South Wales Newbie (now with pics on p3)

:wave: Long time lurker, first time poster. :teeth:

I've been thinking about buying a 350z for a few years now but ultimately had to scratch my subaru itch first. After two years of ownership, I sold my Subaru last week so am now learning as much about the 350z as possible. 350z's seem thin on the ground in South Wales and a scan at the classifieds reveal no sub 50k gunmetal GT cars within a reasonable distance away. Saying that I did view a nice example in Pembrokshire yesterday but am concerned that the brake disks have quite a lip and maybe due a change soon. From reading the forum, new disks and pads can be quite expensive compared to other marques? The car had touring alloys and not rays, no sat nav or parking sensors but did have bluetooth. I've made an offer i light of the fact it didn't have the desirable extras so will see what happens.

Looking forward to 350z ownership :)

:welcome:

Whereabouts in South Wales are you?

I'm based in Neath Ian.

Thanks for the welcome guys :clap:

@LordGrover. I don't think I've seen any Newport based cars in my search so far. I've been looking on here, pistonheads, ebay and autotrader. Am I missing any other popular websites for 350Z hunting?

Well ownership is one step closer this evening. The owner of the car I went to view called and accepted my offer :)

Just got to HPI it and sort out a deposit now, then they will remove the private plate and I'll go and collect. :thumbs: Not sure how long this will take but hope it's quick (Bet DVLA will take ages to process the V5).

Well ownership is one step closer this evening. The owner of the car I went to view called and accepted my offer :)

Just got to HPI it and sort out a deposit now, then they will remove the private plate and I'll go and collect. :thumbs: Not sure how long this will take but hope it's quick (Bet DVLA will take ages to process the V5).

does this one have an aftermarket exhaust system on it ?

I think i saw it in Carmarthen last week - but owned by someone living outside Haverfordwest ?

:welcome: The biggest delay will be in getting the V5 logbook back rather than actually being able to take the plate off.

It sometimes can take weeks for the V5 to come back but ultimately its in the buyers interest to complete the new owner bits and send it off once the DVLA have processed the change,

I think i saw it in Carmarthen last week - but owned by someone living outside Haverfordwest ?

No it's totally standard (at the moment ;) ) but is based near Narberth.

:welcome: The biggest delay will be in getting the V5 logbook back rather than actually being able to take the plate off.

It sometimes can take weeks for the V5 to come back but ultimately its in the buyers interest to complete the new owner bits and send it off once the DVLA have processed the change,

Thanks for the info Ricey. I think I'll investigate doing a straight forward sale initially & see if I can transfer plate onto their other car myself with no extra costs incurred by me. Don't really want to pay a deposit and sit and wait for 2/3 weeks while the paperwork is sorted...hmmmm. Time to get searching the internet and see what's what.

No it's totally standard (at the moment ;) ) but is based near Narberth.

:bounce: oo, oo where where ! - I haven't seen one around here, other than the one Milford side of H/West :bounce:

It's this one "click me", situated just north of Narberth, near Maenclochog. :thumbs:

While we are getting all local, any good petrol stations in Narberth or East of Narberth to fill the tank with super unleaded for my journey back to Neath?

As for the plate situation, I've decided I'm going to leave the seller sort it all out first. The car is on a smallholding that I couldn't find with directions and a satnav so I don't think the miles will rise too significantly.

So what have you got ioneabee?