a YTS level. I think theres a lot of truth in the filling the Ethnic gaps, as for these comedians male or female i wonder how long it will be before they come up with some new material that isnt harping on about there culture...

Shappi = Middle class Asian females

The coloured Girl= British afro females

Jo Brand= Just fat old bags,,,lol