Does Nissan 350z have a french engine?

Blackie

While its a common (Clarkson originating) misconception that the Zed has a Renault engine its most def a Jap VQ series engine which have been on the Wards list of best engines for something like 10 years running - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine#VQ35DE

On another note its not much of a slight as didn't Renault win several F1 world championships using their own engines? - I'd say they have a fair idea how to build a performance engine.

I had a lancia d with a supermirafiori 1.6 and a mazerati 4200gt with a Ferrari v8. They were good engines...the zeds is ok...

Plus the 313 has to be French as the clutch slave cylinder is in the clutch...typical French stupidity :rant:

As far as I know Nissan is still planning to borrow big engines from Mercedes in future.

That would seem to be the case. I'm guessing that Nissan and others don't see a long term future in big engines :shrug:

Pete

• 7 months later...

I'm a big Renault fan...I've had 2 Williams Clios and thay had fantastic engines, my second willy was a tatty daily runner with 170k on the clock, out of interest i stuck it on the rollers and it made 152bhp! The 182 and 200 clios are cracking motors too and I don't think anyone can be in any doubt that the Megane 250 and 265 is anything other than superb.

My brother and pal both had a 106 rallye and those bad boys revved all day long, only 1.3 with 100bhp but so much fun and you couldn't help but ring their neck day in and day out.

I nearly bought a phase 2 V6 over the Zed....to be honest if the wife hadn't had such a dislike for them I'd have one tucked up in the garage now....that said i'm chuffed I have the zed in there now.

In fact, all this has got me thinking about a phase 1/2 106 rallye with the 16v gti engine in it, stripped and ready for some track action again....cheap and bags of fun!

Theres a 500hp 205 GTI for sale on Pistonheads at the moment ......... :thumbs:

That would keep me entertained no end.....of course, i would be dead very quickly.

In fact, all this has got me thinking about a phase 1/2 106 rallye with the 16v gti engine in it, stripped and ready for some track action again....cheap and bags of fun!

friend of mine has a rallye brilliant little car!

They are little fire crackers...I'm off to have a look on the rallye forum, sometimes there are some cracking project threads on there...may snoop in the for sale section too.

As much as i love the Zed sometimes it does cross my mind to get something like a deisel BMW estate for work and the dogs and a clio or pug for cheap track day fun....i always used to love the old clio 16v cup racers and if you can find them for sale now they are very reasonable and don't take much to get them road legal to drive to and from your day at the track.