Horsham appreciation thread

M9O OEY

Met Jez today and had the plenum spacer + uprev done. Fantastic service and great guy. Had a good laugh with the guys at Surrey rolling road.

I'd highly recommend Jez and Horsham Developments to anyone. I'll certainly be going back for more.

• 1 month later...

My second visit to see Jez and Carl at Horsham Developments yesterday and would like to thank them both for their sterling work. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I eventually got my Horsham supplied HEL brake lines fitted along with a brake fluid swap and suspension alignment.

You really cannot go wrong with Horsham Developments, excellent service yet again :#1:

Just to echo the previous comments in this thread I would fully recommend H-Dev!

My 350 went to them for DBA disks with Ferodo pads all round

HEL brake lines

Exedy clutch and Flywheel

HEL clutch line

New brake fluid

New gear box fluid

New diff fluid

P1 service

Oh and some chav LED side lights :teeth:

Anyway... here are a couple pictures!

324073_624703150817_1850031978_o.jpg

557979_624703225667_1276695553_n.jpg

406239_624703894327_1444610252_n.jpg

539253_624703749617_1592049552_n.jpg

They are nearly a 4 hour round trip for me but I won't be considering any other garage whilst I have my Zed. They are do offer brilliant service!

I've been wanting to improve my Z's floaty and uninspiring handling for a while so I decided to pay Jez a visit. With the car already running Daiyama coilovers, Whiteline ARBs (fitted by Jez) and Powergrid drop links, the bushes are going to be taking increasing punishment so the 7 year old rubber ones were replaced with a full SuperPro suspension bush kit front and rear :).

Jez did a fantastic job of turning the car around quickly so that I could collect en-route back from the airport after a long weekend away. Everything went smoothly and after a quick test drive the Z was ready for the journey home. I was surprised how it felt more stable even in a straight line on the tedious M4 and straight A-roads. I instantly noticed more feedback through the wheel and the car definitely soaks up the bumps more convincingly.

A few days later I took the car out for a proper B-road blast to see how it felt in the bends. Again, a noticeable improvement in feedback and stability but I felt the body roll and turn-in could be better. I increased the Whiteline front ARB to the harder setting and set out for another blast. What a difference :scare:. I couldn't believe how good the car felt - so planted, confidence inspiring, zero understeer and a joy in the bends.

My conclusion is that the excellent SuperPro bushes combined with the other mods have helped me find the handling sweet spot. So another big +1 for Horsham Developments! :thumbs:

• 3 months later...

Many thanks to the HDev guys, very friendly and they really know their stuff :thumbs:

I had the following done:

Gearbox oil change (Nissan 350z spec - was notchy before but feels good now)

Ancil belts changed

Uprev remap

Decatted

Plenum

I'll post another thread with the graphs etc when I get home tonight (if my internet connection is working).

Unfortunately I had to drive back just after I had gotten home, as I could hear a deep rattling, which turned out to be some adjustments required on the rest of the exhaust. I initially thought it was the old CATS in the box but it wasn't, so I'd advise everyone to have a quick test drive before pootling off.

The car already had a scorpion back box fitted which does have a nice sound to it but I like a few pops from the exhaust, thus thought I'd go for a straight decatted exhaust (like my MR2).

It sounds utterly fantastic at higher RPMs but at around 2000rpm there is a really annoying sound (to me at least). :doh:

So I don't know what to do, I'm not sure if this is the infamous rasp that people mention but at that RPM it sounds a bit like a wasp in a tin can going mental. (vid/sound clip on the weekend)

Anyway, I'll definitely head back for future servicing and any other bits and pieces :)

Thanks guys.

• 2 months later...

Another recommendation - I visited Horsham Developments last week to have a knocking noise on my suspension diagnosed and I had the following work done:

- Droplinks replaced

- SuperPro suspension bushes fitted

- Gearbox oil change

- P1 service

- Belts changed

It feels like a new car – the knocking noise is gone, the front end handles much better and the gearbox is much smoother.

