Help please

hi wont bore you too much

im after a 350z

i have 7k for one will this be enough for a decent well maintained 350z?

im completly new to 350z are there different varients

can someone please fill me in on detials of the car which model what to look for are imports ok etcetc,

thanks all and hopefully il have a 350z by the end of weekend

Welcome :thumbs: .

You may be struggling on a budget of £7k to get a good example.

Do not be in a rush. Take your time and take a few out to test drive. Check service history, check if it is an import (nothing wrong with imports but spec different to UK cars). You will soon get a feeling of what you like and dislike and what is a good car. Happy hunting :thumbs:

all good advice thank you, it is hard to be patient though ive just d=sold my car and bike and was about to buy a seat leon cupra r but stumbled on these beasts! and have to have one even if i have to up my budget,

whats the MPG like on the 350z?

is the mechanics fairly bullet proof or should i expect to keep 3-400 aside a month on maintenence (was the case for my fiat coupe 20vt)

please dont stop the advice its all been taken in thanks

Read the buyers guides etc but I would give you two bits of advice.

- I'd save another grand and get an earlier mid/high mileage UK GT spec zed. Uk will be cheaper to insure long run, GT spec will allow you tO sell it later as non GT specs can be very hard to sell on. Buy cheap, buy twice!

- be swept up in the process as these are cars for 'passionate' people, but always check paperwork and be meticulous. Don't want to buy a lemon!

Good luck fella and post autotrader links to cars your interested in. Forum members here are really helpful. GL!

Best,

J

Hi and welcome to the forum. There is a sticky post for new members in the FAQ section with some useful links. :)

7k will limit your choice but with patience you may well get a reasonable car for that. There will always be someone who needs to sell fast.

Depends if tax is an issue. Pre March '06 cars fit in with the lower tax rules (£260 Vs. £460 per year) but the later cars have a better spec so it depnds what your after.

I would go for GT spec if you can as you get leather interior with electric/heated seats, 18" Rays alloys (although these were still optional on some early ones) 240W Bose stereo with 6 CD changer (although it's not that great) Xenon lights, boot spoiler (small but changes the look quite a lot) limited slip diff and a few other small things.

I got an '04 GT in very good condition with low mileage (30K) for around £12k about 7 months ago. I think prices have fallen since due to petrol going up and up. I probably over paid but it is in good nick and I got a warranty thrown in from the dealer. You'll probably get cheaper private but be careful.

Mine tends to average 24 -25 mpg running Tesco Momentum 99 on the work run (12 miles each way, some traffic around town and some dual carriage way). On a run of mainly motorway or A road can get over 30 mpg. My highest recorded mpg was 34.5 over a couple of 25 mile runs. I find that I lose about 2-3 mpg when running normal supermarket 97 super unleaded or bog standard 95 compared to the 99 octane.

Hope you find a good 'un

I got an '04 GT in very good condition with low mileage (30K) for around £12k about 7 months ago. I think prices have fallen since due to petrol going up and up. I probably over paid but it is in good nick and I got a warranty thrown in from the dealer. You'll probably get cheaper private but be careful.

I got a late UK 54 gt in good condition with 65000 miles on the clock for 8350 quid about 6 months ago, I have had to have a new exhaust and the switch plate around the electric window controls is a bit scratched(20 quid fix) and a worn gearknob, but other than that the car is mint apart from the odd stone chip, it also came with brand new rubber all round, full Nissan service history, a bird poo satnav (which to be fair works quite well) and recently refurbished rays alloys. I am extremely happy with my purchase and I know I have seen them a bit cheaper here and there, so hold out and you will find your dream car, I bought the third one I looked at, the previous two were black with 100k on the clocks but the paintwork was shocking on both(machine polished swirl marks) one was 10 grand the other was 11 grand. Just make sure you don't make that impulse purchase because as soon as you see that beast you will be tempted and remember its a buyers market, the guy I purchased mine from originally put it up for 11k then dropped it to 10k then 9k that's when I phoned him up and told him I had 8500 if it was any good he called me back within the hour, oh and because the was an mot advisory on worn rear brake pads I knocked another 150 quid off! :band:

Hmmm I too thought the gt came with rays alloys but I remember another member saying his was a gt and that had the same wheels as the one on eBay, so I am not sure. But it does look quite tidy so its got to be worth a look, plus most people seem to buy aftermarket wheels so you can easily get your hands on a set quite cheap.