People that have a Abbey Uprev tune

Mark@Abbey m/s

We been tuning your cars with the Uprev system for over a year now.

I thought I would ask for a little feedback from people that have tuned by Abbey.

I would just like a few words what part of the Uprev you liked most after the re-map?

Was you happy with the results?

Will you do any more tuning to your car?

What else would you like from the Uprev re-map if possible?

thanks

Mark

Mark,

as you know I had the car done end of January.

Previously had a D1 speed controller so was not expecting it to be much different really but I was very surprised with the results.

The throttle is much more responsive a bit like the D1 but not as jerky, much more smooth and linear. What surprises you most is the pull you get in every gear it really is impressive. Add to that a slightly better fuel economy (once you stop enjoying the torque) and it really makes sense.

Best money I have spent on the car, only thing I would say is get everything else done first to see the best results :thumbs:

I won't be doing any more tuning to the car as I got everything done that I wanted first and I am more than happy with the results.

Only thing that would be better would be if you could get even better performance and better MPG :lol:

Dave

I guess everybody is going to be different, mainly because it depends if they are just going for the Uprev on it's own, to benefit the throttle response and fuel savings, or for those going with a couple of mods or more etc.

Personally, I love the throttle response, I never noticed any fuel savings as my mpg went south!

The benefit of the remap for me was purely to allow the mods to be mapped.

Something I'd like would be multi maps.

Valet Mode

Economy

Middle of the road (not literally of course)

Performance

:thumbs:

Very happy with results , car is much quicker to 60 , more grunt all the way up the range , doubt any more mods as i think ive gone as far as i can without going f1 & thinking about selling & getting a 370 , no appeal on multi-maps ,imo no point unless you are f1 , Abbey do all works on my z ,nice people ,experts & cheaper than main dealer . :thumbs:

Ive been using the UpRev map for a while now and the difference was incredible, completely different animal, as i dont care about the fuel consumption and considering what the car is used for Mark eeked every ounce of power he could from it safely and gave me the 1-1 throttle map as well.

Great results and the timesheets spoke for themselves, the car is a joy to drive :drive1

just need to improve the driver now :)

Mark,

More than happy to give feedback given the service was so excellent.

Biggest thing for me was the continuous power delivery all the way through every gear. The car picks up and just goes. In contrast to my initial perceptions of me wheel spinning and being thrown into the back of my seat every time I touch the accelerator I actually find the car far more drivable. I think as the delivery is more instant and contiuous the car is easier to anticipate, you get more feedback and it feels more natural. It's how the car should have been.

I have noticed a drop in mpg though whilst cruising on the motorway but it's nothing significant.

Once again thanks for the work, I will definitely be recommending this upgrade to others and for you guys to carry it out :#1:

• 2 weeks later...

hi mark i will be contacting you to do mine. whatever you feel would advantage the car, took it on the track at japfest last week looking for something a little more. currently has full stainless system janspeed rear box/ powerflow pipe. gen 2 k&n fully ducted cone air filter. up rev plenum spacer catch tank etc? will be guided by you mate. how long would you need the car ideally? mike

The smooth pwr delivery following Uprev with Plenum and revised panel filter you fitted, together with the DC exhaust already in place was noticeable immediately - even with the 97 octane fuel that was still in the tank :thumbs:

May be slightly in the head - but I felt those extra horses immediately with car pulling strong throughout the rev range.

Note. 97 Octane was my error, as I hadn't picked-up the fact that the Z should run 99 - which it now does.

I had my JDM roadster delimited and then you fitted a Japspeed Y pipe and an UpRev remap in Nov or Dec 2010

She felt so much more responsive - it was as if she'd been released after being held back, and it felt like the engine was enjoying giving the response it had wanted to all along. :thumbs:

Very happy with the result. I expect to finish off the rest off the exhaust with a midpipe and backbox very soon (Japspeed K2 as I want to be able to listen to music when on the motorway, sorry to all you K1 purists)

You guys at Abbey will fit the plenum spacer once the funds have recovered, and tweak her again - so I'll probably see you later in 2011! ;)

The smooth pwr delivery following Uprev with Plenum and revised panel filter you fitted, together with the DC exhaust already in place was noticeable immediately - even with the 97 octane fuel that was still in the tank :thumbs:

May be slightly in the head - but I felt those extra horses immediately with car pulling strong throughout the rev range.