All the work was top quality, the guys have fantastic knowledge and the prices are fair. Will definitely be going back for future servicing and repair work.

• 4 weeks later...

Another visit to Jez and Karl at Horsham Developments yesterday to have a few bits done and looked at. Dropped off the Zed on the way to work, Jez even called a taxi to Newbury station for me.

The guys also checked out the front passenger side suspension for a knocking / popping sound I'd been hearing. Yet again they checked and double checked, tweaked, poked and generally did a health check to make sure everything was all ok.

Karl did a grand job of keeping me informed as to how things were going, letting me know where they'd got to with stuff.

The guys carried out the following:

P1 Service

Gearbox Oil Change

Diff Oil Change

Belts Changed

Bonnet alignment

BERKS HFC

All the work completed to an excellent standard and in what seemed to me, really quick time. Yet again very impressed with the professional and friendly nature and attention to detail guys. Thanks also for the advice regards brakes, tyres (especially) which I'll get sorted this weekend. Very happy indeed, especially with that lovely BERKS sound all the way home.

Only note to add is as follows: Damn you SMD & Will and your BERKS auto-suggestion which you both seeded in my head almost a year ago! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You were right though guys :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Edited by Bockaaarck

Was lovely going to a performance garage which doesn't try to skin you. Jez told me what needs doing for my car, what is urgent, what should be done at the same time to save money and what can wait. Everything which I was advised on was backed up with rock solid justification and wasn't a sales pitch.

Jez and Karl implemented a switch for me to completely dis-engage the traction control which works perfectly and changed my aux belts. His prices for parts are the lowest around and the service was great. I was treated like a valued customer and not like just another job. Will 100% be going back :)

Edited by Dedman

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is really late.. Don't know why I didn't post a thank you before.. But thank you for the remap!!

Went to Horshams back in January, and Jez mapped my car perfectly. Nice smoooth power curve, and no more engine management light!

Thanks again Jez!

Also - cant wait to see your little ultimaxx once it's done ;)

Big thumbs up as a first time customer. Not only had Jez been able to advise over the phone prior to my 350 purchase, once I'd discovered I needed new banana arm bushes I got top advice re OEM vs poly, and boy was he right - massive difference having SuperPro on there, but only in a good way - no harshness, no additional noise (like we'd notice anyway). Just good, taught sus and a decent feel to the steering again. Frankly, a good garage is worth travelling to, and so I shall.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

My car returned to Horsham Developments for it's fourth visit yesterday. Super Pro compression/banana arm, lower front & ARB bushes fitted along with an alignment session. No more crunch/squeak from the front end and now the handling and steering feel far sharper with no apparent slack (that was there previously.)

Big thanks to Jez and Craig for their patience and sorting my car out on a Friday afternoon. Excellent service gain :kicking:

• 1 month later...

Sounds like my car will be in good hands then booked in this friday with them :)

Just don't follow a satnav, get the proper location off them, I got stuck on some muddy track trying to follow my stupid nav :lol:

• Like 2

Met Jez Friday and had one of his plenum spacer fitted great price too :) and got lost of advice for the car as well back on wensday to have the car remapped as had a lot of bits added since the last one i have to admit i got Fantastic service and great guy. Had a good time Chatting to jez and the other chap cant remember his name :/ i also had a good look round the workshop aswell really nice people to deal with and will deffiently going back again cant wait to get it remapped wensday and see what power i get out of it

I'd highly recommend Horsham Developments to anyone looking to have any work done on there pride and joy :)

Sounds like my car will be in good hands then booked in this friday with them :)

Just don't follow a satnav, get the proper location off them, I got stuck on some muddy track trying to follow my stupid nav :lol:

Haha i missed the turn off at the a34 and ended up down some long windy country roads with lots of blind bends i will make sure i don't miss the turn off again added 17 mins to my journey :/

Ha ha yea was a very intresting drive thew those lanes but catn wait to get the remap done wensday lost if sleepless jights till then but i have to admit the plenum made a huge diffrence in the power 22bhp increase form that with out remap 282bhp cant wait to see what it does after :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...