The varying price of fuel.............

glrnet

I have the pleasure and displeasure of travelling quite extensively in this country of ours which is great because I've seen so much of it that I wouldn't have seen normally. One of the displeasures, and it's worse now than I can ever remember is the varying price of Diesel fuel for the van. In the last 8 days or so I have been to, amongst other places, Nottingham, Mansfield, Dunstable and Colchester. The cost of Diesel per litre in and around Dorking in Surrey varies from 140.9p per litre to 145p per litre (this is the same price as Fleet services on the M3!!) and they are no more than 4 miles apart, both on the A24 going towards the M25. Why would you go to the dearer one? The highest I've seen so far anywhere is 149.9 :ninja:

In Dunstable, Nottingham and Mansfield it's as low as 136.9p. Now maybe it's just because I'm an old fart and I remember gallons!!? The difference of prices per litre of my local garages is now 4p a litre, that's more than 16p a gallon, let's say on average £1.60 a tank full, that's not a lot you might say but fill the thing on a daily basis and it adds up, the point is if it's not in my pocket then it's in someone other buggers', the garages and the oil company!! Years ago those garages would have been boycotted, so is it that we can't be bothered any longer or because the difference is seen as only the litre price!!!? Have we just become a nation of whimps or are the oil companies too clever by half? I for one won't buy at the higher priced garages, I wish more wouldn't if they could and maybe it would make a difference, or on the other hand am I just being naive?

Sorry for the ramble :)

The idea to boycott petrol stations will never work, but i have come up with something that will. We get everyone to boycott one petrol company, say BP, until they lower their prices.

As soon as they lower their prices then the other stations will be forced to follow, right...................................................

:boxing:

If anyone posts that cretinous petrol boycott chain mail in response to this they die..................die with fire.

*Dan like this*

I fill up when the car needs fuel, and for the odd quid here or there I couldn't care less how much it costs. What I could save over a year (£50?) I'd waste in my own free time driving around trying to find the cheapest place, and my free time is more important than £50. :thumbs:

i filled up on the A64 at £1.50 a litre, i had stopped 20 miles back but refused to pay what i thoguht was high at £1.45 per litre, but buy the time i got to the 1.50 garage i was on vapours. i was not impressed to say the least,

must admit i find where i am quiet cheap in comparsion i think its about 1.40 per litre,

(those were all prices for 99 ron)