Note. 97 Octane was my error, as I hadn't picked-up the fact that the Z should run 99 - which it now does.

Mick, I thought you was running 95 octane fuel? Your okay to run the car on 97 thou.

pleased your happy with car after the Uprev tune.

yep 97 is good for standard cars, we are just sorting a 95 octane map out for these cars thou , so hopefully in 3/4 weeks we will be able to offer a 95 octane map via a postal service ( you send me the ECU I will upload a map and send it back to you)

Mark

You remapped mine 313 a year ago when it was standard, apart from a pair of K&N panel's. It made a big difference in driveability and getting full throttle in the lower three gears was a big boost. Last month you fitted the Motordyne decats with their Y pipe and single sports cat and remapped to suit. This has made a massive difference to the pulling power right the way through the rev range it really just gets up and goes. I can't find your rolling road sheets but i suspect the torque is much improved with a flatter curve at least. Extremely happy with it in every way, and highly recommend it. :clap: Can't comment on fuel economy as if I want that I drive the Panda!! :D I have always used V Power, which I think is 98 ron, that probably makes no different to other high octane brands though.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, just over month ago (just before the Wales weekend) I took my Zed in to Abbey to get my JDM callipers, discs, lines and pads replaced for a set of refurbished and beautifully painted Brembos (thanks ZMANALEX). At the same time I also got them to replace my Y Pipe with a Stillen model which I bought from Tarmac (thanks!) and then fit a Motordyne plenum spacer and carry out an Uprev once all the new parts had been fitted to the car.

Firstly I want to say that the guys at Abbey were really friendly, approachable and they clearly know their stuff. They were totally happy to answer any questions I had and let me know what they planned to do with the car despite being manically busy with customer enquiries and other work. It’s reassuring to know you’re dealing with people who are going to be very professional and respectful about the way they handle your car while they’re working on it.

The difference in the car is very noticable; the immediacy of response in 1st, 2nd and 3rd is fantastic and makes the car much more driveable. It also makes the journey up the box (Ooer missus!) in to 4th and beyond a real pleasure. I think I gained about 18 BHP, although I'm basing that on a 2003 car having had no previous work being carried out on the engine that I’m aware of. To be honest I got the UpRev done for the improved responsiveness as much as any power increase and I have to say it really does the job. :drive1

The car feels much ‘keener’ and it might just be me but the power delivery also feels smoother in some way. I would recommend an UpRev to anyone wanting to get a ‘relatively inexpensive’ improvement to responsiveness, drivability and power. The Service Abbey provided to me was excellent and I really would recommend them to any member of the forum and those just browsing this forum.

Thanks Abbey (Scott, Will and Mark especially), top work fella’s :thumbs:

I guess everybody is going to be different, mainly because it depends if they are just going for the Uprev on it's own, to benefit the throttle response and fuel savings, or for those going with a couple of mods or more etc.

Personally, I love the throttle response, I never noticed any fuel savings as my mpg went south!

Valet Mode

Economy

Performance

Not had it done, yet, but I was under the impression that it was a multi map, maybe been fed wrong info, still on the list though :thumbs:

Valet Mode

Economy

Performance

Not had it done, yet, but I was under the impression that it was a multi map, maybe been fed wrong info, still on the list though :thumbs:

I think Mark said the multi map (or maybe just 2 maps??) couldn't be done on the uk ecu but can on the US or Jap? Not sure.

Mine's in their workshops at the moment for service and tune up package inc UpRev :teeth:

Think I may go for an uprev soon, I was going to wait until I had invested in a new exhaust etc but as I understand it I in effect 'buy the licence' with the initial payment and then just pay for you guys time if I add mods and you adjust the uprev to suit those new mods?

(I think in effect I have answered myself but am posting just to confirm it, also the info may be of use to other owners :thumbs: )

Think I may go for an uprev soon, I was going to wait until I had invested in a new exhaust etc but as I understand it I in effect 'buy the licence' with the initial payment and then just pay for you guys time if I add mods and you adjust the uprev to suit those new mods?

(I think in effect I have answered myself but am posting just to confirm it, also the info may be of use to other owners :thumbs: )

Correct - your first purchase includes the Uprev Licence, and any future tuning will just be for dyno time. Unless there's forced induction, which demands increased dyno time.