The Grand National

No tips but I did pick "Chief Dan George" and "In Compliance" at the work sweepstake. Most likely a pair of 3 legged donkeys but worth a punt for couple of quid! The National always comes down to on the day, the favourite always seems to get clobbered at a jump.

I got "in compliance" also in the work sweepstake. Will-hill was showing odds of 51-1 on it yesterday, so its hardly a favourite.

I used to do a lot of betting on the horses and the favourite only wins 25% of the time, so your better off lay betting against what ever the favourite is.

i've been given a tip for "silver by nature" so chucked a few quid at it.

+1 Would have a good chance but i am a bit worried about the drying conditions. Bit of a mud lover ;)

But still backing it :thumbs:

I would love to see Chief Dan George win for our local trainer. She won at Cheltenham last year but hasnt had much luck since and has been under the weather.

Skippers Brig could be worth a few quid as a late entry but is less than consistent.

My money is going on Big Fella Thanks as I am a fan of the jockey.

Ballabriggs

Jockey: J M Maguire

Trainer: D McCain Jnr

14/1

Oscar Time

Jockey: Mr S Waley-Cohen

Trainer: M M Lynch

14/1

Don't Push It

Jockey: A P McCoy

Trainer: Jonjo O'Neill

9/1

State of Play

Jockey: Paul Moloney

Trainer: Evan Williams

28/1

Niche Market

I had Royal Rosa (100/1) Silver By Nature and Calgary Bay - all were useless - mum got 2nd with Oscar Time though B)

Siver By Nature is not a useless horse the going was not in its favour but it still managed to finish twelth ;)