First time buyer

Hello from "lovely" Manchester!

Finally getting round to buying my first 350z and getting rid of the Fiesta I've had for 5 years! Hopefully I'll find out more and more about them from nosing round the forums as my current knowledge of zed's is little to none!

Where's the best place to start reading around? Just looking for usual problems, what to watch out for, what to expect for £10-12k, ideally a GT but not sure if that's asking too much for the money.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the welcomes, certainly an active forum :thumbs:

Been having a look around all weekend online at prices/specs, what, in your opinions, is a decent spec/mileage for up to £12k?

Seems to be a big price difference between 2003 to 2006 models, some going from £8-9k for the older which I thought might be too cheap?

Also I forgot to ask, is there a section on the forums for general running costs of a 350 or would a few nice people be able to let me know what they've spent, outside of modding, on running their 350z over the past 12/24months?

Thanks!

Welcome to the club. :wave:

You should be able to pick up a good'n for 12k. Don't worry so much about age and mileage, its condition and a service history that matters. And that doesn't just mean stamps in the book, as many main dealers are @*!# anyway....as long as there is a history of regular servicing with receipts.

I would recommend having a look in the for sale section on here as people in the club tend to look after them very well.

Are you the sort of person that likes to modify or is a stock one the one for you? Just a thought as if your a mod'er you'll be able to save alot of £ getting one thats already been done. :thumbs:

Welcome to the club. :wave:

You should be able to pick up a good'n for 12k. Don't worry so much about age and mileage, its condition and a service history that matters. And that doesn't just mean stamps in the book, as many main dealers are @*!# anyway....as long as there is a history of regular servicing with receipts.

I would recommend having a look in the for sale section on here as people in the club tend to look after them very well.

Are you the sort of person that likes to modify or is a stock one the one for you? Just a thought as if your a mod'er you'll be able to save alot of £ getting one thats already been done. :thumbs:

I love to tinker with anything I buy, I'm sure I can take that bad habit into a zed :D Just running through some insurance quotes and a standard GT is coming out at around £1100, cheaper than I was expecting, Admiral multi-car looks like it might be great for the missus and I.

I've been having a look in the For Sale section on here, some good cars in there, can I post within threads or do I need to be a member for 3months+/50 posts, or is that just for people selling and not buying?

• 2 weeks later...

Off to see a few zeds on Sunday! Spotted a few round garages in Manchester/Stockport.

I've not a real good look around a zed yet so just going for a nose as a lot of them seem a bit overpriced and I'd rather buy from an enthusiast who's looked after the car. I've got just over 4 weeks to find what I'm after for £10k, heres hoping!

• 3 weeks later...

Found one! Paid the deposit a week ago and have to wait until 30th to collect it.

Think I'm going to burst with excitement and I'm already thinking of all the things I want to do to the car before I've even got it :teeth: