what gloves to use when doing mechanical work.

andlid

hey, been doing some mech stuff on the bike the last two days, front pads replacing and cleaning the caliper pistons. got my rear caliper yesterday and spent a few hours fixing up the seized pistons :rant: (so much for selling me a fully working part). Anyway, been suspected to a lot of brake fluid and can feel that it's eating up my fingers... :headhurt: so my question is:

what gloves do you guys use?(when doing stuff on your car etc) Used gloves today but jesus they where useless so ended up in the bin! I've washed my hands 5-7 times now and can still smell that bloody brake fluid...

only where gloves for spray painting as paints a bitch to get off and i don't want to get any grease from my hands on the cleaned parts.

as for mechanical; never wear gloves, never have worn gloves, never will wear gloves, ... because i don't have a mangina :lol:

at most if i was struggling with my hands and certain chemicals i'd possibly use a barrier cream but thats about it. i like to have full feeling through my finger tips etc, especially when you're doing some things blind etc.

If you get dirty hands :doh: doing mech work, best tip for cleaning your hands is sugar and fairy liquid, drop of water and work your mitts together, works a treat if you have no hand cleaner, and its cheaper than buying swarfega from Halfrauds... :thumbs:

:surrender: I'm a mangina!

Getting some latex ones for the next time I work on brakes, hate working on brakes... the more mech work I do the more I think I should just work a few extra hours in work and pay someone else do it for me :D

(win win)

I (and everyone else) now have to wear gloves as part of PPE when visiting or working on building sites ... H&S gone mad IMO

i laugh in the face of health and safety... of course no one can here me from behind my dust mask :lol:

If you get dirty hands :doh: doing mech work, best tip for cleaning your hands is sugar and fairy liquid, drop of water and work your mitts together, works a treat if you have no hand cleaner, and its cheaper than buying swarfega from Halfrauds... :thumbs:

:dry: I don't get it, you never get dirty working on the car? my hands are always black whatever I do :lol::blush: like that though, but doesn't work well with black nails going bakc into work in a suit :teeth:

I (and everyone else) now have to wear gloves as part of PPE when visiting or working on building sites ... H&S gone mad IMO

i laugh in the face of health and safety... of course no one can here me from behind my dust mask :lol:

H&S is over rated :yawn:

Common sense >>> Health & safety