Does Nissan 350z have a french engine?

Blackie

I had party last night and few friends of mine said that my 350z have french engine. Renault Clio has 3L, Zed have 3,5 L engine so surely can't be same engine!? Unless its changed by the piston stroke?

V6 used in the Clio was a widely used Citreon/Renault joint developed unit.

just out of interest whats wrong if it is a french engine? its not like they don't build some good cars

Name one decent French petrol engine......... :snack:

french cars with a french engine in.

205 GTi

clio V6

clio 182 and 172 cup think the 182 won last years Evo car of the year against things like the evora etc.

renault 5 turbo

306GTi6

citreon ds3 rally edition/special edition thing

just out of interest whats wrong if it is a french engine? its not like they don't build some good cars

There is nothing wrong with that! I was just wondering.

sorry karolina not aimed at you, but lots of others feel dirty if they think there car is associated with something french. :lol::lol:

Name one decent French petrol engine......... :snack:

french cars with a french engine in.

205 GTi

clio V6

clio 182 and 172 cup think the 182 won last years Evo car of the year against things like the evora etc.

renault 5 turbo

306GTi6

citreon ds3 rally edition/special edition thing

No, you got it wrong mate, he asked for decent ones only ;)

Yes and in the 80's hot hatch stakes. I'll love the memory of my 205 1.9 GTi at 18 years old back in the day forever!

The Japs win at the V6 game though.. oh wait, what about the Pug 605 V6? No wait.. only joking :console:

Indeed, my GTI-6 is faster than the Zed in real life and more fun too. And cost about the same as 4 tyres. :boxing:

Ive also got a 207 HDi that averaged 52.3mpg on the way to Newcastle the other day, despite not being overtaken by anything :blush:

Ironically Renault has made better engines than Nissan in the last decade. The Clio 197/200 engine beats the Civic Type-R engine in every way (torque, emissions, economy) they just don't over-hype it like Honda. The Megane 250 engine is known to put out closer to 270bhp.

The VQ series dates back to 1994 and it's well past its sell-by date now. It does a reliable job but it's no classic like the RB and SR series.

As far as I know Nissan is still planning to borrow big engines from Mercedes in future.