Am i being unresonable??

SteveRS

No its a private seller. It does have a good service history and was serviced the week that i went to view it. He said he had bought the car with the scratches already on it, and has owned it since 10k miles apparently he got it from s2000-4u.co.uk.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think about it do you really want to buy a car from a guy who's willing to drive around with "bald" tyres?? :scare: If the owner cannot be bothered to replace illgeal tyres just imagine how well the rest of the car has been maintained... :headhurt:

No not really, i had to point it out to him that his tyre was completely level with the wear indicator when i viewed the car.

As long as its not mechanically a "dog" then no problem. We all understand the dealer and their lack of customer service, so cleaning a car is nothing too much to worry about. But if the dealer sells a car which has items such as worn tyres they are likely to replace or reduce price.

I see what you're saying and judgement should prevail to sift out the "dogs".

I found my car via the Nissan dealership website.

The one I went to see had some panel gaps that made my mate and I wonder if it's had some sort of accident in it's history.

They did agree that it was all going to get sorted before handing over of the keys, but I still had an odd feeling, thus walked away

i just looked at the original red car, i sold mine on PX over a year ago and i got 12,500 for it, admittedly it wasn;t red, but it was ni on identical with the kit etc. but in better nick.

10.5k to 11k is not unreasonable if it was in perfect conditon, but with out the tyres and the mot i wouldn't pay for it,unless it was about 9k.

if he had it mot'd - halfords auto centres were doing half price mot's when i did my S2k 3 weeks ago. so 27 quid.

and a set of nankangs for the rear are about 60 quid; even if he went online he could get a set of part worns for abotu the same price for better tyres (yes i know neither tyre choice is ideal, but if he wanted to spend the minimum to get it ready for sale) he's looking at spending less than a ton; and he'll get back 11k.

that is of course if nothing else is wrong,

if thats the minmum that needs doing you could even offer to meet him half way, say you'll add in 50 quid to share the cost on the final price if he gets those sorted.

if its the car you like and nothing else is wrong, for the sake of 50 quid it could get you the car you want.

I'm having doubts about it now, after getting opinions from you guys. I don't want to spend £11k of my hard earned cash on a potential money pit. I was allowing £1k to put the body work right in my budget. Who knows the clutch could go the day after I buy it, costing more money. I was just looking at it in the way that I would be picking up a facelift model for quite a good price.

I see you what you're saying but the chap selling sounds lazy, especially running round on a very worn tyre. What if he was running round with an engine management light for 6 months then got it fixed. First impressions count and personally I'd walk away.

There will be an example out there better than expectations for sure

I see you what you're saying but the chap selling sounds lazy, especially running round on a very worn tyre. What if he was running round with an engine management light for 6 months then got it fixed. First impressions count and personally I'd walk away.

He didn't seem very passionate about the car which worries me also, and like you say driving around on a bald tyre isn't good, not what you would expect from a guy who is in the RAF and training to be a helicopter pilot, you would think his vehicle checks and maintenance would be spot on!

He didn't seem very passionate about the car which worries me also, and like you say driving around on a bald tyre isn't good, not what you would expect from a guy who is in the RAF and training to be a helicopter pilot, you would think his vehicle checks and maintenance would be spot on!

A big shame really :dry:

Not sure what to say - you seem to like the car and following the hart can cost money!

He's not sold it yet and as already said £11k no MOT that's not going to fly out the door.

I would say -

Walk away find another plenty to choose from.

If your still keen -

Go back to you £10.5K offer use the difference for an RAC/AA inspection

or

tell him £10k in 4 weeks when still hasn't sold it subject to inspection. (I really think he will have trouble selling with no MOT)

mate i got mine for 13k with 12k miles on the clock, 2008 313bhp, white leathers, nav e.t.c

Its a buyers market, take your time, buy a good low milage car and then put the kit on yoruself, youll find a good one if u wait

thats what im doing, i bought the best car mechanically and bodywork wise and im going todo the work myself, that way theres nothing to hide

Personally I would not worry about it and move on. You will always find sellers who want more than you are willing to pay for an item, regardless of whether that items are car or a television. If you cant agree on a price, just move on. Must better to do that than to end up paying more than you want for an item as you`ll always regret it.

When I bought my zed, I saw another one first, although it wasnt the colour I wanted. I offered the seller 1k less than they wanted and they turned it down. I walked. In the end the seller was stuck with the car and had to drop the price to nearly 3k less than he wanted to shift it.

I can kinda understand things from the sellers perspective. If he is trying to sell a car, already making a loss on it, he is not going to want to spend much money on it as he knows he wont get that money back. But, unfortunately they need to realise that they DO have to spend some cash on the car else they really will struggle to sell it. In the past ive bought new tyres, done a full MOT and even forked out having bodywork restored & repainted in order to make a car look top notch to sell.

mate i got mine for 13k with 12k miles on the clock, 2008 313bhp, white leathers, nav e.t.c

Its a buyers market, take your time, buy a good low milage car and then put the kit on yoruself, youll find a good one if u wait

thats what im doing, i bought the best car mechanically and bodywork wise and im going todo the work myself, that way theres nothing to hide

I've considered this as an option but i dont think my budget will stretch to buy a kit and have it sprayed after purchasing a standard zed. I've got about £12k-£13k to spend in total. How much would a nismo kit cost me to buy and spray?

i agree with you, if he gets the MOT done then it may be worth 11k. if he cant be bothered to pay 30 quid for the MOT then he knows something you dont. i would walk away and wouldnt go back, even if he drops it to 10.5k, if he cant be bothered to sort an MOT out then thats telling me the car hasnt been looked after.

for that money you would get a minter, and you should continue your search for a looked after zed.

A full original Nismo plus painting I'd say is knocking on the door of 2k. In hindsight I wish I bought a 2005 GT spec at say 11k 2 years ago. With the 5k I'd save on purchasing a vehicle I could do pretty much anything. Considering I've spent a heck load more I could have gone twin turbo or SC and bodykit. (taking into account I paid 16k for mine)

Seriously if you have the vision of modifying you'll save more money by getting the cheaper tax version and personally a better engine than the Revup. It's great but I could have done a load more had I not been so greedy and wanted a newer low mileage. Also consider depreciation. A car at £16k will lose me more money than one at £9k. (for instance)

If you want to mod and bodywork is first on the list then potentially power I'd go for a cheaper based car. :thumbs: