Am i being unresonable??

SteveRS

Next time he contacts you say you've reduced your offer down to £10,750 due to being so pathetic.

I should have done this already but i like to think im a reasonable guy so i haven't dropped the offer yet. He's clearly had no offers apart from mine, im sticking to my guns on this one and i wont be offering a penny more. He has had more than enough chances to accept my offer, of which i think is a generous one.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the £11k offer went back in today, which he declined again saying the MOT, service, tyres, had been done and didn't want to drop the price again. These things are all essential when selling, i dont get it he is driving a hard bargain! He said he thinks £11250 is a good price for the car. :wacko:

I replied and told him i understand that the essential works have been carried out but there is still the issue with the bodywork which is going to be costly, and the fact that the road tax is due in 1 Month. I made it clear to him that taking all this into consideration £11k is my best and final offer. :boxing: He keeps contacting me, he obviously wants to sell it to me but just keeps trying to claw that extra bit of cash.

No reply as yet! The bloke is bloody crazy for the sake of £250 he could have sold the car, which he no longer uses and could have a nice sum of money in his sky rocket!!! :doh:

why do you want this car? Nice people sell nice cars...

I hope not but it sounds like the guy isnt nice and i can bet he hasnt taken care of the car. He could of sold his car that he no longer uses, remember he didnt even have an mot or legal tyres, doesnt sound like he cares for it much. all IMO of course. :thumbs:

Like I've said before the car has a very good and up to date service history, it now has an MOT which it passed as the tyres had been changed. There is some scratches to the bodywork but I'm prepared to get this sorted. The car has done mostly motorway miles. The bodywork is the main issue otherwise if it was in mint condition you wouldn't think twice about buying it. Because there is bodywork damage I'm in a position to get it for a good price and use the money I have set aside to put it right.

The guy is a nice bloke to be fair, he just seems to be being difficult with selling it to me, he obviously feels it's worth more to him. If there was some underlying problem he wasn't telling me about, he would have taken my money and run by now.

Like I've said before the car has a very good and up to date service history, it now has an MOT which it passed as the tyres had been changed. There is some scratches to the bodywork but I'm prepared to get this sorted. The car has done mostly motorway miles. The bodywork is the main issue otherwise if it was in mint condition you wouldn't think twice about buying it. Because there is bodywork damage I'm in a position to get it for a good price and use the money I have set aside to put it right.

The guy is a nice bloke to be fair, he just seems to be being difficult with selling it to me, he obviously feels it's worth more to him. If there was some underlying problem he wasn't telling me about, he would have taken my money and run by now.

service history IMO means nothing. Did he use 99ron? Did he rag it from cold. The way he is doing everything means that anything done sounds like a botch.

Obviously you know the guy now and you say he is a nice guy but your doing him no favours, you make him sound like a right git :lol::lol:

I see what your saying, and I respect everyones opinion on here this is why I started the post. He was a nice guy when I met him, but he is as you say turning into a git, but that's only because he doesn't give me much feedback on my offers and leaves it then eventually gets back to me a week or so later when he can't sell it because he has over valued the car.

Just for reference what damage could it do to the car not using the correct fuel? I thought you could use 95 Ron but it would effect the mileage you would get out of the car?

Tell him to **** off. If he had other buyers he would have sold it by now. He doesn't.

Tell him your offer decreases £250 a month in line with the cars depreciation. In amonths time he is going to have to tax or sorn the car. If he sorns it he won't be legally able to drive it, so will have to tax it.

Plus you've got to fix bodywork and internal stuff!>!!>!> :wacko:

I honestly think you are putting too much weight on the Nismo kit.

Anyone that refuses to fix the body work, fit legal tyres and provide an mot and a reasonable amount o tax, does not deserve to sell their car when so many others are stuggling.

I'd refuse to give this guy a penny personally.

I see what your saying, and I respect everyones opinion on here this is why I started the post. He was a nice guy when I met him, but he is as you say turning into a git, but that's only because he doesn't give me much feedback on my offers and leaves it then eventually gets back to me a week or so later when he can't sell it because he has over valued the car.

Just for reference what damage could it do to the car not using the correct fuel? I thought you could use 95 Ron but it would effect the mileage you would get out of the car?

It wont damage it as such, but for example look at lets say bulletmagnets car. Speak to him look at his car you can tell he takes cares of it. This IMO is worth alot more than a crappy stamp and an oil change with the wrong viscosity (hello 80% of all nissan dealers). Or me I dont use a dealer to get my oil changed but I do it myself every 5-6k with silkolene. I bet my engine is cleaner than his. I dont rag it from cold. I take care of my car as do 99% of most owners on here. This is why buying from the forum is better.

Im not saying he is a git, I dont know the guy. Its how you are protraying him that i preceive him. From everything you have said makes him sound like a git. As Sarnie has said if he did have other buyers it would have gone by now. I personally think and am only saying this because the forum is here to help people but to leave the car unless its alot cheaper. I know your the one with the money to burn but everyone has posted in here has taken time out to type their opionion to help you. You could ignore the opinions as you dont have to take all of them on but people have said what they have for your benifit :thumbs: