Hey all from Malta :)

Hey all... just bought myself a 350Z from the UK and am currently having it shipped to Malta... will hopefully have it by Monday... can't wait!

I know this is meant to be a UK only forum, but there's no such forum in Malta (and no point in there being one since there are no 350Z's anyway)... so I hope you all have no objection for me to be a member here :)

Welcome Stefan, nice to have you on board... :wave:

Do you have any pics of the car you've bought, or any further info?

Thats a big comitment importing a car... did you come to the UK to view it?

Yep, after running the full suite of HPI checks and Odometer tests, I flew up to Yorkshire and spent the weekend driving around the UK.. hit Cheshire, Liverpool, Stratford, Leamington spa and finally Bristol, where I left it in a warehouse (was very painful).

I'll attach a pic of what the car looks like right now... though I've got plans to have plans for it hehe ... once I know more what the limits are.

The worst part is the import tax in Malta, since it's literally 100% of the price I bought it in the UK :( ... otherwise I'd have gone for a 370Z... though I think I still prefer the 350

I love Malta. Good job they've had the roads rebuilt since joining the EU otherwise you'd be sticking to a 4x4. I haven't been able to get ove to Malta for 3 years now. Used to got every year since 1998 for scuba diving.

I think Malta has lost a little character since having the roads repaired!

How come you didn't decide to drive the car over? TomTom can route the whole journey now. It would have been a great drive in a Z.

I love Malta. Good job they've had the roads rebuilt since joining the EU otherwise you'd be sticking to a 4x4. I haven't been able to get ove to Malta for 3 years now. Used to got every year since 1998 for scuba diving.

I think Malta has lost a little character since having the roads repaired!

How come you didn't decide to drive the car over? TomTom can route the whole journey now. It would have been a great drive in a Z.

I agree that it has lost some character... I also am glad it did in a way since at least we have 'some' good roads now :) Country roads are still rubble though.

I really wanted to drive it all the way over, but unfortunately I am a software contractor and am currently stuck on a contract till June... so no spare time :(

Welcome to the forum, my favourite place Malta As I was stationed there in the Royal Navy in the 70s. :thumbs:

That is so nice to hear! Thank you :) what is the yellow car btw? Looks similar to a car i'm building... A lotus 7 kit from tiger in my case

:welcome:

Some of the taxes are bleeding criminal abroad! Thomas Sorensen told us that the initial tax on a 350 in Denmark is 120%, then 25% VAT :scare: ........hope that makes you feel a bit better!

Looks B) too

Yeah, Malta used to charge Vat on registration tax too a few years back... Now they stopped that for cars with more than 6k miles, andinstead they charge registration tax based on emissions, car value, power and some other secret variables :)

Unfortunately the Z fits in the higher brackets for all of these.

Re Danish taxes, my Danish workmate told me about those... And there's some other country at 200%! That's criminal!

Thankfully the Danish also have some pretty good salaries :)